How is DRA working at your station?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What if you are directed to help?

Here's what you and the rest need to keep in mind. This is a company that has ZERO loyalty to you. All you are is an employee number out there delivering x amount of packages on some engineer's spreadsheet. You owe them nothing but the most minimal effort. Helping a fellow employee is "above and beyond", especially when doing so will actually damage your own SPH. This is the idiocy of Express at work. You are penalized for doing what should be the "right thing".

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I sat in on a courier class earlier this year, and know for a fact that in my district they don't teach delivery methods in class anymore. That being said, at my station, we have a somewhat new courier, about 7 months, who before yesterday had only done PM routes, DRA routes and helped other routes with deliveries. Yesterday he was put on a killer route to run with no DRA. He has had absolutely NO training on setting up a route or how to run a route. He went over 12 hours, had massive lates and brought back over 60 attempted but not delivered packages! His manager says to him, "I hate that you are out on the road with no real training, but there's nothing I can do about it. We're too short handed. I need you to sign a few things." WTF?!?! I told him to sign NOTHING!!

It turns out that this courier was tricked into signing SIX OLCC's in two days. He thought signing an OLCC involved signing his name on a piece of paper, which he refused to do. His manager told him he had to sign into computer to acknowledge that he saw them. We are trying to educate him. After working here less than a year, he is already disenchanted and looking for another job, after thinking FedEx was the best thing since sliced bread.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It turns out that this courier was tricked into signing SIX OLCC's in two days. He thought signing an OLCC involved signing his name on a piece of paper, which he refused to do. His manager told him he had to sign into computer to acknowledge that he saw them. We are trying to educate him. After working here less than a year, he is already disenchanted and looking for another job, after thinking FedEx was the best thing since sliced bread.

Hey, isn't that nice? And how typical to take total advantage of a new employee and pass the buck for management's screw-ups.