Hoffa to blame for Trump getting elected!

Irishman Collins

If the Hoffa administration would of been more concerned with the Presidential election and less concerned with their corruption charges and their own political skins, we wouldn't of been dealing with this anti Union President elect and two houses dominated by Republican Union haters.
I heard little if any comments or saw no literature explaining to our Union brothers and sisters why this election was so important.
The votes in Minnesota, Michigan and Ohio were close and if Hoffa and his administration would of done their jobs and got the word out, this disaster would of been avoided.
Instead folks, right to work will now ripple through the rest of the country and other Anti-Union legislation will follow. Our Union is doomed and will "Never" recover from this election.
On a better note... the IBT count is almost here and all the dinosaurs and corruption will be gone!!

By The Book

I think Hillary won Minnesota didn't she? The teamsters have kept their heads above water under previous republican presidents, I think we will be fine.

5habits100

If the Hoffa administration would of been more concerned with the Presidential election and less concerned with their corruption charges and their own political skins, we wouldn't of been dealing with this anti Union President elect and two houses dominated by Republican Union haters.
I heard little if any comments or saw no literature explaining to our Union brothers and sisters why this election was so important.
The votes in Minnesota, Michigan and Ohio were close and if Hoffa and his administration would of done their jobs and got the word out, this disaster would of been avoided.
Instead folks, right to work will now ripple through the rest of the country and other Anti-Union legislation will follow. Our Union is doomed and will "Never" recover from this election.
On a better note... the IBT count is almost here and all the dinosaurs and corruption will be gone!!
If the* weren't on websites spreading anti union bull crap it would have been better. Why didn't Suckerman stop Trump in his state? For that matter, why didn't the rest of his slate stop it? Why didn't they stop the pension issues for the coal miners or the steel workers?
Why didn't Hoffa stop the grassy knoll?
You freakin guys *
I can't wait until the ballots are counted next week. No matter who wins. I'm sure I will be put in time out because I speak my opinion but you guys and your blame game is freakin messed up. Look in the mirror you weren't at the polls standing out front asking people to vote against any candidate, you were crying on BC because UPS made record profits and you want to take every penny they make. You are going to get what you asked for and then you can go find another job like the FedEx guy who make a salary of $650 a week with no vacations, no healthcare, no pension, no seniority, no right to bitch to his boss about a problem he has, no right to raises every week and a whole host of other things they don't get. Remember this post if they don't delete it, if Fred and his group of misfits win, in 2018 he will agree to record givebacks and blame Hoffa or will will be on strike and 70% of you people will not be seeing the inside of that company again. Just my opinion for the record so you don't try to blame Hoffa for my comments.
Sorry for the rant but sometimes you can't save people from themselves and it is frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

You need to find a new way to grind that ax.

The Democratic Party lost this election when they cheated the Sanders campaign out of the nomination in favor of a candidate that couldn't beat Trump. Hoffa was a Sanders delegate at the DNC until the very end and -- in my opinion -- IBT and the executive board handled this race the best way possible, save for the late endorsement for Clinton that never should have come down and not coming out in favor of Sanders publicly.

50% of union members voted for Trump. This was the ultimate ":censored2: you" to the elites in this country. Maybe, just maybe, they're sick of smug neoliberals talking down to them and taking our money every 2 or 4 years just to shove it up our ass when the opportunity arises.

And maybe -- just maybe -- we should figure out why half of the American labor movement voted for a candidate that will shove National Right to Work down our throats by April instead of chicken:censored2: finger pointing after the fact.

5habits100

instead of chicken:censored2: finger pointing after the fact.

That's what these guys do. They have nothing else. I am curious if we were unfortunate enough that Fred won who they would point the pinger at. Oh wait I'll tell you, Hoffa. It is always his fault.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The Democratic Party lost this election when they cheated the Sanders campaign out of the nomination in favor of a candidate that couldn't beat Trump. Hoffa was a Sanders delegate at the DNC until the very end and -- in my opinion -- IBT and the executive board handled this race the best way possible, save for the late endorsement for Clinton that never should have come down and not coming out in favor of Sanders publicly.

