Hoffa is already selling us out.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'll be honest.
Too much leaked information will not make for a good negotiation.
This isn't about hiding transparency, it's about having a good discussion behind closed doors.

It's only February, I don't need to know everything right now.

Cheech_

It's mostly Maui Wowie but part Labrador.
I'll be honest.
This isn't about hiding transparency, it's about having a good discussion behind closed doors.

I don't either, and yes it's very early, but I definitely like knowing what they're sweeping under the rug and which issues they're standing their ground on.

542thruNthru

To much information confuses and scares most members. Half my building thought the proposals were the new contract. Giving members inside information that will do them basically no good is not a smart idea. That's what the committee is trying to avoid.

Till we see the proposed contract. Most of this stuff is just political crap. He knew he'd be bounced for talking and that's what he wanted.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't either, and yes it's very early, but I definitely like knowing what they're sweeping under the rug and which issues they're standing their ground on.
That's why they put out the initial and after reading the responses to it I think putting out the info was a bad idea.

barnyard

KTM rider
Half my building thought the proposals were the new contract.
Cripes, there are people here that think the proposals are the new contract.

I really appreciate the fact that we got to see the opening proposals and I think now it is a good time to not show us anything until there is an agreement to vote on.
We all know that UPS will plead poverty, that is what they do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Although I have no horse in this race, if given a chance, I would vote for a daily transcript of the negotiations to be released to Teamster members only. That way a person could really tell who was working for you and who was being paid off. Full disclosure can be your friend.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Although I have no horse in this race, if given a chance, I would vote for a daily transcript of the negotiations to be released to Teamster members only. That way a person could really tell who was working for you and who was being paid off. Full disclosure can be your friend.
I felt this way until I saw the reActions to the initial proposal that was released.

Most teamsters have no idea how negotiations work (its sad but true) releasing the initial proposal is just going to lead to no votes over unrealistic expectations

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll be honest.

Yep...we get to vote the contract in later...if it’s not to our liking send the :censored2:ing thing back... simple as that!!

F

Frankie's Friend

Hoffa is already starting his :censored2:.

First a Brownout, Now a Crackdown
I'll be honest.

Its too late:
20180217_002417.jpg

It was in the news tonite. The chinese army knows about it now. TDU leaked it. We all know theyre TDU. @BigUnionGuy confirmed it. This is bull:censored2:!

rod

Retired 22 years
I felt this way until I saw the reActions to the initial proposal that was released.

Most teamsters have no idea how negotiations work (its sad but true) releasing the initial proposal is just going to lead to no votes over unrealistic expectations

Just from what I read on here most people have already made up their minds to vote yes on anything offered (or taken away) because they are afraid to strike.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just from what I read on here most people have already made up their minds to vote yes on anything offered (or taken away) because they are afraid to strike.
The south carried the last contract through. I can tell you, at least in my center, the mentality is different this time. More people are engaged this time due to the 9.5 issues and this past peak of UPS showing how much they care about hourlies.

People who I would have never thought would care are now coming up to a few of us who follow negotiations asking if “this and that” are true and how they’ll vote no if “this and that” aren’t addressed.

This isn’t 2013, much has changed, and not for the better.

rod

Retired 22 years
The south carried the last contract through. I can tell you, at least in my center, the mentality is different this time. More people are engaged this time due to the 9.5 issues and this past peak of UPS showing how much they care about hourlies.

People who I would have never thought would care are now coming up to a few of us who follow negotiations asking if “this and that” are true and how they’ll vote no if “this and that” aren’t addressed.

This isn’t 2013, much has changed, and not for the better.

Now if you can just get those damn pusillanimous Canadians on board!

Dr.Brownz

I'll be honest.

Disagree, that will only allow Hoffa to blame all the failings on the company. If Hoffa had a sack he would be bending the company over!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'll be honest.

Yea let’s just wait til July! Great plan!