How do you beat the heat?

oldngray

nowhere special
itscoming.jpg

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
We are supposed to have a heatwave here this week. Last week was pretty bad as well. I am a preloader (sunrise shift) and even though it's usually mild during that time, the humidity makes me sweat gallons. Aside from staying hydrated, is there anything else you guys do to beat the heat and stay more comfortable? I've been wearing Under Armour shirts and shorts (breathable, sweat-wicking) but it doesn't seem to be helping much.
Buy the frog togg and put it in ice water for 1 minute pull it out of the ice water and wring it out, then put it around your neck . I found mine at bed bath and beyond but can be other stores at 15 bucks you won't regret it. Its basically a chamois material.

upsbeernut

I go swimming for a half hour during lunch when I'm close to the local swim club only on Wednesday s since that plan puts me all around it.

upsbeernut

I like to mix It up. anything but Strohs and malt.
I do too look at my refrigerator picture , that was weeks ago I prefer to have 8 different beers at all times. By the way Strohs was unbelievably 20 years ago it really was fire brewed but they went for a cheaper way to brew it.

upsbeernut

I looked up how to make portable A/C units..basically,it's a cooler..filled with ice..then you make a lid out of some plywood to fit the cooler..2 holes ..one for a small fan..other is the ''exhaust''..the fan can either be battery operated..or..I'm going to try a small solar panel to power the fan..
The fan blows downward into the cooler over the ice..the air comes out the ''exhaust'' hole..you could rig that up with some dryer type venting hose..so you could point the hose at your face/body..
One guy goes as far as to keep the cooler looking like a cooler..leaving the lid on..so it could be in the back where y'all keep your supplies behind the driver's seat..
Secure the cooler with tie downs...run a long wire from the fan to the solar panel..which could be secured on top of dashboard...if you're going to keep the cooler in back..then it's going to take some thinking on how to get the cool air to the front..
Going to make a prototype and test this out..but checked on youtube..and it does work..
The thinking of letting it still look like a cooler..as we all know how mgmt. might think if they see someone wheeling this contraption in every day..but if it looks like a cooler full of ice and cold water bottles..and the fan on the wood thing left in the back,locker,trunk of car??..bushes down the road..then...who's to say..
I think also the cooler is going to not have any drain hole in it..again..in case mgmt. thinks it's going to leak all over the precious cardboard..off to the local second hand shop for a cooler!!..
That's on survivalist . Com its called the Redneck cooler and has to be hooked to battery it really works according to the article . I said I was gonna make one but never did . Looks like it blows out 40 degrees.

upsbeernut

I am due for my yearly physical....
Whatever you do don't tell the UPS doctor you drink beer, today 9/17 a new driver was on the belt and when he filled out his dot form he put he drank 15 drinks per month and the doctor held off on signing him off for duty. Not sure why but now he might have to do blood tests monthly. That's insane !