How do you stay warm

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Today I wore my 20 below thermals from Cabellas (fleece like) with just my ups shirt & our lightweight (rain) jacket. I wore North Face gloves (sucks for the diad V) and the ups hat with the built in ear muffs. Only part of me that was cold was my face and occasionally my fingers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Under Armor= synthetic wicking polymer polypropyline. Pantyhose = synthetic wicking polymer nylon. Almost same thing. It IS the same thing for many supervisors.

SubPop79

Thank you, OP. I was going to make a very similar thread with the exceptions being that I a cold or upper respiratory infection and I am in Virginia.

Anyone got any tips for a truck loader on how to prevent pneumonia when you are already sick and have to work in temps 10 degrees Fahrenheit and under? I just got back from a week long vacation so I don't think it would be a good idea to not go to work Tuesday...

oldngray

nowhere special
michelin-man.jpg

A

anonymous6

science has shown that you lose 5 times more heat thru your hands than your head so keep both covered. mittens are better than finger gloves.

rod

Retired 22 years
I either dress for it if I'm going out or if I'm home I walk over to the thermostat and crank it up a few degrees. If I could get the wife to cut and split wood I would burn it but the wife isn't motivated enough to do that.

40andOut

Sorel glacier boots rated to -100 friend. You can find them on sale for under $100 in the spring. My feet never feel cold even at -50 friend. At least 3-4 layers top and bottom. Face mask, scarf, hat, Thinsulate lined choppers work well with the DIAD if you get them extra big. I like to never feel the cold.