How can I get a UPS driver terminated???

AlwaysAnnoyed

I have a friend who has had about three years of harassment issues with her UPS driver. He visits her place of business every day during his delivery run, regardless of whether he has a package or not, and will not leave until told to do so. He attempts to engage in conversation with clients in an effort to remain in the place of business. On his UPS uniform he wears a different corporate logo pin to hopefully drum up business with his “side line” of work. He has, on multiple occasions, tried to convince her to go on trips, all of which she refuses. She has spoken to him about his behavior and in some cases he appears understanding, but on most he becomes argumentative, in front of clients. His behavior subsides for a short period of time then returns.

Business clients routinely point out he has an inappropriate attraction to her. She fears contacting UPS supervisors because of reprisal from this crazy driver. He has pointed out that he knows exactly where her private residence is located and even sent a personal Christmas card to her home address.

So is there an anonymous way to get a driver fired or reassigned to a different route?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I have a friend who has had about three years of harassment issues with her UPS driver. He visits her place of business every day during his delivery run, regardless of whether he has a package or not, and will not leave until told to do so. He attempts to engage in conversation with clients in an effort to remain in the place of business. On his UPS uniform he wears a different corporate logo pin to hopefully drum up business with his “side line” of work. He has, on multiple occasions, tried to convince her to go on trips, all of which she refuses. She has spoken to him about his behavior and in some cases he appears understanding, but on most he becomes argumentative, in front of clients. His behavior subsides for a short period of time then returns.

Business clients routinely point out he has an inappropriate attraction to her. She fears contacting UPS supervisors because of reprisal from this crazy driver. He has pointed out that he knows exactly where her private residence is located and even sent a personal Christmas card to her home address.

So is there an anonymous way to get a driver fired or reassigned to a different route?

Write to UPS, include the harrassment and also include notification of what could arise if the problem is not taken care of. Including a harrassment case, and also trespassing. Make copies of this letter.

Write to UPS at:
UPS Corporate Headquarters
55 Glenlake Parkway, NE
Atlanta , GA 30328
United States

Then wait a week or two. If he is still showing up and the problem driver persists, call the police.

i'm really not sure where else to go, others probably have better and more thorough advice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The ideal way for you to handle this would be for you to speak with the local management team at the center where this driver works. However, you have already said that you don't feel comfortable doing this. LessWork provided you with the address to Atlanta, which is our corporate headquarters. That would certainly get this issue resolved but the time frame may not be as quick as you may like. I would suggest that you contact the district manager and provide that person with what you have provided us here.

This has gone beyond flirting and is awfully close to going beyond stalking. The fact that he knows where you live and has even sent you a Christmas present should tell you that it is time to take action.

I appreciate why you wish to remain anonymous and think that you will be able to do so but you will have to disclose your name when you speak to the appropriate manager, who will then assure you that confidentiality will be his highest priority.

This has happened before and unfortunately will happen again. Drivers have been terminated for this before and unfortunately will be terminated again.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Trying to understand your place in this matter. Do you know this driver? Have you personally witnessed this behavior. If she can't stand up for herself how is it your place to intervene. Seems to me this woman is the person that needs to take the steps necessary to remedy this problem. The key words and actions needed are all present in your post and need to ultimately come from her.

People who post as "anonymous" on this site are frequently referred to as cowards.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why doesn't AlwaysAnnoyed just tell this driver to get off the property or have her boss do this? He shouldn't be bothering this person at all, he needs to be told off. She should tell him that she will call UPS if he doesn't stop. We had a driver that got fired for harassing women customers. He deserved it, too bad it took so long.

tieguy

Banned

If your friend has been putting up with it for three years then its clear she likes the attention.

drewed

Shankman
Something I thought about...If hes going there even if he doesnt have a delivery could'nt that be considered stealing time?

Yea! good point....i bet his dispatch sup would be interested to know this, our dispatch sup considers anything beyond UPS, good afternoon, how are you, great me too, see ya tomorrow, being done on a consistent basis stealing time. so if this guy is spending 5-10mins a day doing this.....over 3 years? thats atleast 60 hours of work lost (5mins a day 48 weeks a year worked)

Just call and tell mgmt. to keep him off your property. Happens all the time, drivers get kicked out of places. If that doesn't work, call the police.

dillweed

If this woman really doesn't like the attention she needs to call and complain for herself. Never put your boob in the wringer for someone else - it will usually get squashed.

UPSGUY72

If the guy is really being an :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: then contact UPS. However, if you or your friend just want to get back at an EX or someone that you don't like forget about it. It isn't going to work. The DIAD board that each Driver carries has GPS Tracking so his center can tell where the driver is at all times.

Mike Hawk

I smell troll, if he really was doing this for 3 years someone would have noticed and dome something (not posting on a message board), also termination wouldn't stop him from harassing her, he just wouldn't do it in browns, so why ask how to terminate if it wouldn't fix the problem? I think someone just wants to get back at a UPS driver. Also, no further responses, post and run!