How do you see this election playing out in the electoral college??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I posted on 10/28 that I predicted:

Obama - 263
Romney - 275

And I also noted then, that being wrong on one state meant Obama would win.

I wait until Nov 7th to update my projection.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I posted on 10/28 that I predicted:

Obama - 263
Romney - 275

And I also noted then, that being wrong on one state meant Obama would win.

I wait until Nov 7th to update my projection.

yea , but what states do you give Romney? Thats the question...

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is how I predict the election will go and I give Romney Florida.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

You can select the states you want to give each candidate RED for Romney and BLUE for OBAMA, then, near the bottom of florida, there is a share button. Click SHARE and then a RED LINK will appear below that. You can copy and paste that link on this thread and show how you feel the election will go.

Thanks for playing!

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives

yea , but what states do you give Romney? Thats the question...

Peace

TOS

Warning: I don't know any more about this than John King or Chuck Todd.
A fun exercise in futility but this is what I came up with on a state by state selection. Only after selecting the states did I look at the totals.
Essentially, if I am wrong on any one state, Obama will win.

I tried not to choose either candidate but used the criteria of the incumbent must have 48.5% and lead by 3-this is probably skewed in favor of Obama according to James Carville but I set the criteria up before I selected states.
Hoax 2012 State Map.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

I am not a fan of the electoral college. One of the main purposes of it was to prevent a mob rule by (which is a true democracy) but when you look at states like California, Florida, and Ohio, as well as a couple of others, I cant help but think that the mob still plays a huge part in how things end up. I think the process should be tweaked a little bit. Every state should be a "swing state". Just sayin....

rod

Retired 22 years
It all depends on the voter turn out. Large turnout = Obama. Small turn out = Romney. I've posted before my views on politicians so it don't really matter who wins. Yes- I will vote against one of them. I always vote. If you don't vote you have no reason to bitch latter on.

iruhnman630

Ive never toyed with the electoral calculators, so without giving numbers, I see Obama winning by a one state margin, probably Ohio....

But Romney will win the popular vote.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh come on guys/gals... this is a cool and fun excersize! We have talked "smack" all year long and with one week to go ( as of today) we can have a little fun with this thing that has occupied many months of our lives.

Try the link I posted, select the states you think your "guy" is going to win, click save and post the link.

There is no right or wrong, its only an excersize for our amusement. I posted the link to my map with all the states for each and gave some numbers.

I could be completely wrong, but whatever, its still something we can all do without calling each other names.

Try it!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh come on guys/gals... this is a cool and fun excersize! We have talked "smack" all year long and with one week to go ( as of today) we can have a little fun with this thing that has occupied many months of our lives.

Try the link I posted, select the states you think your "guy" is going to win, click save and post the link.

There is no right or wrong, its only an excersize for our amusement. I posted the link to my map with all the states for each and gave some numbers.

I could be completely wrong, but whatever, its still something we can all do without calling each other names.

Try it!

Peace

TOS
Playing with you would be like playing with Gage after he was resurrected from the dead in Pet Sematary One.

brett636

You have Romney winning WIS, IOWA,OHIO,VIRG, NEV &COLO??

Even the Romney people arent that confident. We will see.

Peace

TOS

Thanks for pointing that out. Honestly I set up that map 2+ months ago and reposted what was saved in my browser history. I had forgotten all about NV being one of my Romney choices so I have altared it and gave NV to Obama.

Romney still wins

R 295
O 243

Still a conservative estimate considering electoral prediction models based on real economic data are also giving Romney PA and MN which I just don't see him winning. It does keep Obama on his heels as he feels its necessary to spend money defending these states that should be solidly in his corner.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thanks for pointing that out. Honestly I set up that map 2+ months ago and reposted what was saved in my browser history. I had forgotten all about NV being one of my Romney choices so I have altared it and gave NV to Obama.

Romney still wins

R 295
O 243

Still a conservative estimate considering electoral prediction models based on real economic data are also giving Romney PA and MN which I just don't see him winning. It does keep Obama on his heels as he feels its necessary to spend money defending these states that should be solidly in his corner.

There is NO doubt that OBAMA is in the position of having to defend states he should be clearly winning. That first debate really hurt OBAMA and while he has made up some ground to keep it at tied, he'd better hope his ground game in the swing states comes through.

In Ohio, in early voting, its been said by the election officials that OBAMA already leads by 20%.

We will see how that holds up next week.

Peace

TOS