How does UPS feel about tattoos??

iam starting my two weeks of trainning on the 11th
and iam going to keep my arms covered..i dont know
if it will hurt my chances if i wear short sleeves..i ordered
all long sleeve shirts..anyone know if it's ok ?

Thanx:cool:

trickpony1

I saw a pkg driver just this afternoon that had his brown shorts on and a long sleeve shirt. Obviously for the reason you are concerned about.

It's not a secret about having to cover tattoo's. It might benefit you, as well as impress your instructors, if you were to wear a long sleeve shirt......they will know why.

good luck

rngri4

iam starting my two weeks of trainning on the 11th
and iam going to keep my arms covered..i dont know
if it will hurt my chances if i wear short sleeves..i ordered
all long sleeve shirts..anyone know if it's ok ?

Thanx:cool:

I don't know where you are, but here where I am tattoo's are not issue, many people have them on their legs etc, and make no attempt to cover them up. If I need to slip out from behind my desk and shuttle or something, I make no attempt to cover them up. One of our union stewards has about 8 on her legs, they are covered pretty much, and no one has ever said a thing, but I am sure it is different elsewhere.

A

A Cowboy

I have a tattoo of Mike Eskew kissing Fred W. Smith is that something I should cover Up?

xkingx

some division and center managers like to harass you about them..others dont...im sure they already know you have tats..most managers find out info on the drivers that are coming to their center...

rod

Retired 22 years
just dont show them the B you have tatooed on both butt cheeks so when you bend over it says BOB

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a tattoo of Mike Eskew kissing Fred W. Smith is that something I should cover Up?

That one will be fine............

Ups feels you should not have them, keep them covered til you are in, then let them fly as long as not offensive, to anyone, which will be hard.
Depends on the mgmt, some dont care, others make the guys wear socks to their genitals to cover them if necessary. We had one driver who had a tribal insignia, and had to wear his sock to his knee to cover it.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I saw a pkg driver just this afternoon that had his brown shorts on and a long sleeve shirt. Obviously for the reason you are concerned about.

It's not a secret about having to cover tattoo's. It might benefit you, as well as impress your instructors, if you were to wear a long sleeve shirt......they will know why.

good luck
exactly my thoughts. :thumbup1:

Browngoneblue

I say: show off that ink, it might build business and you could get paid a sales lead. I am sure the suit that will be telling you what do has a few on the canvas, too. If your concerned get past the probation period then show off the colors!

evilleace

I say: show off that ink, it might build business and you could get paid a sales lead. I am sure the suit that will be telling you what do has a few on the canvas, too. If your concerned get past the probation period then show off the colors!
x

How come you decided to bump a almost 3 yr old thread just to tell this guy what to do with his tattoos its been 3 years I am sure he knows what to do by now.