Hoffa is already selling us out.

twoweeled

Or, they are more informed and willing to exercise their right to vote.

The shoe, doesn't feel good on the wrong foot.

They want to exclude them for "voting the wrong way".

And yet.... FZ and his merry little band, didn't bother to venture into Canada.

There could be a myriad of reasons why.

Like not being able to obtain a passport....

-Bug-
Or the Canadians were more informed? Implying the US members who have kept Hoffa in office here in the US are poorly informed?

Honestly, I can see why we may want to exclude another country from deciding our fate here in the US. You don't see that?

FZ didn't go into Canada? Could be lucky for you FZ didn't go into Canada?

I really don't know about the passport thing. Another lucky thing for Hoffa?

twoweeled

Why would any driver complain about there pay rate? It's $25 an hour starting rate at my location. That's more than most firemen, police officers, and paramedics. Your job is not harder, more stressful, or more valuable than any of those professions.
You don't need a college degree, so you're not paying tuition, and in many locations UPS has tuition reimbursement. If you're sick of having to toil as a cover driver or roughing in the warehouse, then you should probably find something easier to do like folding shirts at Target.
You are probably in another part of the country, but where I'm at there is no comparison between us and firemen and police. They have a higher rate of pay, better benefits, much better job security, much much better contracts, and a retirement with "an actual" cost of living raise. Different job, it's true, but many of the public sectors have many of the items I previously noted.
Sadly, many of us choose to focus on sectors dealing with the lower paid people in an attempt to make ourselves feel better. Personally, I don't get why anyone would choose to compare themselves to the worse, to lift themselves up. Regarding COLA, I think I just seen it once. I think it was a freakin dime!! No, we're not as well paid as you'd like to think. Take away the 62 hour work week, and the pay isn't all that outstanding for the work done.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
You are probably in another part of the country, but where I'm at there is no comparison between us and firemen and police. They have a higher rate of pay, better benefits, much better job security, much much better contracts, and a retirement with "an actual" cost of living raise. Different job, it's true, but many of the public sectors have many of the items I previously noted.
Sadly, many of us choose to focus on sectors dealing with the lower paid people in an attempt to make ourselves feel better. Personally, I don't get why anyone would choose to compare themselves to the worse, to lift themselves up. Regarding COLA, I think I just seen it once. I think it was a freakin dime!! No, we're not as well paid as you'd like to think. Take away the 62 hour work week, and the pay isn't all that outstanding for the work done.
Overtime pay is heavily taxed in my state. I used to work in steel fabrication . Started out five 10 hour days. Then work really picked up and it became five 12 days and 8 hour saturdays. Was not worth it.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Adjust your W-4.
Thanks, but that wasn't working. A lot of people left or after that became a trend got $2 raises. Though for a while they worked 70 hour weeks. Preload work isnt hard. You can get stacked out at times but you can (as I do), manage what you keep out. Things are a lot easier when the sups post the load sheets before shift so you know where your heavy's are going. It doesn't help at all when your 30 minutes into a shift and working at frantic pace and have to move things around as a result

A

Article 3

As I previously noted, contract negotiations are a fluid situation. Things change.

The IBT has put out more info than the goofballs at TDU.

Progress made in the Third Round of UPS Contract Negotiations

You're not going to get a "play by play" update of everything said.

Sit back and relax. This isn't the IBT's first time.

-Bug-
Ok i get that. A couple of us guys can retire any time now so we're just getting a little bit concerned about the pension and retirees healthcare issues.

The clock ticks slowly when watched but July 31 will be here before we know it. Just trying to get a leg up on what may go down.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Overtime pay is heavily taxed in my state. I used to work in steel fabrication . Started out five 10 hour days. Then work really picked up and it became five 12 days and 8 hour saturdays. Was not worth it.
You need to learn the difference between withholding and taxes....among other things.
Adjust your W-4.
....or just let the debits and credits work themselves out at tax time?

A

Article 3

@BigUnionGuy , will the IBT ever let UPS off the hook for making up the difference in the CS part of our pension...in your opinion?

It seems that in a few years they'll be holding the whole bag. When I turn 65 will the company then no longer be liable to make up the difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Article 3

Steel fabrication should pay more than part time work at UPS. Normally it would anyway. I had my own fab business in the late 90's and the going rate was $45/hr and I paid the "flunkies" $10-$15/hr back then.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@BigUnionGuy , will the IBT ever let UPS off the hook for making up the difference in the CS part of our pension...in your opinion?

It seems that in a few years they'll be holding the whole bag so when I turn 65 will the company then no longer be liable to make up the difference?
Yea @BigUnionGuy, at what point will UPS realize that the previously "unborn" will be in the mathematical position to sell us out, like we have sold them out for the last few decades?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Steel fabrication should pay more than part time work at UPS. Normally it would anyway. I had my own fab business in the late 90's and the going rate was $45/hr and I paid the "flunkies" $10-$15/hr back then.
How do expect to make an impression on a young man with the "vision" provided an individual with two irises on each eyeball???

We're certainly out of our league here???
68397.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It seems that in a few years they'll be holding the whole bag. When I turn 65 will the company then no longer be liable to make up the difference?

If I were a CS retiree currently receiving a UPS subsidized pension I would be extremely nervous about upcoming contracts as I believe that the subsidy will go away at some point in the future.