50% of union members voted for Trump. This was the ultimate ":censored2: you" to the elites in this country. Maybe, just maybe, they're sick of smug neoliberals talking down to them and taking our money every 2 or 4 years just to shove it up our ass when the opportunity arises.

And maybe -- just maybe -- we should figure out why half of the American labor movement voted for a candidate that will shove National Right to Work down our throats by April instead of chicken:censored2: finger pointing after the fact.
Here's my two cents:

While agreeing with most that this a stretch at best to dump in Hoffa's lap completely, I do conversely understand what I believe to be the underlying sentiment.

This whole election cycle was dominated and manipulated by the corporate owned and driven "Media Machine".
With this in mind, where was Hoffa and other front line labor leaders?
Why weren't they on Meet The Press, CNN, CNBC, or any other media outlets.

Where were the local voter registration drives, numerous mailers and sample ballots?

It just seems to me that these "leaders" were content to sit in front of the TV or computer and let themselves and their members be manipulated, while spending all their time and resources trying to get re-elected in Union elections.

Hoffa, who is a shell of his former self; along with a slate full of "politicians" looking to move in a chain reaction of soon to be vacated IBT positions, absolutely did not do their part educating the members on what would be best for us all in this election.

Fact

~Bbbl~™

5habits100

Let us not forget the other losers also who run over and over and over and lose. Then, they throw their name in the hat without campaigning or a remote chance of winning and make a joke out of the system wasting their local unions money. They complain that Hoffa sat on the sidelines but they can't respond why Fred did nothing in his state to stop anti union Trump from winning. Actually, they supported Fred and wanted to try to get elected for delegate using Fred's name. They can't respond why Fred didn't or how Fred is going to fix the issues. If Fred had the answers, he should have put them out there for us all to hear prior to Hoffa kicking his ass to the curb. Maybe Hoffa would have kept him and I would have supported him. The only thing some know how to do is run their mouths. Some actually talk tough on here and when their job was on the line and they had the opportunity to fight and do the right thing their body parts shrunk to bb's.

Fact

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Especially the elite in the Union.
Who knows, Trump may do more for the blue-collar worker than the Demos have in the past 8 years (not hard to beat nothing).

5habits100

“Hoffa has endorsed Hillary and I’m hearing a lot of complaints about that,” Zuckerman tells In These Times. “Trump will do very well among Teamster members. I recently made a trip to Dayton [Ohio] and it was amazing to me how strong Trump was there.”

He says he hasn’t endorsed either presidential candidate.

Our members don’t need anyone to tell them how to vote when it comes to politics. I want them to think about the future of the union and whether they are satisfied with the status quo. They shouldn’t be, and that’s why I’m running,” says Zuckerman.

That was from TDU's website. And you people blame Hoffa?

WOW

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You were crying on BC because UPS made record profits and you want to take every penny they make.

Teamsters United.... in a nutshell.

With this in mind, where was Hoffa and other front line labor leaders?
Why weren't they on Meet The Press, CNN, CNBC, or any other media outlets.

Because Obama, lied to us ?

If Fred had the answers, he should have put them out there for us all to hear

Fred is just another (mouthpiece) politician.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Oh my god would you just shut up!
You win! For the dumbest post ever!

UniteandWin

Don't really know who is to blame for Trump being elected. I just want everyone to remember these words: National Right To Work

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

If people want the "right to work" give it to them.. just take away their right to union protection. That will make them think twice about not joining.
Joining? Where have you been the last few years? With control of both houses of Congress and the Executive office, they won't bother merely altering the Taft Hartley act to enforce national right to work.
They'll repeal the NLRA, and no one will have any union protection.
You now have a business man as President, business backed Congress and soon to be a business friendly Supreme Court.
Few people realize what this election really means...

Joining? Where have you been the last few years? With control of both houses of Congress and the Executive office, they won't bother merely altering the Taft Hartley act to enforce national right to work.
They'll repeal the NLRA, and no one will have any union protection.
You now have a business man as President, business backed Congress and soon to be a business friendly Supreme Court.
Few people realize what this election really means...
The union's won't go away... but the current members need to step up