How bad is UPS management retirement that they work during Peak Season?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have a handful of on-road feeder sups that have retired in the past few years that come back for peak for something like $35 an hour. Some of them train, some of them direct traffic in the yard. Good part-time work, if you can get it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know around here they ask anyone who has been retired less than 5 years to come back and work peak. As far as I know no one ever has. Apparently the Union turns a blind eye to it. I put the word out that if they would let me sheet on paper, load my own truck, let my truck run all day, jam the locks on all the doors so they wouldn't lock and guarantee me only 8 hour days I might think about it. I never heard from them.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The feeder department I worked out of has several retired management working peak, as well as at least 2 retired feeder drivers. The same management folks have been there the last 2-3 years.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The feeder department I worked out of has several retired management working peak, as well as at least 2 retired feeder drivers. The same management folks have been there the last 2-3 years.

I've heard in some areas, (Georgia) old mgmt never really retires, they just smoke more ganga.