How do you think this will affect current UPS negotiations?

F

Frankie's Friend

LOL
Saw that last winter on my route.
Plow guy got stuck, then tow truck saving plow guy got stuck !!!!
2nd tow truck stayed 100 feet away to crank them out HAHAHAHA
Over 2+ decades of driving c ommercially
I have never had to have the company call a tow truck.
I drive 120+ miles in the country now.
And as it pertains to respecting the general public i take the path of least resistance.
Make eye contact by tapping the horn and if they wont correct their behavior i find an alternate way to continue.
We werent taught to be rude at work or off the clock while driving or conversing.
Then again, im not from NY.

And as it pertains to respecting the general public i take the path of least resistance.
Make eye contact by tapping the horn and if they wont correct their behavior i find an alternate way to continue.
We werent taught to be rude at work or off the clock while driving or conversing.
120 miles? That’s only half country. You’re a little bit country and a little bit rock n roll.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

One time here.
Icy weather, delivering residential.
One delivery on street, backed tires onto the top of the driveway.
Just enough of a glaze and driveway angle to get stuck.
Tight dead end street had no cul-de-sac, I had no choice.
Embarrassing, LOL

OrionsBitch

Not...
You must be @Dragon 's brother?
"Everyday"? Get real dude.
UPS has 112k package cars in the road EVERYDAY. Pretty much every PCM we hear of some accident within our district. But you think it's unreasonable to think there isn't at least one accident everyday? GET REAL DUUUUUDDDEEEEEE!

Edit: UPS Truck Accident Statistics | Fried Rogers Goldberg

2k crashes in 2 years. That's well above one crash per day......that also is vehicle to vehicle accidents. Doesn't include things like backing into someones mail box.

PT Car Washer

UPS has 112k package cars in the road EVERYDAY. Pretty much every PCM we hear of some accident within our district. But you think it's unreasonable to think there isn't at least one accident everyday? GET REAL DUUUUUDDDEEEEEE!

2k crashes in 2 years. That's well above one crash per day......that also is vehicle to vehicle accidents. Doesn't include things like backing into someones mail box.
When you consider that UPS drivers go out in all kinds of weather and expected to perform to the same standards and no taking a break because of heavy rain or ice or snow and driving a bunch of dinosaur trucks, UPS drivers perform exceptionally well. I know I can't wait to retire so I can just stay home when the weather turns bad.

F

Frankie's Friend

Not all are avoidable dude. We hear of them as well. Once every 6-8 wks on average. Less than half of them are deemed avoidable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you consider that UPS drivers go out in all kinds of weather and expected to perform to the same standards and no taking a break because of heavy rain or ice or snow and driving a bunch of dinosaur trucks, UPS drivers perform exceptionally well. I know I can't wait to retire so I can just stay home when the weather turns bad.

It will be so nice to wake up, look outside the window at the freshly fallen foot of snow, roll over and go back to sleep.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Did you notice how we stack up against the national averages?

This asserts the notion that we are excelling in an extremely physically demanding job, that requires discipline, patience, and fortitude, in one of the most dangerous work environments there is....

....reinforcing the notion that we deserve a solid, concession--free contract from a company that is at the top of their game.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Did you notice how we stack up against the national averages?

This asserts the notion that we are excelling in an extremely physically demanding job, that requires discipline, patience, and fortitude, in one of the most dangerous work environments there is....

....reinforcing the notion that we deserve a solid, concession--free contract from a company that is at the top of their game.
I say it is time to roll back some previous concessions.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It will be so nice to wake up, look outside the window at the freshly fallen foot of snow, roll over and go back to sleep.
I figured as much time as you gave the company while you were employed, when you retired, you would meet the new driver at his first bulk stop in the AM, line his car out, give him special instructions, and take a few stops and drop them off on your way back home in your personal car.
As much as you have been ''bending over'', I don't know how you can just ''roll over''.

F

Frankie's Friend

I figured as much time as you gave the company while you were employed, when you retired, you would meet the new driver at his first bulk stop in the AM, line his car out, give him special instructions, and take a few stops and drop them off on your way back home in your personal car.
As much as you have been ''bending over'', I don't know how you can just ''roll over''.
Easy enough for him when the rest of your bed is unoccupied.

cryssyx3

No thanks. I was in Pittsburgh on streets with cars parked on both sides of the side streets and I still can’t figure out how you would deliver there

which part of the city, if I may ask? live in squirrel hill myself. like you said, the streets are so tight around here it's unreal. on my street, there's one section that's no parking on one side and there's always a couple idiots that park there and it's impossible for 2 cars to get by, or for people to walk on the sidewalk.

through that section I've seen UPS just stop in the street and deliver. people just have to wait... not HOA fault there's no where else to go.