How do other people survive with healthcare costs

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Like your 13/50 ass has any
IMG_5209.gif

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The biggest thing that drove up cost post Obama are was the mandate to cover pre existing conditions,

Back then prior to Obama care I worked in car dealers, for those that don't know car dealers are among the scummiest people on the planet, anyway

In the late 90s this dealer I was working at had a lead tech that was always miserable.. I found out his wife had cancer and after years of fighting it she passed, this guy takes some time off then with no notice comes in with a truck to get his box.. first the manager comes over then owner both trying to talk him into staying, offering a raise etc.

I overhead him finally blow up and tell them.. "you know what I am actually releived my wife died so I can finally quit this :censored2:ing place and tell you what a POS I think you are"

Turns out once they knew he could not leave because he needed insurance they started screwing him.. I know they cut his pay and gave him the bad jobs that didn't pay well. I don't know for certain if it was done intentionally but what the long time employees told me he started getting :censored2:ed right ofter she got cancer.

I know many of you are UPS lifers and have been here since early adulthood so changing jobs is foreign to you but for many people that preexisting condition mandate was huge.

Also, to be fair the plan was modeled after Romney care here in Massachusetts,we have a requirement to carry coverage here, by striking down the requirement to carry insurance that made the insurance companies raise prices since they could not offset the costs with younger people that the requirement to carry insurance brought into the system.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So you weren't taxed because your benefits were too good. Nether was I or anyone else. Just another Republican scare tactic.
Wrong. Democrats put the union tax in the bill. They own it.

The availability of high-quality health care has been a top selling point for those who belong to unions. It is a benefit these workers have bargained for, and oftentimes they have sacrificed higher pay for these excellent insurance benefits. What business is it of Congress that these employees have prioritized their health care in such a way?