How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

AK.

I had one from 2013-2018 now I just read the contract online.
i just had a moderator edit one of my posts, ill probably get banned because a new person on here trying to figure out their rights at work is getting flamed by a bunch of trolls and defending himself against it. i guess they dont care about the other trolls but thank you guys for your help, im going to apply the information you’ve given me and hopefully change happens

AK.

Yes part timers should have a 3½ guarantee. I believe it's only part time air drivers who are only guaranteed 3 hours.
oh wowwww, its funny because id have no idea we had any rights if i didnt have family to tell me, gosh our union hall really sucks then

PT Car Washer

i just had a moderator edit one of my posts, ill probably get banned because a new person on here trying to figure out their rights at work is getting flamed by a bunch of trolls and defending himself against it. i guess they dont care about the other trolls but thank you guys for your help, im going to apply the information you’ve given me and hopefully change happens
I think most if not all new hires are treated the same as you. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse the longer you stay.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Surprisingly that shocks me, even my last two center managers would pull that book out and look through it to see if I had a right to what I was arguing about.
I was in Operations in Georgia which is a RTW state.
Never had any issues really.
Different culture, different company, different Union, different workers.
I was in Non-Operation positions from 1990 - 2013 ... I consulted IE and Labor several times a year though.
I didn't read the contract because I needed UPS's official position on an point in the contract.

Box Ox

I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc.

Bury them in grievances.

I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will

Tell your steward what's up and call/text your BA about a hostile work environment at your location.

but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble.

Don't say a word to them and file grievances.

Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe

Supervisors push back against the "S" word at their own peril. They never took things further with me as a preloader when I used it. If they keep rushing you, file a grievance.

but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.

File file file. Do not react in any way either verbally or physically. Give them nothing to use against you.

542thruNthru

Surprisingly that shocks me, even my last two center managers would pull that book out and look through it to see if I had a right to what I was arguing about.

My center manager has the contract in his desk. He also calls our steward all the time to see if he understands the contract right and is allowed to do something.

It's kind of funny actually. :)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Good now beat it @Barney

542thruNthru

California :rolleyes:

3857980_0.jpg