How bad is UPS management retirement that they work during Peak Season?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have a couple of retired managers that come in during peak to help with planning, training drivers and basic administrative tasks.
I asked one of them about it and he said its good money plus no pressure or BS to deal with. Having the ability to get up and walk out with zero consequences completely transforms the job. They help out for 8 or 9 hours a day then go home. Easy peasy.

vvv

The Helper Coordinator that we have had the last four peaks is a retired Center Manager. He was actually hired as an outside contractor, so technically, not a current UPS employee. He says he is being paid very well for coming in.
Same in my center last couple years.....although I don't see him around this year.

35years

Gravy route
2 year retired driver has worked the last 2 peak seasons.
He demanded no more than 8 hrs of work every day as a condition of returning.
He never has more than 8. He told them if they loaded more than that, they would be missed without sheeting.

Dr.Brownz

I see alot of older guys around here with no hobbies and their whole life is working for UPS. It's just what they do. So they retire and realize they are bored.

Losers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I see alot of older guys around here with no hobbies and their whole life is working for UPS. It's just what they do. So they retire and realize they are bored.

Losers.

"Losers" is a bit harsh but I do agree that work should be just one part of a person's life.

16 months to go and I have already started to plan for the transition.

ManInBrown

He never has more than 8. He told them if they loaded more than that, they would be missed without sheeting.
Why even come back? That mentality is slapping other drivers in the face. How much do you want to bet he walked up and down the every morning looking in everyone's truck laughing, and then telling them to come down to his truck so they could see a nice easy day. Rubbing it in everyone's face

Johney

Doesn't that affect his pension checks?

Notretiredyet

The first thing they asked when I retired Thursday was if I was coming back for peak. We can come back at top rate and still collect our pension, only a handful have ever taken them up on it. Those that have only do it once.