EPIC FAIL, COLOSSAL FAIL & just plain FAIL in the 2012 Election!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe Cat just wanted to build their products closer to where they would actually be used.
Also you don't mention the double taxing of overseas income, profits which are first taxed in the overseas country & then taxed again when the US company attempts to send those profits home.

NICE SPIN, but the reality is, CATs products are TAXED if they are built in the USA and sent to south america and places around the world... The way to beat that is to build them in south america and take advantage of both the tax relief and cheap labor rates.. a win win for CAT and a LOSS for the american worker, but what do you care?

You prefer to protect profits, screw the american worker and then bitch about the high unemployment rates.

Ya, you got it all figured out.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ANOTHER EPIC FAIL to add to the 2012 election list goes to the knuckleheads at the University of Colorado professor who's models FOX NEWS, RUSH LIMBAUGH, SEAN HANNITY and every other RIGHT WING KOOK used for months as a guide to the election.

The Mitt Romney Electoral College Big Win Forecast That Fizzled

The right wing was bragging about this professors accuracy and even SOME on this board did the same as he predicted a HUGE ROMNEY win!

Of course, we know now that he was full of Baloney, like the rest of the right wing

EPIC FAIL!

island1fox

Yes. Facts which you on the right leave out (or simply don't know) when trying to compare the US to Greece.
bbsam,

Yeah . You are so correct --only you and TOS are the economy experts.

Give us your expert opinion on QE AND QE2--how printing of money does not de-value the dollar --why goods and services continue to rise in cost.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,

Yeah . You are so correct --only you and TOS are the economy experts.

Give us your expert opinion on QE AND QE2--how printing of money does not de-value the dollar --why goods and services continue to rise in cost.
hmmmm. Where do you get your made up numbers? Inflation is nearly nonexistent.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I happen to believe its easier for an electricity consumer to blame their rising bills on Obama since he stated his plan would cause this. Its all fine and dandy that you want to shut down coal fired plants to supposedly save the environment, but people still need electricity and it has got to come from somewhere. Unfortunatly we have yet to figure out how to run the world on unicorn farts and rainbows so until that happens coal is our best bet.
BRETT,
americans have to stop believing that 18th century technology is the future. Here in my city, we have 25 schools.. Its a big growing modern town outside of los angeles. Our congressman is a republican, and he came close to losing his seat this year because he opposes green technology.
In our town, the local officials made a decision to retrofit all the schools with SOLAR POWER PANELS. These panels would provide 20% of the electricity necessary to run the schools.. Thats 20% each! Do the math, how much power off the grid will that save?

Every school in the district had a retrofit of solar panels and that has provided over 3 years of JOBS! These panels double as car ports shading..

This is the future, not COAL. These solar panels will never give children cancer or asthma. Its an entirely new industry created by BARACK OBAMA.

This didnt exist 4 years ago. The solar industry is here to stay and american workers will benefit from this industry.

Peace

TOS

brett636

BRETT,
americans have to stop believing that 18th century technology is the future. Here in my city, we have 25 schools.. Its a big growing modern town outside of los angeles. Our congressman is a republican, and he came close to losing his seat this year because he opposes green technology.
In our town, the local officials made a decision to retrofit all the schools with SOLAR POWER PANELS. These panels would provide 20% of the electricity necessary to run the schools.. Thats 20% each! Do the math, how much power off the grid will that save?

Every school in the district had a retrofit of solar panels and that has provided over 3 years of JOBS! These panels double as car ports shading..

This is the future, not COAL. These solar panels will never give children cancer or asthma. Its an entirely new industry created by BARACK OBAMA.

This didnt exist 4 years ago. The solar industry is here to stay and american workers will benefit from this industry.

Peace

TOS

A couple of issues here. First off you live in California, where the sun shines a lot more often than it does in other areas of the country. Secondly, I am not against any sort of alternative energy source, but it has to be feasible. My best guess is those solar panels will never pay for themselves, and will need replaced before they produce enough electricity to cover the cost of installing them. My drive everyday takes me past a huge windfarm, one that I actually enjoy passing each night. They do look cool, but the electricity each windmill produces is still much more expensive per kilowatt hour than that produced at a coal plant, and again those windmills will wear out and need replaced long before they will pay for themselves. My problem with Obama's plan is that instead of working to make the alternatives cheaper, they are working to make the mainstream energy sources more expensive so the alternatives seem cheaper. This can only hurt people in the long haul not help, and the perceived environmental benefits are negligible.

Oh, and BTW, solar panels existed long before Barack Obama. I used to have a newspaper route in the early 90s when I was a kid and a customer of mine had solar panels on their house. They are nothing new, only they are just as big a waste of money today as they were then.

M

MenInBrown

BRETT,

Peace

TOS

We get our solar panels from China.

island1fox

Trying to be a good citizen I called various solar panel companies to look at my house and give me a bid.

The lowest bid I recieved was 27,000 dollars ---stipulating that if they damage my concrete tile roof --it was my problem -not theirs.
Payback on making this investment was laughable--not ready for prime time !!!

island1fox

Just a dopey comment on my avatar.

Our two cats are considered part of the family . The large male --14 pounds is Mr Mistophiles --his sister is a teeny five pounds --Lady Rumpleteasor.

They were named after two of the stars in the Broadway version of "CATS"

bluehdmc

A couple of issues here. First off you live in California, where the sun shines a lot more often than it does in other areas of the country. Secondly, I am not against any sort of alternative energy source, but it has to be feasible. My best guess is those solar panels will never pay for themselves, and will need replaced before they produce enough electricity to cover the cost of installing them. My drive everyday takes me past a huge windfarm, one that I actually enjoy passing each night. They do look cool, but the electricity each windmill produces is still much more expensive per kilowatt hour than that produced at a coal plant, and again those windmills will wear out and need replaced long before they will pay for themselves. My problem with Obama's plan is that instead of working to make the alternatives cheaper, they are working to make the mainstream energy sources more expensive so the alternatives seem cheaper. This can only hurt people in the long haul not help, and the perceived environmental benefits are negligible.

Oh, and BTW, solar panels existed long before Barack Obama. I used to have a newspaper route in the early 90s when I was a kid and a customer of mine had solar panels on their house. They are nothing new, only they are just as big a waste of money today as they were then.

If solar panels are such a "waste of money", why is UPS putting panels on buildings in North Jersey?
Also local to my area colleges, and high schools have solar panels in the parking lots, covering the parking lots?
Solar panels today are a lot more efficient than and I suppose the technology is different than 10 yrs ago. The one utility in my area has put 1 3x3ft panels on individual poles adding power to the grid
What's the balance of jobs created with solar energy vs jobs lost from coal plants closing down.

As far as losing jobs how many jobs have been replaced by computers, automated phone systems, containerized shipping?

When I was a kid the corner gas station was pretty much the norm, now with cars lasting at least 100K miles with few or no repairs, getting 20+ mpg, the corner gas station has gone the way of the pay phone, (try to find one of those that works!).

Sometimes these scenarios are called "progress".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just a dopey comment on my avatar.

Our two cats are considered part of the family . The large male --14 pounds is Mr Mistophiles --his sister is a teeny five pounds --Lady Rumpleteasor.

They were named after two of the stars in the Broadway version of "CATS"
Anyone with cats in their family can't be all bad :wink2: