How bad is it in California with the mudslides affecting UPS operations?

Shiftless

In the San Luis Obispo area?

Have a package that is delayed and has been diverted to Compton which is abnormal routing when I order from this particular business in San Luis Obispo.

Feeder paths on the 101 to the south and north no longer exist in the Santa Barbara to Carpinteria area for the next few days. Originally they said 101 may open Thursday night. Now, Local news just said maybe Sat. or Sun. More than likely your packages go thru the San Fernando hub or Grande Vista. If it has already made it to Compton its out of the trouble zone.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Gee thanks for the info.......I was unaware of that........there are 4 zip codes affected....none of which apply to my package.

:eek::nonono:[/QUOTE
Gee thanks for the info.......I was unaware of that........there are 4 zip codes affected....none of which apply to my package.

:eek::nonono:

You don't think what effects one area can have an effect on another area that doesn't seem to be tied to that area? Sound like a customer instead of another employee

542thruNthru

Feeder paths on the 101 to the south and north no longer exist in the Santa Barbara to Carpinteria area for the next few days. Originally they said may open Thursday night. Now, Local news just said maybe Sat. or Sun. More than likely your packages go thru the San Fernando hub or Grande Vista. If it has already made it to Compton its out of the trouble zone.

That's probably the first time anyone has ever said that about going into Compton.

Shiftless

I use to deliver in Compton in the 70's. Its reputation was much worse than it was in real life in the day time.
Night time? WHOLE different story!

Shiftless

Drivers in the Santa Barbara area are getting on whale watching/sight seeing boats in Ventura to come to work in Santa Barbara.

Shiftless

I guess the late arriving trailers are showing up in Santa Barbara area.

Being the retired guy on the block, when I am not out travelling myself, I get the "Hey, can you watch my house while I'm gone" duties. So here a few minutes ago at almost 7:30 pm I hear the pkg car squeal and stop at the travelling neighbors house. Driver is gone by the time I walk out (They tell me I have to put clothes on before I go outside now???) and move the package into the house. Label says UPS Next Premium? What the heck is that? Next day air premium? Next day ground premium? Premium what? Next what?

Ah, the luxuries of being retired !

browned_out

There were 5 trailers for Santa Barbara left at the Bakersfield building as of yesterday. I know at least 4 of those got to SB last night. There was a major accident on highway 166 that delayed those trailers from reaching SB.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I use to deliver in Compton in the 70's. Its reputation was much worse than it was in real life in the day time.
Night time? WHOLE different story!
You can thank these guys for some of the hype....
DC179A6D-8AF9-440B-BEE4-A036E56F4F42.jpeg