EPIC FAIL, COLOSSAL FAIL & just plain FAIL in the 2012 Election!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When exactly are you claiming that our village idiot created the solar power industry?

AHH, mr confidence comes out of the shadows.. How about that loss. eh? Just like 2008 like i told you. Wrong again YOU (X) ME ( )

Barack Obama has created an industry where there was NONE. Entire school districts in california are going to solar power! This wasnt happening 4 years ago. This is what a president can do to regrow our manufacturing sector.

You should be thankful.

The right wing is busy trying to kill the solar industry, and people like yourself are following suit by complaining about it, but its here to stay buddy.

You may be too old to understand the technology, but its the future. The sun has endless power and harnessing that power is key to cutting dependence on cancer causing industries.

The coal market doesnt like solar because it signals and END to their industry, but progress moves forward not backwards. Something the right wing needs to learn.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A couple of issues here. First off you live in California, where the sun shines a lot more often than it does in other areas of the country. Secondly, I am not against any sort of alternative energy source, but it has to be feasible. My best guess is those solar panels will never pay for themselves, and will need replaced before they produce enough electricity to cover the cost of installing them. My drive everyday takes me past a huge windfarm, one that I actually enjoy passing each night. They do look cool, but the electricity each windmill produces is still much more expensive per kilowatt hour than that produced at a coal plant, and again those windmills will wear out and need replaced long before they will pay for themselves. My problem with Obama's plan is that instead of working to make the alternatives cheaper, they are working to make the mainstream energy sources more expensive so the alternatives seem cheaper. This can only hurt people in the long haul not help, and the perceived environmental benefits are negligible.

Oh, and BTW, solar panels existed long before Barack Obama. I used to have a newspaper route in the early 90s when I was a kid and a customer of mine had solar panels on their house. They are nothing new, only they are just as big a waste of money today as they were then.

A little info for ya... those panels have already paid for themselves. The schools are able to SELL BACK unused power BACK TO THE GRID and that credit saves MONEY.

Remember, weekends generate stored power ( since no one is there) and that saves power to be used or unused. That saved power is then sold back to the power company. Like i said, my entire town is moving toward solar in their homes, in fact ALL OF THE HOMES being built as we speak include solar power.

Those customers also sell back unused power to the power company.

If we all made a contribution towards saving energy, then ugly cancer causing coal plants could be eliminated alltogether from the USA.

If all households could save 20% electricity from solar, the savings would be staggering.

You are correct, we live in california, and its sunny most of the year, but you dont need 100 degrees to generate solar power. Solar panels are a good way to heat the pool. Its time for progress and change. Out here, there are hundreds of solar companies popping up out of nowhere.

There are deals all over the place. Some offer installation of panels at NO CHARGE. You only pay for the power the generate.

As time goes by and people realize that solar is a reasonable solution to coal plants or nuclear plants, then it will continue to get cheaper.

As long as the sun rises everyday, there will be power to harness.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We get our solar panels from China.

NOT THESE PANELS... the contract for this project required all AMERICAN parts to be used. No foriegn parts in this installation.

Solydra failed in part because they couldnt compete with the cheap panels being imported from china. As a supplier, they couldnt make a profit building them here if china was going to flood our markets with cheap panels.

But I am sure you would prefer to have china eat our lunch , right?

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Trying to be a good citizen I called various solar panel companies to look at my house and give me a bid.

The lowest bid I recieved was 27,000 dollars ---stipulating that if they damage my concrete tile roof --it was my problem -not theirs.
Payback on making this investment was laughable--not ready for prime time !!!

The technology in your area just hasnt caught up with the rest of the country. Panels dont have to go onto your roof if you dont want them there.

Give it some time.

Peace

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The technology in your area just hasnt caught up with the rest of the country. Panels dont have to go onto your roof if you dont want them there.

Give it some time.

Peace

TOS

Actually you haven't kept up with the technology. I was watching a home improvement show (This New House) and they demonstrated a solar panel designed to be installed on Spanish style concrete tile roofs.

