How do you sneak your phone into hub?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Learn your center managers first and last name then as you're walking in pretend to be talking to him on the phone. If the guard guy stops you just say you're talking to (insert center managers name) and you are a super important person.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Where are phones not allowed to be brought in? Even when I was part-time, we were allowed to have them. Just had to have a charge on the way out so the guards could check that it’s got a network connection and not a stolen phone.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The security booth hands out little stickers?
And most every driver uses a phone to call the center rather than the diad. I would advise against it but eh.

polyp

Where are phones not allowed to be brought in? Even when I was part-time, we were allowed to have them. Just had to have a charge on the way out so the guards could check that it’s got a network connection and not a stolen phone.

They were prohibited here for five years or so. They gave in a year and a half back when staffing got ultra desperate in the hub.

Package Stick

"Send it."
They were prohibited here for five years or so. They gave in a year and a half back when staffing got ultra desperate in the hub.
We got guys on tugs checking their phones lmao. They tell them to "stop doing that". No one has been disciplined for say, not even a "warning letter".

Our Center Manager walks around watching sports haha. When he's not doing that he's yelling at PT sups. Our Hub is a meme.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
If I remember right in the Metro Detroit local 243 contract full timers have the right to bring a phone in and part timers do not. The company does not enforce that provision here. They had us put stickers on a few years ago when there was a rash of phones being stolen from packages. The IAM 698 contract does not address phones at all.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Any mechanics in here from a facility where phones are not allowed in? Curious what those guys would do for road calls, road tests etc ..

Hell I use mine all the time for wiring diagrams and other work related stuff

542thruNthru

If I remember right in the Metro Detroit local 243 contract full timers have the right to bring a phone in and part timers do not. The company does not enforce that provision here. They had us put stickers on a few years ago when there was a rash of phones being stolen from packages. The IAM 698 contract does not address phones at all.

Holy :censored2: I didn't think that could be true but I was wrong.
Screenshot_20191004-225654_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That's ridiculous. I can't understand why the union would allow that in the contract.

Though reading Article 10 it seems like that place has a lot of problems.

Hot Carl

How do PTers even afford a cellphone?
The 2nd job usually covers the rest.

Never heard a single word said about cell phones inside. All PTers have them, even use them while the belts are moving and no one from management could be bothered to give a damn as long as it all gets on the truck.