How Hatred Came To Dominate American Politics

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Right wingers showed up armed to Michigan’s capitol and a group subsequently hatched a plot to kidnap the Governor and overthrow the government.
I guess you didn't see the video? The governor is playing the people. We know know is wasn't a right wing group and we know that it was the President task force that captured these clowns.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Truman who sent troops to Korea to fight communist, Jack Kennedy who okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion to overthrow Castro, LBJ who sent a half million troops to fight communism in Vietnam are all communist? Your theory seems to have a few wholes in it.
History ... just like the KKK members being Democrats and the Democrats fighting to maintain slavery.

All of your examples and my examples occurred before the switch of Southern Democrats to the Republican Party.

If your examples are representative of today's Democrats then mine are as well.

Poop Head

Judge me.
History ... just like the KKK members being Democrats and the Democrats fighting to maintain slavery.

All of your examples and my examples occurred before the switch of Southern Democrats to the Republican Party.

You rat bastid

MAKAVELI

Notice no mention of them as right wing extremists.
They are a spin-off of the boogalou movement. Sorry to bust your bubble.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
"Boogaloo movement." Lol.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
As you mentioned ... they left the boogalou movement (whatever they are) because they had different beliefs.
That's why splinter or spin-offs occur ... they don't agree with the 'group' from which they splintered or spin-off!

MAKAVELI

As you mentioned ... they left the boogalou movement (whatever they are) because they had different beliefs.
That's why splinter or spin-offs occur ... they don't agree with the 'group' from which they splintered or spin-off!
Looks like they were a little too violent even for the boogalou bois.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Boogaloo movement
Nothing wrong with the below 'Beliefs'.
Not my thing and I also don't belong to groups ... groups do stupid s:censored2:t at times.
I only view guns as a self-defense tool.

My take on Boogaloo is they are comparable to Antifa and the BLM organization (not the BLM movement).

Beliefs and structure
Groups in the boogaloo movement are far-right, anti-government, and pro-gun. The movement has also been described as a militia, and Lois Beckett, writing for The Guardian, has compared it to the right-wing anti-government militia and patriot movements of the 1990s and 2000s, stating that "supporters see the current federal government as illegitimate, while remaining deeply patriotic.
They revere the constitution and see themselves as the true descendants of America's founding fathers.
In their view, current US lawmakers are the equivalent of occupying British forces during the revolutionary war. Among the 'boogaloo' merchandise for sale online are images of George Washington armed with a modern, AR-15-style rifle".
Mark Pitcavage, a researcher at the Center on Extremism of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), has identified the boogaloo movement's contempt for law enforcement as the element that most strongly distinguishes them from other militia groups.
Support for "unfettered gun rights" and "fierce opposition to most or all gun control" are central to the boogaloo movement, and adherents use the term boogaloo to refer to violent insurrection against the federal government or left-wing political opponents, often anticipated to follow government confiscation of firearms.

groups.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Truman who sent troops to Korea to fight communist, Jack Kennedy who okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion to overthrow Castro, LBJ who sent a half million troops to fight communism in Vietnam are all communist? Your theory seems to have a few wholes in it.
Times change
Care to elaborate?
I already did. See below.

The times they are a-changin'.

More relevant today than your historical examples.

Delaware’s Democrat governor in 2019 pardoned defendant in Michigan kidnap plot

Delaware Gov. John Carney, an ally of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, confirmed Friday that last year he pardoned one of the men charged this week by federal prosecutors in a violent plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
Imagine that they gave the right winger another chance at freedom, he failed. Trump has pardoned 25 criminals. Federal inmates have been freed because Trump introduced a virus to America.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
‘White Supremacist’ Suspect In Michigan Kidnapping Plot Is Actually A Trump-Hating Anarchist

A new video of one of the 13 men arrested and charged in an alleged kidnapping plot against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer shows the suspect is a Trump-hating anarchist despite media claims the plot was hatched by pro-Trump white supremacists.

“You know Trump is not your friend, dude,” said Brandon Caserta, with a large anarchist flag hanging on his wall behind him. “And it amazes me that people actually, like, believe that. When he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”

Sportello

‘White Supremacist’ Suspect In Michigan Kidnapping Plot Is Actually A Trump-Hating Anarchist

A new video of one of the 13 men arrested and charged in an alleged kidnapping plot against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer shows the suspect is a Trump-hating anarchist despite media claims the plot was hatched by pro-Trump white supremacists.

“You know Trump is not your friend, dude,” said Brandon Caserta, with a large anarchist flag hanging on his wall behind him. “And it amazes me that people actually, like, believe that. When he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”
I guess you've never spent much time in rural MI. These anti government types may be anarchists, if they knew what that meant, but they certainly aren't antifa, or left wing.

Libertarians are so weird.