Solar tiles that offer style | Green Tech - CNET News

av8torntn

AHH, mr confidence comes out of the shadows.. How about that loss. eh? Just like 2008 like i told you. Wrong again YOU (X) ME ( )

Barack Obama has created an industry where there was NONE. Entire school districts in california are going to solar power! This wasnt happening 4 years ago. This is what a president can do to regrow our manufacturing sector.

You should be thankful.

The right wing is busy trying to kill the solar industry, and people like yourself are following suit by complaining about it, but its here to stay buddy.

You may be too old to understand the technology, but its the future. The sun has endless power and harnessing that power is key to cutting dependence on cancer causing industries.

The coal market doesnt like solar because it signals and END to their industry, but progress moves forward not backwards. Something the right wing needs to learn.

peace

TOS

Once again. Exactly when are you claiming our village idiot created the solar panel industry?

wkmac

Barack Obama has created an industry where there was NONE.

Anyone with any basic knowledge of solar and/or alternative power would understand the total fallacious manner of this statement. Just on the basis alone as a "LONGTIME" subscriber of Home Power magazine among others as well as longtime advocate of alternative micropower generation and opposition to centralized power systems and grids, this statement alone discredits the presenter. The ill effects of mal-investment from gov't subsidy aside, giving credit to Obama for advocating solar is fine but to claim he "created the industry" is both fallacious and disingenuous.

If Obama is doing anything, he is trying to keep the control grid in place, maintain the centralization of energy in the hands of those who want to wield power over others. It's time to consider the potential that we don't need a power control grid, we don't need a power generating grid that operates either off fossil fuels or even solar or wind. Could we be about to enter an age where energy is produced on the spot where we are and if we don't need it, we can pass it off to others for their use and it's all free?

Justin Hall-Tipping: Freeing energy from the grid - YouTube

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im all for solar, if it works, and when it is avaiable at the same rate, as what we now use. In my unscientific use, I love solar lighting. But it doesnt work when the sun dont shine. May be just ducky in California, but in Ohio, we have days without enough sun to keep my little solar lights alit. Then there are the batteries.......usually cost more to replace than the gadget it helps light.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]The Hope-a-Nomics Disaster: One Company's Horror Story[/h] Here's the tale of just one Colorado company victimized by the Obama Department of Energy (DOE).

Colorado Distribution Group is a privately held storage and shipping company based in Denver. Thanks to hope-a-nomics, its warehouse is saddled with nearly 7,000 pallets of federally subsidized solar panels (one-third of which are completely spoiled and unsalable), along with related detritus such as broken glass and stray module parts.

While $22,000/month in storage costs go unpaid, the panels consume up to a third of the company's warehouse space. Legal costs have forced CDG to slash payroll and lay off at least three employees. A source with knowledge of CDG's woes told me this week the company is facing pressure by the Department of Energy to drop its petition to recoup those costs. The feds want CDG to swallow a $1.4 million tab to dispose of the bum solar panels.

In July, according to Dow Jones, CDG asked a Delaware bankruptcy court "for permission either to sell or collect rent on the property Abound Solar Inc. has at its facility, saying the situation is threatening its ability to stay in business." Like many private enterprises in the Age of Obama's Brass-Knuckled Politics of Revenge, fear of retribution holds back many from coming forward publicly about such attempted shakedowns.

Recently released internal documents show that customers demanded replacements for the panels after experiencing "low performance," "under performance" and "catastrophic failures." Credit and technical advisers at DOE complained about having "major issues" with the Abound Solar deal and expressed concern over the "transaction pressure under which we are all now operating." The documents fly in the face of Obama's denial — just days before Election Day — that his White House played any role in this fiscal disaster.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Anyone with any basic knowledge of solar and/or alternative power would understand the total fallacious manner of this statement. Just on the basis alone as a "LONGTIME" subscriber of Home Power magazine among others as well as longtime advocate of alternative micropower generation and opposition to centralized power systems and grids, this statement alone discredits the presenter. The ill effects of mal-investment from gov't subsidy aside, giving credit to Obama for advocating solar is fine but to claim he "created the industry" is both fallacious and disingenuous.

