How do you think this will affect current UPS negotiations?

john chesney

You're out of your mind.

That car had a human driver supervising it, who didn't react to the woman either.

Apparently she was walking on the dark median of the highway in dark clothing and suddenly walked out in front of the Uber car with her bicycle.

This had nothing to do with faulty automation, it was just a tragedy. Automated or not, physics still apply - you can't bring a car from 35 mph to a stop in 10 feet.
I watched the video and anyone that walks right in front of a car carrying a bike at night in dark clothes deserves to get run over

Anyone who has ever had a country or rural route knows right away which driveways are OK and which ones they need to stay out of.
I have done many country routes, but I would have no idea about any driveways in your center. I would just have to take 1 driveway at a time. If I screw up, we’ll just have to call the wrecker.

john chesney

Not sure if deserves is the right word but they have no one to blame but themselves.
Probably not the right word but when I grew up my mom and dad taught me how to cross a street. I guess parents don’t teach this now so I have taken it upon myself to do some extra parenting. When someone walks in front of my moving car I stop gently roll down the window and say didn’t your parents teach you not to walk in front of a mother :censored2:ing moving car.

john chesney

Probably not the right word but when I grew up my mom and dad taught me how to cross a street. I guess parents don’t teach this now so I have taken it upon myself to do some extra parenting. When someone walks in front of my moving car I stop gently roll down the window and say didn’t your parents teach you not to walk in front of a mother :censored2:ing moving car.
I have to do this in Pittsburgh and Cleveland a lot

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I “politely” told a kid riding his skateboard to get out of the road yesterday.

john chesney

There are some places a wrecker will not go.
Pulled to the side of the road and sunk along time ago. Truck was leaning so far I thought it was going to tip. Tow truck driver says if it does we’ll just pull it off it’s side after it tips. I guess he didn’t understand Ups frowns on trucks laying on their sides

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All knowing arm chair quarterback.

Actually that is a catch phrase in our center.

I have had more than my fair shares of pullouts and/or tows over the years. Looking back, the vast majority could have been avoided had I taken a moment to ask myself if I really needed to go in that driveway or down that road.

john chesney

Actually that is a catch phrase in our center.

I have had more than my fair shares of pullouts and/or tows over the years. Looking back, the vast majority could have been avoided had I taken a moment to ask myself if I really needed to go in that driveway or down that road.
Ya but remember back in the day there was no such thing as an emergency condition