EPIC FAIL, COLOSSAL FAIL & just plain FAIL in the 2012 Election!

wkmac

Let me see if I can break it down to third grade level for you MAC.... What I said and meant, was that in the last 4 years ALONE, the solar industry has privitized to the point where thousands of small solar companies are popping up. THAT segment of the industry didnt exist 4 years ago.

Yes, solar existed, but not at the commercial level that we are seeing now. There are thousands of companies operating today installing, selling and promoting solar products to consumers that did not exist just 3 years ago.

We all know solar existed before Obama, but The Obama administration has moved the country forward in accepting solar, just like they did convincing consumers to buy alternative energy vehicles.

The future is bright for the solar industry, and getting dark for the coal industry.

Its a tradeoff, but we have to move forward.

peace

TOS

I love 3rd grade level so here we go.

Remember when we bubbled something called housing and what happened there? Same thing with these tax credits. When the credits come to an end, what was built on a false market comes crashing down and then what? Besides, at one time there was this thing called oil and it was an infant technology so gov't helped it along and look where we are now as a result of that. One of the reasons we can't evolve beyond oil is because gov't got way to close and became married to it's own vested interests.

We may well be making the same tragic mistake with solar or even worse, the tax credits and subsidy ends and the entire bubbled industry collapses as it can't sustain outside the Obama created model. Even T. Boone Pickens massive wind farm model was only sustainable and doable it the gov't through subsidy and tax credits foot most of the bill. When gov't said no, Pickens unloaded his wind generators on Ebay!

I pointed out (and paraded the achievement) here back in the summer when on one weekend Germany generated over 1/3rd of it's power needs from solar but because sun conditions aren't the same every day, they were not able to sustain it. Promising yes but just not completely doable.

Personally I like solar, wind and micro-hydro over any form of fossil fuel or nuclear power generation (I hate fossil fuel and nuke generated centralized grid) but I'm not convinced that the approach of the gov't hand doesn't bring with it the invisible helping hand that really is the iron fist!

BrownArmy

h4x6oycj:iphone

Babagounj

Strength through joy
White House website deluged with secession petitions from 19 states
On Nov.7, the day after President Barack Obama was re-elected, the White House’s website received a petition asking the administration to allow Louisiana to secede.
If 25,000 people sign the petition by Dec. 7, it will “require a response” from the Obama administration, according to published rules of the White House’s online “We the People” program.
Other than Louisiana and Texas, states with secession-related petitions pending on the White House website now include Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Three states – Georgia, Missouri and South Carolina are each represented by two competing petitions.
Read more: White House website deluged with secession petitions from 19 states | The Daily Caller

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Barack Obama has created an industry where there was NONE. Entire school districts in california are going to solar power! This wasnt happening 4 years ago. This is what a president can do to regrow our manufacturing sector.

You should be thankful.

ACTUALLY, THE CHINESE SHOULD BE THANKFUL AS MOST SOLAR PANELS ARE MADE OUTSIDE THE USA.

Ever heard of Solyndra?
A little insight - Solyndra Bankruptcy Reveals Dark Clouds in Solar Power Industry - NYTimes.com

In the Golden State, the $3 billion California Solar Initiative has been winding down, with rebates for installing solar dropping or no longer available. The state Legislature just passed legislation requiring the state's three investor-owned utilities to collect another $200 million from ratepayers to fund the program.

UPS uses solar panels for the purpose of Public Relations in relation to the environment.
It does not save money or even break even - without government incentives.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, theres always room for another RIGHT WING maroon in the EPIC FAIL list!

Lets add former rocker, 1 hit wonder Ted Nugent to the list for his remarkable tweets after President Obama won re election..

Ted Nugent On Obama Election: 'Pimps Whores & Welfare Brats' Voted For 'Economic & Spiritual Suicide'

He mocks the "alledged" people who re elected Obama but leaves out the white trash like himself who he considers "the good americans".

Please, this child molesting freak is the spokeshole for the Right Wing? And then you wonder why you are losing elections??

EPIC FAIL.

peace

TOS

brett636

If solar panels are such a "waste of money", why is UPS putting panels on buildings in North Jersey?
Also local to my area colleges, and high schools have solar panels in the parking lots, covering the parking lots?
Solar panels today are a lot more efficient than and I suppose the technology is different than 10 yrs ago. The one utility in my area has put 1 3x3ft panels on individual poles adding power to the grid
What's the balance of jobs created with solar energy vs jobs lost from coal plants closing down.

As far as losing jobs how many jobs have been replaced by computers, automated phone systems, containerized shipping?

When I was a kid the corner gas station was pretty much the norm, now with cars lasting at least 100K miles with few or no repairs, getting 20+ mpg, the corner gas station has gone the way of the pay phone, (try to find one of those that works!).