If Obama is doing anything, he is trying to keep the control grid in place, maintain the centralization of energy in the hands of those who want to wield power over others. It's time to consider the potential that we don't need a power control grid, we don't need a power generating grid that operates either off fossil fuels or even solar or wind. Could we be about to enter an age where energy is produced on the spot where we are and if we don't need it, we can pass it off to others for their use and it's all free?

Justin Hall-Tipping: Freeing energy from the grid - YouTube

Let me see if I can break it down to third grade level for you MAC.... What I said and meant, was that in the last 4 years ALONE, the solar industry has privitized to the point where thousands of small solar companies are popping up. THAT segment of the industry didnt exist 4 years ago.

Yes, solar existed, but not at the commercial level that we are seeing now. There are thousands of companies operating today installing, selling and promoting solar products to consumers that did not exist just 3 years ago.

We all know solar existed before Obama, but The Obama administration has moved the country forward in accepting solar, just like they did convincing consumers to buy alternative energy vehicles.

The future is bright for the solar industry, and getting dark for the coal industry.

Its a tradeoff, but we have to move forward.

peace

TOS

M

MenInBrown

Let me see if I can break it down to third grade level for you MAC.... What I said and meant, was that in the last 4 years ALONE, the solar industry has privitized to the point where thousands of small solar companies are popping up. THAT segment of the industry didnt exist 4 years ago.

Yes, solar existed, but not at the commercial level that we are seeing now. There are thousands of companies operating today installing, selling and promoting solar products to consumers that did not exist just 3 years ago.

We all know solar existed before Obama, but The Obama administration has moved the country forward in accepting solar, just like they did convincing consumers to buy alternative energy vehicles.

The future is bright for the solar industry, and getting dark for the coal industry.

Its a tradeoff, but we have to move forward.

peace

TOS

What happens when the war on solar begins?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What happens when the war on solar begins?

It has already started, its called the republican party and their drones who repeat everything they say. Unfortunately, it will be another war the GOP will lose, like the war on women ( obama wins) the health care act ( obama wins) fast and furious ( obama wins) bengazi ( obama wins) the war on minorities ( obama wins) , the war on electric cars ( obama wins)...

Now the solar war is being lost as progress continues to prosper in the face of opposition like the GOP.

Solar isnt going anywhere, no matter how many talking heads fox news puts on its airwaves. No matter what that functional idiot limbaugh says, he barely made it out of high school and has no formal education to speak of. His education on the air comes from well scripted dialog provided to him by experienced writers for the RNC.

So RUSH's constant bashing of solar will have no effect, just like he had ZERO effect on the election.

peace

TOS

M

MenInBrown

It has already started, its called the republican party and their drones who repeat everything they say. Unfortunately, it will be another war the GOP will lose, like the war on women ( obama wins) the health care act ( obama wins) fast and furious ( obama wins) bengazi ( obama wins) the war on minorities ( obama wins) , the war on electric cars ( obama wins)...

Now the solar war is being lost as progress continues to prosper in the face of opposition like the GOP.

Solar isnt going anywhere, no matter how many talking heads fox news puts on its airwaves. No matter what that functional idiot limbaugh says, he barely made it out of high school and has no formal education to speak of. His education on the air comes from well scripted dialog provided to him by experienced writers for the RNC.

So RUSH's constant bashing of solar will have no effect, just like he had ZERO effect on the election.

peace

TOS

you do realize that Obamacare had a mandate in it which if you refused to buy health insurance you paid a penalty right? well it was said to be a tax not a penalty...so the bill will have no merit once it is back in front of the supreme court...it will have to be written as a tax and voted on again.

M

MenInBrown

war on women? is that what the tards keep drilling in your head? you mean the women who want hard working people to pay for the birth control? fast and furious Obama can have. ( killed an America) benghazi he can have ( killed Americans) minorities he can have electric cars he can have ( have yet to see one on the road) TOS they can have him (has no brain) ;)