How do you take a lunch?

Jackie Powers

in our center we have to take a full hour lunch, I just finished my 30 days and have gotten in trouble a few times for not taking a full hour. Its hard to make the numbers look great without doing that though

Holydriver

I agree with that and realize I didn't really clarify what I was asking. When can you get in trouble for taking a lunch instead of working? What happens if I miss a business that they have scheduled at the bottom of my odo, because I took a lunch. If I just miss a business at all instead of working through lunch and hitting them all?
i think the contract says lunch between hours 4-6 of the work day. however, it also says that a lunch cant get in the way of satisfying business and air stops. so, i personally take my lunch after all work is complete. i drive half way back to the building so that i wont be told to help anyone and take lunch. depending on my travel path and my mood, ill usually go to the gym or to my house. its not a bad feeling to work out and get paid for it.

Holydriver

It's what I don't get either about them saying I have to take an hour lunch. In my 25 days of driving I have only been able to get a full hour 2-3 times. Sure as hell not going to compromise my pickups just hanging out... How can you even relax knowing you have just made it that much harder to hit every stop?

My mentor says after I pass my 30, take the full hour to hell with what's left in the truck. I have been playing it super safe not taking lunch until my truck is empty that way there's no need to interweave deliveries in with pickups.
the idea is simple. take a lunch. if you dont take a lunch you still have to charge it. thus, you are giving UPS a free hour of labor. the key is simple, find something you want to do and need to do and do it while on lunch. because if you got to do something you know youre going to have to wait until the weekend otherwise

Faceplanted

We have a few guys who give half an hour to their full hour away every day just to please management. I did the math to one of them assuming he only gave them 30 min every day

2.5 hours of ot every week even at 18hr. Over 300 a month your giving ups. That's a decent car payment on something nice. But hey to each their own

If any of u lunch skippers enjoy working for free so much I have some yard work I can use getting down. Willing to pay you a six pack which is more than ups gives u for the free work u do.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
the idea is simple. take a lunch. if you dont take a lunch you still have to charge it. thus, you are giving UPS a free hour of labor. the key is simple, find something you want to do and need to do and do it while on lunch. because if you got to do something you know youre going to have to wait until the weekend otherwise
If you don't put it in the DIAD you aren't giving anything for free.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It depends. Some locals you are required to take a lunch and that time will be taken out of your paid day whether you enter a lunch or not.
I can't imagine that is legal. Here what you put in is what you get. Though if you want to take less than the break you have the right to take we ask you to sign a waiver. It's basically to say you are making the decision to do it, and we aren't coercing you into it. You still have to do 10 minutes unpaid, on top of your 20 min paid break.

margaritaville

Is this lunch thing a new fad of the month? Was told we need to take a lunch now. Before no one seemed to care. I generally take my lunch anyways but sometimes if its really :censored2:ty day or i wanna try to come home i don't.

Geo926

Is this lunch thing a new fad of the month? Was told we need to take a lunch now. Before no one seemed to care. I generally take my lunch anyways but sometimes if its really :censored2:ty day or i wanna try to come home i don't.

In our center the lunch topic is brought up almost daily. You MUST take your hour lunch everyday and no recorded stops during lunch. Union is really shoving it down the company's throat.