how do you file a GRIEVANCE for attendance

Package Stick

"Send it."
I have seen loaders lose the scanners inside the feeder truck that they were loading. Most of the time we find it either a couple minutes after they lose it or the destination hub/center will find it when unloading and send it back. I'm talking about purposely throwing a hand scanner into the ground with anger. I've seen it done. Those scanners cost more than most hourlies make in two months. In reality you can be terminated on the spot for that if the scanner breaks. That is destroying company property.
How much do you think this lowly PT worker made last month? Hahaha.

dudebro

Every 25 year guy I've talked to always tells me the same thing....They have never seen anyone get fired for production.
We had this case where one guy really wanted to piss off management, so he decided one day to run, or should I say walk a 7 SPORH. They TRIED to fire him, only when it got to the panel, he got off with a 1 week vacation, I mean, suspension, and he was back giving management hard ons again. He made out like a bandit on that one cause after that all they did was assign him to shuttle and pick up misloads.
That is why you discipline without passion or prejudice. If that employee is like the one you describe, you hope they'll just decide to do the job like everyone else. But some people don't do that. So you keep using progressive discipline and putting him in the system. Every panel is a roll of the dice. Sooner or later the employee who refuses to change will roll a snake eyes and lose.

The Range

In too deep
There was a loader at one time who loaded say, 300 per hour.
Any time the Sup would stand in plain sight for 30 min of the day doing a time study, the person would be at 450.
Yet, when the loader could not see the sup, came in at 300.
Got fired and did not get the job back.
Basis of the termination that stuck was the fact the loader could load at 450, but only went at 300.

This never happened. If the employee was terminated permanently, it was either not for the reason you think or chose not to fight it.

Last edited:

Air Recovery

Listen hoss,

No kidding an employee will have a bad day every now and again. I am talking about when they totally drop the ball to make a point or get back at someone in management. That is exactly what I use it for. To make sure they don't drop way down to some ridiculously low number, and then say that is all they are capable of. I can hold an employee accountable with any legal and ethical method I choose.

Thanks!
I wish you were the :censored2: in "charge" of me i would make you cry every day with grievances