How do you become a driver?

sanrun

I work in small sort running carts. I started as a bagger about 2 years ago, they moved me to the carts because I move quick. It’s starting to annoy the hell out of me, it’s a battle keeping good rolling carts on my frogs! I work two, not really fair because I know for a fact the other sorts use 2 people. Besides that I’m bored to death, same bull:censored2: every day. I’m older and unfortunately I can’t retire yet. I’m still working in the printing industry but that’s about over. I worked as an offset press operator for 37 years. I know driving can be challenging but maybe that’s what I need. I’m a 57 year old woman in excellent physical shape from running and swimming. Not super strong but I can lift 60lbs or so off the ground. What’s the first thing I need to do to because a driver?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I work in small sort running carts. I started as a bagger about 2 years ago, they moved me to the carts because I move quick. It’s starting to annoy the hell out of me, it’s a battle keeping good rolling carts on my frogs! I work two, not really fair because I know for a fact the other sorts use 2 people. Besides that I’m bored to death, same bull:censored2: every day. I’m older and unfortunately I can’t retire yet. I’m still working in the printing industry but that’s about over. I worked as an offset press operator for 37 years. I know driving can be challenging but maybe that’s what I need. I’m a 57 year old woman in excellent physical shape from running and swimming. Not super strong but I can lift 60lbs or so off the ground. What’s the first thing I need to do to because a driver?
Job opportunities are posted in your building. We can't help because its location specific. Contact your full time supervisor

You don't want to be a regular driver at this point in your life , it would beat you up too bad
Maybe you could be an air driver?

sanrun

I’m not a troll. I’m serious, I just signed up. I’ve read a lot of posts the past year and was hesitant in signing up because it seemed like a lot of slamming and bitching here. I’m not up for that so if that’s where this is going then I’ll delete my post and ask my Sup or HR.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
57 years old and want drive, going to be hard on your knees and you have to pass the dot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Personally I think you would be making a huge mistake. Just retired at age 62 after 34 years. As tough as this job is on a mans body, it’s really tough on a woman. My wife drove a package car for 14 years before going into management for her last 7 years. She was 5’10” ,160 pounds and 44 years old when she took a buyout. Her knees were shot. I have had 3 surgeries on my knees and two surgeries on my ankle in the last 4 years. Believe me...this is a young mans job.

I have seen quite a few women come in go in the centers I have worked in. Most of em were not up to the task. A few are still at it but not many.

As others have said...... try to do some air delivery or pt delivery and see how you like it.

Wish you luck...

sanrun

Personally I think you would be making a huge mistake. Just retired at age 62 after 34 years. As tough as this job is on a mans body, it’s really tough on a woman. My wife drove a package car for 14 years before going into management for her last 7 years. She was 5’10” ,160 pounds and 44 years old when she took a buyout. Her knees were shot. I have had 3 surgeries on my knees and two surgeries on my ankle in the last 4 years. Believe me...this is a young mans job.

I have seen quite a few women come in go in the centers I have worked in. Most of em were not up to the task. A few are still at it but not many.

As others have said...... try to do some air delivery or pt delivery and see how you like it.

Wish you luck...