Hoffa to blame for Trump getting elected!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Your right to organize, your right to strike, overtime, FLMA, 40 hour week, NLRB, the weekend, payed holidays, paid vacations, so on and so on. You will feel it and you will feel it hard in the next 4 years

Sent using BrownCafe App
We are giving these things up in our next contract?

UniteandWin

Wow. This a forum I don't stay constantly. I enjoy some of the intelligent, informed back and forth. I am very surprised about the lack of study of the Labor Movement. I can only hope people will make an effort to learn about very real and very bloody battles, that we all as Ups Teamsters benefit from everyday, not to mention the middle class in general. It is very easy to type something on Brown Cafe. It takes much more effort to study why you have the livelihood have.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DOK

If the Hoffa administration would of been more concerned with the Presidential election and less concerned with their corruption charges and their own political skins, we wouldn't of been dealing with this anti Union President elect and two houses dominated by Republican Union haters.
I heard little if any comments or saw no literature explaining to our Union brothers and sisters why this election was so important.
The votes in Minnesota, Michigan and Ohio were close and if Hoffa and his administration would of done their jobs and got the word out, this disaster would of been avoided.
Instead folks, right to work will now ripple through the rest of the country and other Anti-Union legislation will follow. Our Union is doomed and will "Never" recover from this election.
On a better note... the IBT count is almost here and all the dinosaurs and corruption will be gone!!

"Why this election is so important"

-immigration
-repeal Obamacare
-lift gov't regulations on coal, timber, oil
-drill for oil
-Supreme Court nominees
-ISIS
-Keystone pipeline
-lower taxes
-lower corporate tax rates
-eliminate the death tax
Etc etc etc

He's going to have a busy first 100 days

Last edited:

DOK

"Why this election is so important"

-immigration
-repeal Obamacare
-lift gov't regulations on coal, timber, oil
-drill for oil
-Supreme Court nominees
-ISIS
-Keystone pipeline
-lower taxes
-lower corporate tax rates
-eliminate the death tax
Etc etc etc

Gimme Danger

Is spending 30k to TDU the same thing?
Spending money on TRF is like any other 501c3 that provides a service.
A union can't give money to TDU, but members can.
But this is different then the union sending a political mailer to members. I liked our local's mailers this election. Did you?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Spending money on TRF is like any other 501c3 that provides a service.
A union can't give money to TDU, but members can.
But this is different then the union sending a political mailer to members. I liked our local's mailers this election. Did you?
So how can we find what "services" the TRF provided for 30k? And yes the mailer was a great plug. The timing was very suspicious.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
BTW, nice pic of the granddaughter.
Grandson.
Apparently the apple didn't fall far from the tree?
Poor little fella.

Reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story"?
s-l300.jpg

Gimme Danger

And yes the mailer was a great plug. The timing was very suspicious.
The mailers before the Nov 8th election and the Sept 13th primary? Endorsing candidates for public office and encouraging members to vote is suspicious? Why, because the local wasn't politically involved in the past?