Hourly to feeder driver.

robot

Has A Large Member
I have a few guys in my hub that are in feeders and never did time in package car. I believe they were combo job employees.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I've read that contract cover to cover while on the can. It's a great read for that. I didn't see anything about that. Senioirity still rules as far as I know. However, there is a gentleman in my building who was an outside hire who worked in package for maybe 5 weeks. He hated it and was about to quit when the boss told him about feeders and that there was a spot open and no one wanted it. Twenty years later he is still there. I have also heard of pre-loaders going straight to feeders because no one wanted the sleeper team routes. So it can happen but if you get it it's because no one else wanted it, not because someone found a loop hole in the contract.

SWORDFISH

You can go directly to feeders but only if everyone ahead of you passes on the opportunity. We had a guy transfer in a couple years ago and became a feeder driver very soon after. Then after that another position came open and one of our newest drivers that we hired from Cintas went to back up feeder driver. No one wants feeders where I am from because the hours suck. I almost took the spot but dont like being asleep all day and awake at night. I used to do that when I did preload and hated it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've been told that now in this new contract we don't have to go to package car anymore. We can jump the line to feeder.
I can tell that you're predestined for feeders, because you sure know how to start a rumor.:wink2:

I've read that contract cover to cover while on the can. It's a great read for that. I didn't see anything about that. Senioirity still rules as far as I know. However, there is a gentleman in my building who was an outside hire who worked in package for maybe 5 weeks. He hated it and was about to quit when the boss told him about feeders and that there was a spot open and no one wanted it. Twenty years later he is still there. I have also heard of pre-loaders going straight to feeders because no one wanted the sleeper team routes. So it can happen but if you get it it's because no one else wanted it, not because someone found a loop hole in the contract.
+1

You can go directly to feeders but only if everyone ahead of you passes on the opportunity. We had a guy transfer in a couple years ago and became a feeder driver very soon after. Then after that another position came open and one of our newest drivers that we hired from Cintas went to back up feeder driver. No one wants feeders where I am from because the hours suck. I almost took the spot but dont like being asleep all day and awake at night. I used to do that when I did preload and hated it.
+1

paidover95

I went from pkg to 22.3 to pkg to feeders back to package all in 6 years.So here in new england it can be done.Being in feeders at the bottom of the list blows!!!!!!!!!Nights is awful.Happy to be back on days in pkg.

tieguy

Banned
I went from pkg to 22.3 to pkg to feeders back to package all in 6 years.So here in new england it can be done.Being in feeders at the bottom of the list blows!!!!!!!!!Nights is awful.Happy to be back on days in pkg.

is everyone in new england over 9.5?:happy2:

Big Babooba

How many years of full time seniority did you have when you went into feeders? It was more than 6 years wasn't it? Quite a bit more I'm sure.

mpeedy

I have 15 years in package 19 in the co. and expect to be in package at least another 3 years before I can be eligible to go to feeder.

brett636

I know more than a few feeder drivers who never did time in package car either. In fact one feeder driver I know of was part-time with the company for only 9 months when they went into feeders. It has not so much to do with contract language as it has to do with the need for feeder drivers in your area. Here when they need feeder drivers they take package car drivers first from all centers in my local area, then they go fulltime inside and combo, then part-time.

robot

Has A Large Member
Yeah being bottom guy in feeders sucks. I'm not getting enough consecutive punches to get my 34 hour reset. So I am pretty much on call 24/7.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
My building requires you to be full time package for minimum of one year before you can go feeders. To me it doesn't make sense. Package and feeders have very little in common(only the DIAD for feeder TDP drivers). Also, we have feeder drivers that were hired off the street. They obviously don't have 1 year of package car.

over9five

Staff member
Our Feeder bids say you must have one year with no avoidable accidents. Does this mean as a PC driver, or can it be in your own car? I don't know.