Sometimes these scenarios are called "progress".

UPS is installing solar panels not because they will save the company money, but because they push forth the marketing agenda the company has set for itself. UPS has decided a green public image is the image it wants, and putting solar panels on a facility or two will help boost that "green" image. Just like when UPS caved on domestic partner benefits they did so not because it saved them money, but because it helped their image and nothing more.

I wish I could remember where I found it, but I was reading an article on the payback of solar panels. A company had installed a massive number of solar panels on their building out in California, and using the current electricity prices it would take 78 years for the solar panels to pay for themselves. The problem was that the panels were only good for 30 years at best, so even before they paid for half their installation cost they would need to be replaced. Another little fact is that a one square yard of solar paneling would have to be in the sun for 24 hours a day for 40 days to equal the energy in one gallon of gasoline. Doesn't paint a picture of efficiency or feasibility, but one of pipe dreams funded by wasteful spending. These "alternatives" have a long way to go before they can become our main source of energy, and you will only instill suffering on the populace at large by forcing these infantile technologies on us now.

island1fox

Election in a NUTshell :

Food stamps :

White 70% of total population --8% of the 70% on foodstamps

Black 12.4 % of total population ---38% of the 12% on foodstamps

Hispanic/Latin---16.4 % of total population----39% of the 16.4 % on foodstamps.Taxpayor money spent advertising food stamps on Hispanic/Latin networks.Including Mexico.

One of the biggest reasons the Black population has not significantly grown is Planned Parenthood pushing Abortions in Black communities.
Latin/Hispanic growth comes from open border + Latin Male lovers pumping out children -not supporting them . Sadly born into poverty !!:sad-little:

Throw into this equasion Women that insist the Government (we the people) must pay for their sexual act protection --so they can screw who they want ,when they want including the taxpayor.:happy-very:

SANTA OBAMA CLAUSE---kEEP THEM POOR AND NEEDY.

On top of this ---while ALL OF THE POLITICIANS were to blame for social engineering that caused the housing collapse--DECADES IN THE MAKING -- Obama (acorn) and Clinton( Glass /Steigel) Carter(CRA) put ALL THE BLAME ON BUSH.
The top wall sreet people that were guilty including Tim Geitner and Larry Sumners --worked for Obama administration ---and Holder's three year investigation ---surprisingly ended with NO CHARGES.

Throw in Gay Marriage ======= Romney had no chance.:peaceful:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Election in a NUTshell :

Food stamps :

White 70% of total population --8% of the 70% on foodstamps

Black 12.4 % of total population ---38% of the 12% on foodstamps

Hispanic/Latin---16.4 % of total population----39% of the 16.4 % on foodstamps.Taxpayor money spent advertising food stamps on Hispanic/Latin networks.Including Mexico.

One of the biggest reasons the Black population has not significantly grown is Planned Parenthood pushing Abortions in Black communities.
Latin/Hispanic growth comes from open border + Latin Male lovers pumping out children -not supporting them . Sadly born into poverty !!:sad-little:

Throw into this equasion Women that insist the Government (we the people) must pay for their sexual act protection --so they can screw who they want ,when they want including the taxpayor.:happy-very:

SANTA OBAMA CLAUSE---kEEP THEM POOR AND NEEDY.

On top of this ---while ALL OF THE POLITICIANS were to blame for social engineering that caused the housing collapse--DECADES IN THE MAKING -- Obama (acorn) and Clinton( Glass /Steigel) Carter(CRA) put ALL THE BLAME ON BUSH.
The top wall sreet people that were guilty including Tim Geitner and Larry Sumners --worked for Obama administration ---and Holder's three year investigation ---surprisingly ended with NO CHARGES.

Throw in Gay Marriage ======= Romney had no chance.:peaceful:

Still repeating the diatribe of Rush Limbaugh island? What are you? His last fan? LImbaugh is POISONING YOUR MIND bro.

Cmon man, have an intelligent argument, think for yourself, stop listening to that guy. Read, learn, think, get away from cable news.

Even the GOP is telling Right Wing Radio to SHUT THE HELL UP.

What are you missing?

Rush , Hannity and Levin have demonstrated that they are COMPLETELY irrelevant in todays elections, yet, you listen like a trained puppy.

Cmon. Break free and free your mind.

Peace

TOS

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Tooner

Get with the program.
I broke the sad news about food stamps in the jobs thread.

On second thought, this is not a bad thing.
Think about it.
If the gov would be more specific about the choices you can make in food, it would only serve to be a good thing considering the proplem with fat peope and the increase in metabolic disorders.

Metaboloc disorders just cause an excess amount of money to be spent in health care.

