Hope i make my 30 days

UrFellowUpser

Ive been under like every other day for the past two and a half weeks now but i always seem to be over on my Orion miles by like 15 miles. I think this will bite me in the ass.

Box Ox

I would've hated doing my 30 under ORION. You guys are given the same amount of time to qualify but have to know your route BETTER than we had to while trying to make it because of some of the random stuff ORION wants you to do. When to back into a driveway and go the other way. When to take some other road to shave .2 miles off. How those areas ORION wants you to run a Z pattern in are connected. The address of that house on the corner of two roads ORION wants you to deliver to in the morning while you're running air before you go back and deliver to both in the afternoon. Etc.

Box Ox

Its crazy man i was like 9 miles over today. I did have to break trace for some 3pm commits but idk man its hard.

Make note of your commercial NDA savers in the morning and let management know if the ORION computer has you running any of it close to or after 15:00. Same with your commercial ground stops close to or after 17:00. For some reason I can sheet a stop as commercial every day and the system doesn't automatically catch it and/or alert the dispatch sup that it's an issue.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Its crazy man i was like 9 miles over today. I did have to break trace for some 3pm commits but idk man its hard.
Can't speak for your management team, but I would be THRILLED a new guy had enough thought to make the decision to make service over ORION miles.

Not enough management buy into it, but Safety, Service, Production. In that order.

UrFellowUpser

Can't speak for your management team, but I would be THRILLED a new guy had enough thought to make the decision to make service over ORION miles.

Not enough management buy into it, but Safety, Service, Production. In that order.
Its important to make service at all cost because thats what they paid for. Thats one thing i make sure is get all my NDAs off and have NO missed businesses.

ManInBrown

Ive been under like every other day for the past two and a half weeks now but i always seem to be over on my Orion miles by like 15 miles. I think this will bite me in the ass.
If they like you, you're fine. If they don't, you're not. It's really what it comes down to. If they want you to qualify, you will. If they don't, the miles will disqualify you

If they like you, you're fine. If they don't, you're not. It's really what it comes down to. If they want you to qualify, you will. If they don't, the miles will disqualify you
I have seen this happen many times over the years. There is always something they can find to DQ a person. Just last Summer they gave a female driver a second 30 day period to qualify.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

They care about production and that's it. If they cared about service they wouldn't tell us to run trace if we leave the building late and deliver the air whenever...if service was important then even a minute late they would say to deliver a nda first because obviously it's something important...but that would get in the way of production...and safety!? Lol

UrFellowUpser

I dont know my ORS seems to like how im doing even though it seemed like he had little faith in me in the beginning. He always says things like you know that route dont you with a smile on his face and my center manager says things like if i continue to run the route like i did like the previous day i will be good but you really dont know with this place.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's a joke... Just do the best you can... You are way too young to stress about these kind of things... If they want you they will turn a blind eye to Orion crap... Trust me.