Home Delivery with indirect signature...

HomeDelivery

... a customer complained that they have filed a pre-authorized form to DR packages on her front porch.

but this was for FedEx Express & I didn't get any prompts on my scanner to do so. I had to explain to the customer that Ground/home delivery is a separate division of FedEx & would still need for her to sign my scanner

<Shrugs>

this was the 2nd instance that I have run into; the other was to DR packages in a townhome with a shared hallway; I didn't do it since i was trained not to DR in cases like that. Customer complaint but was not paid since I said it was my call not to release it in a high claim area. Didn't know he had filed something similar to DR them in front of his door in plain view of the neighbors' doors

they better work on integrating this to Home Delivery :smart:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
When I was in CRR school (for express) they told us if in doubt, don't del. the package.
I've only had about 1 cust. ever tell me that they have a thing in w/FDX that we can leave pkgs.
I tell them, well this one is DSR (direct sign) so that over-rules your signed thingy. They buy it.

HomeDelivery

7, thanks for that tip... and i'll tell them to blame the shipper for requesting that option :P

she lives in a nice area & she should let the shipper know it's safe to DR to her huge front porch

vantexan

... a customer complained that they have filed a pre-authorized form to DR packages on her front porch.

Since Express went to Direct Signature and Indirect Signature options that the shipper pays extra for, we no longer set up recipient releases. We do honor previously set up releases unless the DSR or ISR is chosen by the shipper. But with our being allowed to release at residencies anyways the old releases only apply to businesses and situations that we normally wouldn't release to, like an apartment.

LTFedExer

Had a DSR from a courier I was helping Friday. There was a note on the door to deliver across the street. I simply tagged the door like the note wasn't there. I saw the courier after my PM (he runs 4/10's) and he said I could have delivered across the street. I told him, 'BS, I don't do that for anyone. They can come pick it up'.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Had a DSR from a courier I was helping Friday. There was a note on the door to deliver across the street. I simply tagged the door like the note wasn't there. I saw the courier after my PM (he runs 4/10's) and he said I could have delivered across the street. I told him, 'BS, I don't do that for anyone. They can come pick it up'.

I'd do the same.
Except on the door tag I'd write "sorry but, you have to sign for this in person"

LTFedExer

I tell them, well this one is DSR (direct sign) so that over-rules your signed thingy. They buy it.
You make it sound you're getting over on the customer. There's nothing for them 'to buy'. It's the way it is and that's all.
My manager told me once to release a DSR at one of our board members 'get away' homes. I told her as long as I get something in writing, I will. Time to leave the building, still nothing. Nobody was at the house, the package came back to the building with me that night.
I'd do the same.
Except on the door tag I'd write "sorry but, you have to sign for this in person"
It says it on the doortag, no?

HomeDelivery

It says it on the doortag, no?

for a direct sig, yeap... but some people wants to go around this step to TRY to indirectly have someone sign for it...

in my area, they have this new statement on the "sorry, we missed you" doortags:

if they don't want to sit home all day for the FedEx delivery person, they can call the 800 # to have it held at a local FedEx Office Location or at the terminal, whichever is closest for them... is it like that for your area as well?

LTFedExer

if they don't want to sit home all day for the FedEx delivery person, they can call the 800 # to have it held at a local FedEx Office Location or at the terminal, whichever is closest for them... is it like that for your area as well?
Yup, we have FedEx Offices all over or they can request to hold at the station. They get any hold packages by 9:00. It's usually that areas couriers first stop.

whenIgetthere

for a direct sig, yeap... but some people wants to go around this step to TRY to indirectly have someone sign for it...

in my area, they have this new statement on the "sorry, we missed you" doortags:

if they don't want to sit home all day for the FedEx delivery person, they can call the 800 # to have it held at a local FedEx Office Location or at the terminal, whichever is closest for them... is it like that for your area as well?[/QUOTE

I had one about 6 months ago, bad snowstorm, walk up to house about 200 feet from road, note on door deliver to neighbor, but it's DSR. I tag the door, and the neighbor comes to my truck to say they will sign. I told her if you go up to the house, and open the door when I ring the bell, then I will let you sign for it. otherwise, they can pick it up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This whole thing about residential DSR's is for the most part, they don't work! Most people aren't home and the logistics of trying to get their signature in person is like pulling teeth. All for an extra $2.75? Bad idea all around.