Hold All Tickets!!!

Heavy Package

We are now a full 8 months of back-pay behind due to this crappy contract and horrid Union leadership. The PT-ers and those in progression are owed a lot of real money. I wonder how many people have left the company in these 8 months that will get nothing and how much money UPS gets to keep because of this. I am estimated to be paid $3,840 AFTER taxes and growing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are now a full 8 months of back-pay behind due to this crappy contract and horrid Union leadership. The PT-ers and those in progression are owed a lot of real money. I wonder how many people have left the company in these 8 months that will get nothing and how much money UPS gets to keep because of this. I am estimated to be paid $3,840 AFTER taxes and growing.
This is what you took from the story?

How about "good for you Western PA and Local 243"....or "it's about time our VP's stood up and respected the vote", or even "screw the two-thirds/50% rule"???

But no, it's gotta be about your back pay,
Me, me, me, me, me.....selfish prick.

SMH

Inthegame

How about "good for you Western PA and Local 243"....or "it's about time our VP's stood up and respected the vote", or even "screw the two-thirds/50% rule"???

SMH
There's many more out there than you think.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
....and I will continue to engage everyone of them who stick their head out of the holes in which they reside.
head-up-your-ass_92430_1.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

....and I will continue to engage everyone of them who stick their head out of the holes in which they reside.

All you have to do, is look at the threads posted in "Life After Brown".

Just by the shear number of views and posts, the membership is disengaged and really

doesn't care. People would rather spend their time in "meaningless fluff"....

Or, the "corner bar". Imagine if they were that much involved in the Union forum.

All you have to do, is look at the threads posted in "Life After Brown".

Just by the shear number of views and posts, the membership is disengaged and really

doesn't care. People would rather spend their time in "meaningless fluff"....

Or, the "corner bar". Imagine if they were that much involved in the Union forum.
Maybe we are tired of our sell out union and need a place to blow off steam. Don't worry we will all get involved to vote out our current POS IBT leadership

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Maybe we are tired of our sell out union and need a place to blow off steam.

I understand that (misguided) line of thought.

Is it the Union's lack, or attempt.... to get people involved ?

Or, is it just laziness on the part of the members ?

How many members in your Local attend the Local meetings ?

How many.... walk into work, wearing a Union jacket ?

Hard questions to answer.

Don't worry we will all get involved to vote out our current POS IBT leadership

If only....

And, what's going to change ?

Hard questions to answer.

If only....

And, what's going to change ?
Don't know what's going to change but we won't have 20 years of the same old crap.

We need term limits

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't know what's going to change but we won't have 20 years of the same old crap.

Ron Carey was the master of "change".

There were more detrimental changes, to the Master language and the supplements

under his watch. You know I can prove it.... right ? ;)

We need term limits

Never gonna happen.

Throw in some newbie Teamster official.... against a seasoned company person ?

You think, you have it bad now ?

Ron Carey was the master of "change".

There were more detrimental changes, to the Master language and the supplements

under his watch. You know I can prove it.... right ? ;)

Never gonna happen.

Throw in some newbie Teamster official.... against a seasoned company person ?

You think, you have it bad now ?
I believe this contract has opened the eyes of many Teamsters, even the ones that don't work at UPS.

When a supplement has a 60% no vote but not the 50% total and UPS rising claims it as a victory that the supplement has passed

It looks like dirty pool .it shows your vote doesn't matter and why on Earth would anyone in a right to work state pay union dues?

IworkWhatdoUdo??

SMH
Honestly, whatever happens in Western PA or Local 243, don't immediately effect me in the least. Couldn't possibly care any less. :surprised: Yeah, I said that...

Also, don't give a rat's a** about the retro pay. Honestly, just no point in dragging this BS any longer. Not much gonna change. Let's just get our raises and be done with it

F

Frankie's Friend

Honestly, whatever happens in Western PA or Local 243, don't immediately effect me in the least. Couldn't possibly care any less. :surprised: Yeah, I said that...
So you would cross a strike line?
Also, don't give a rat's a** about the retro pay. Honestly, just no point in dragging this BS any longer. Not much gonna change. Let's just get our raises and be done with it

How do you rectify those statements in the same paragraph?

I'm glad that those locals had members that were engaged and involved enough to bargain for better language.
Did you miss the percentages of the voting in PA and 243?
I think (I hope) you probably dont know that you're barking up the wrong tree with Ive.
Some members dont show up at local meetings because their representation sucks and is company friendly. It really does get old going there and putting your "leadership" on blast.

Seeing how a vast amount of members voted against this contract and it was shoved down their throats it's obvious that consistant disregard for members breeds apathy and estrangement.

The cheerleaders get tired of cheering for the team that purposely throws the game.

F

Frankie's Friend

The folks in the Corner Bar and Meaningless Fluff threads are typically union brothers and sisters (and some other friends) who enjoy engaging each other without the stress of work issues prevailing in their every thought.

The predominant focusing on negative things isn't healthy. Some of us are born to fight bullies 24/7 and some have other priorities.

I get your point @BigUnionGuy but it's hard to live and breathe union work all day....

for "normal" people.:peaceful:

The folks in the Corner Bar and Meaningless Fluff threads are typically union brothers and sisters (and some other friends) who enjoy engaging each other without the stress of work issues prevailing in their every thought.

The predominant focusing on negative things isn't healthy. Some of us are born to fight bullies 24/7 and some have other priorities.

I get your point @BigUnionGuy but it's hard to live and breathe union work all day....

for "normal" people.:peaceful:
Amen