(omg, did i just make a think tank contribution to obamacare? i did minor in medical ethics - i could have a future making healthcare choices for you!!)

island1fox

Still repeating the diatribe of Rush Limbaugh island? What are you? His last fan? LImbaugh is POISONING YOUR MIND bro.

Cmon man, have an intelligent argument, think for yourself, stop listening to that guy. Read, learn, think, get away from cable news.

Even the GOP is telling Right Wing Radio to SHUT THE HELL UP.

What are you missing?

Rush , Hannity and Levin have demonstrated that they are COMPLETELY irrelevant in todays elections, yet, you listen like a trained puppy.

Cmon. Break free and free your mind.

Peace

TOS

TOS,

Not to get too personal. I am a realist and see this even within my own relatives---same as you.

You are working hard and setting the example for your children.

Way too many Latin/Hispanic/Black Men DO NOT. If they were living the viva loca and not harming the next generation--no problem.

People like you and others on the left put their heads in the Sand and deny the real problems----stop blaming fox or right wing talk when reality hits you in the face.

It is not fat Rush fathering 7.5 children out of ten to single moms and into poverty.
Until people like you and me --identify real problems and real solutions --generations will be lost.

My Latina neice --with a full scholarship to Univ of Miami --got pregnant --guy cut out --she is living on gov handouts--blaming everyone but herself.

Take off your blinders ---free your people --save the next generation--do not let the government enslave them!!!!!:sad-little:

Bad Gas!

The 2012 presidential election is over and President Barack Hussein Obama has won Re election hands down. Along the way, many things were said about the president in hopes of changing the country's opinion of the president. This thread is dedicated to the many failures of those who tried desperately to change the narrative of this president.

EPIC FAIL

A) Rush Limbaugh- for his consistent lies and distortions.. Showed he HURT the GOP more than helped it.

B) Sean Hannity- for his repetitious nonsense on the radio and for calling RYAN Mr Vice President on the air on election day.

C) Fox News- for its consistent attempts at making mountains out of molehills. (fast and furious, bengazi, the budget, golfing, birth certificates, associations with terrorists)

D) All the right wing radio talk show pundits who repeated the RNC talking points to no avail.

E) KARL ROVE- who predicted a Romney Blowout saying that Romney would get 365 electoral votes in his victory! HAHAHAHAHAHA

friend) Crossroads GPS- who took over a BILLION dollars from the GOP voters and gave it to Karl Rove to spend in a losing campaign.

G) Citizens United- who spent BILLIONS of dollars and made this the most expensive election in history only to lose BIG.

COLOSSAL FAIL

A) Stewart Varney- for his daily OBAMA bashing for 2 hours on what is suppose to be a business channel for the stock market.

B) Charles Payne- for his daily OBAMA bashing as a guest on Stewart Varneys program.

C) ALL OF Sterwart Varneys guests who came on an OBAMA BASHED when they were suppose to be talking about stocks and markets.

D) BILL HEMMER and MARTHA McCallum- for spending 2 hours every morning interviewing the SAME guests all year who just OBAMA BASHED and called it news.

E) Megyn Kelly- for her spending 2 hours OBAMA bashing and predicting a ROMNEY win in 2012

friend) All the FOX NEWS pundits- who came on as guests on all the FOX lineup to predict a ROMNEY BLOWOUT.

G) The 4 members of THE FIVE- who predicted a BLOWOUT for ROMNEY and made fun of BOB BECKEL for predicting an OBAMA re election. Looks like BECKEL is the only one with a brain on that show.

FAIL

A) Caharrell
B) Moreluck
C) Toonertoo
D) AV8
E) Hoaxster
friend) Brett
G) over9five
H) BABA
I) Lifer
J) Texan- shalom
K) Brownbuddy

Its been a great year of debates and name calling. "We" may have been the minority on this board, but we clearly still represent the majority of the country.

You all had your positions on this race, and I argued with you for believing the nonsense coming out of FOX and such, but you rejected the "other side" of issues. Hopefully, you all understand how wrong you had it with this election and know that the people of america dont all listen to the funnels of garbage spread by the right wing.

As I said before, if the GOP lost this race, the Republican party will be dead as you know it. Its time for them to change, compromise, drop issues that will prevent them from ever winning the white house again, and that all starts with you people.

This is a progressive nation and I am a progressive voter. I understand that accepting change will be in this countrys best interest.

If not, and you hang on to bengazi, fast and furious, solyndra, anti gay, anti immigrant, anti black, anti union and every other issue that didnt help in this election, then you are also doomed to fail in the future.

Congrats to President Obama for his impressive re election victory in 2012!

With that, my work here is done !

Peace

TOS

The Wrong Side(All your news comes from the MSNBC cronies)...read my lips...STPU!