homeland security

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't get the above story at all.
UK citizens and all westernized countries don't need a visa to travel to the US.
Unless the boy wanted to attend school there, and stay for quite some time.

klein

Now I got Dumb & Dumber !

UK citizens don't require a Visa to vacation to the USA !
Nor do Canadians, most Europeans, Australians or New Zealanders !

Last edited:
Now I got Dumb & Dumber !

UK citizens don't require a Visa to vacation to the USA !
Nor do Canadians, most Europeans, Australians or New Zealanders !
Maybe that suggests that you do not know everything there is to know about the subject. I really doubt these people made up the story they told to the news media. What would they have to gain by doing so? It could be that the young man shared the name of someone on the terrorist watch list...IDK...do you? I didn't think so.

klein

If you're on a no fly list, you get turned away at the airport !

Totally different, then filing for a Visa application.
Visa applications must be done well in advance and then approved.

Anyways, bact to Mexico :
Just yesterday, our weather lady on our news, pointed out how jelous she is, when going to her social sites :
Some of her friends blogging, their winter escapes "Off to Mexico, cya later "

(just another example, that our news doesn't exagerate those drug cartel deaths there).

Our newscast from yesterday : http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/index.html (select Jan 14th news video)

If you're on a no fly list, you get turned away at the airport !

Totally different, then filing for a Visa application.
Visa applications must be done well in advance and then approved.

Anyways, bact to Mexico :
Just yesterday, our weather lady on our news, pointed out how jelous she is, when going to her social sites :
Some of her friends blogging, their winter escapes "Off to Mexico, cya later "

(just another example, that our news doesn't exagerate those drug cartel deaths there).

Our newscast from yesterday : http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/index.html (select Jan 14th news video)
So you think the terrorist watch list is only to keep people from flying? Pretty naive, I'm willing to bet most branches of USA Homeland security share that list. I'm not saying that was the cause, just offering that as a possibility. Your only offer is suggesting it wasn't possible for the boy to be denied access. The parents applied for the visa, it was denied with the explanation of " Because you either did not demonstrate strong ties outside the United States or were not able to demonstrate that your intended activities in the US would be consistent with the visa status, you are ineligible.", so clearly you don't know all there is to know.

This could be nothing more than a clerical error. a mistake.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We were 81 degrees yesterday, so you don't need to go to 'murderland'....er, I mean Mexico for nice beach weather.

klein

You just don't get it.

If a UK citizens wants to travel to the US, they do the same as I do.
They book an airline ticket a week or more, in advance, before they leave.

They do not deal with US customs officers, until they either arrive in the US, or like here (we have US customs at the airport, after the screening process, asking us qustions).

My mother for example, she only carries a German Passport. She leaves Monday to Florida.
She booked her ticket 3 weeks ago. She will face US customs & immigration at the airport.

I`m leaving within 2 - 3 weeks there, too. I have never filled out a Visa in my entire life.
(still no ticket booked, nor purchased)

There is no visa application to fill out, period !
Not if you come from the UK, Germany, or anywhere from a western industrialized country.

And that is why I don't get the above Newspaper Story ! Doesn't make sense. (and no link to it).

You just don't get it.

If a UK citizens wants to travel to the US, they do the same as I do.
They book an airline ticket a week or more, in advance, before they leave.

They do not deal with US customs officers, until they either arrive in the US, or like here (we have US customs at the airport, after the screening process, asking us qustions).

My mother for example, she only carries a German Passport. She leaves Monday to Florida.
She booked her ticket 3 weeks ago. She will face US customs & immigration at the airport.

I`m leaving within 2 - 3 weeks there, too. I have never filled out a Visa in my entire life.
(still no ticket booked, nor purchased)

There is no visa application to fill out, period !
Not if you come from the UK, Germany, or anywhere from a western industrialized country.

And that is why I don't get the above Newspaper Story ! Doesn't make sense. (and no link to it).
Then why did these people get a denial ?

klein

Ok, that explains it now (South African Passport and citizen) They require Visas to travel into the US.

Why they just don't get a British Passport ?
If they can't get that from the Brits, why should the US let them in ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Janet Napolitano's Ultimate Border Fence.............

[video=youtube;Afa4uxM5U-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afa4uxM5U-s[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dhs.asp

A devout atheist wants us Godless....a devout muslim wants us dead.

HereThey Come...this will make your day!

Kareem Shora Arif Alikhan

Well, boys and girls, today the fox is guarding the hen house. The wolves will be herding the sheep!

Obama appointed two devout Muslims to homeland security posts.

Obama and Janet Napolitano appointed Arif Alikhan, a devout Muslim, as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development. DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore-in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim, who was born in Damascus, Syria, as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

Devout Muslims being appointed to critical Homeland Security positions? Doesn't this make you feel safer already? That should make our homeland much safer, huh!?

Was it not "Devout Muslim men" that flew planes into U.S. buildings 8 1/2 years ago? Was it not a Devout Muslim who killed 13 at Fort Hood ?
Please forward this important information to any who cares about the future of our Country.

klein

Why are you so worried Moreluck ?
This former homecity of mine, that even makes Houston , Texas look small (Oil Capital of North America) - Calgary, has elected a Muslim Mayor last year !
The city has a population of about 1.3 Million, with surroundings even more.

And they are doing just fine ! Probably , the richest city in all of Canada.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wouldn't put the fox in charge of the hen house, but if that's how you do it in Canada, no wonder you have no eggs and no chickens!!

klein

First MUslim Mayor in any city of Canada.

He got elected, and you know what ? Might just be a good thing, to avoid those beliefs that people like you have, MORE !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Or, he could be setting up the place for his cohorts to come in and cause some cataclysmic event.....but if you're OK with it I'm OK with him being there too.