How is the Inside Building Rate determined for a Full Time package car driver

I am in a somewhat unique situation, I am a full time package car driver making top scale. My license is currently revoked b/c of a DUI.After a local level hearing (failed)a panel level grievance hearings, it was agreed upon that I would be able to work the preload and local sort to get my guaranteed 8 hrs./ day until I get my license back. I am supposed to get my "inside building rate" while doing this work. How is the inside building rate determined?I have almost 15 yrs of service, Part Time Seniority Date is September 2005 , Full Time Seniority is November 2010. I ve been back for 13 weeks, and my hourly pay rate has been different every week, $14.18/hr to $39.42 / hr. It makes no sense to me or anyone else. From local 710 thanks

Trailer monkey

I am in a somewhat unique situation, I am a full time package car driver making top scale. My license is currently revoked b/c of a DUI.After a local level hearing (failed)a panel level grievance hearings, it was agreed upon that I would be able to work the preload and local sort to get my guaranteed 8 hrs./ day until I get my license back. I am supposed to get my "inside building rate" while doing this work. How is the inside building rate determined?I have almost 15 yrs of service, Part Time Seniority Date is September 2005 , Full Time Seniority is November 2010. I ve been back for 13 weeks, and my hourly pay rate has been different every week, $14.18/hr to $39.42 / hr. It makes no sense to me or anyone else. From local 710 thanks
It should be either the rate you would be making had you never gone friend/T or the friend/T inside scale

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
sounds like they dont know if your a full time or part time worker, somebody is not classifying you right

542thruNthru

If it was agreed upon at panel that you should be getting paid your inside building rate then I'd say you should be paid the appropriate part-time rate of pay in accordance with their seniority.

Call your local and speak to your BA. He/She should have all the details from panel.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If it was agreed upon at panel that you should be getting paid your inside building rate then I'd say you should be paid the appropriate part-time rate of pay in accordance with their seniority.

Call your local and speak to your BA. He/She should have all the details from panel.

It's my local. OP is screwed.

At my building drivers who lose their license due to a drunk driving charge are rewarded by being given a Porter job until they get their license back. A job that normally takes 35+ years of seniority to win.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I didn't know 710 had any inside the building jobs.
You are lucky.
You should be getting the rate for the job classification you are performing. I would say inside full time 22.3

Poop Head

Judge me.
How long till you can drive again?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I realize you guys have your own contract, and I'm too lazy to look at your language. This is what the National Master says. Maybe your's has similar language:

"Article 16
Section 3.3 Alternative Work (Alcohol/Controlled Substance)
When an employee, in any job classifcation requiring driving, has lost his/her license for driving under the infuence of alcohol or a controlled substance he/she will be offered available inside work of one (1) full-time or two (2) part-time openings, not to exceed two
(2) years provided that the employee is assessed by a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and is released to return to work by the SAP. The SAP shall establish the terms upon which the employee may return to work. The employee must also enter a rehabilitation program, if required by the SAP, within one (1) month of the SAP’s assessment. The employee shall be returned to driving once he/she successfully completes the rehabilitation program, provided his/her driving privileges have been restored. The employee shall receive the appropriate rate of pay for the job performed based on his/her seniority. Coverage for benefts shall continue for the length of the leave of absence or for the job duration, up to two (2) years.
Any driver cited for Driving Under the Infuence who does not have his/her license suspended, or who has limited driving privileges, shall be assessed by a SAP within fve (5) working days of the cita- tion. If the SAP determines the driver does not require rehabilita- tion, then he/she shall be allowed to return to driving. Until the as- sessment is completed, the driver shall be allowed to work at his hourly wage and guarantee. If rehabilitation is required, the above paragraph shall also be applicable. The right to rehabilitation pro- vided in Article 35, Section 4.11 shall not be applicable to a driver who completes a rehabilitation program under this paragraph, un- less, as a result of the DUI citation, the driver is convicted or loses his/her license for driving.
This Section does not apply to the employee that has lost his/her license for being disqualifed for testing positive for controlled sub- stances."

542thruNthru

I realize you guys have your own contract, and I'm too lazy to look at your language. This is what the National Master says. Maybe your's has similar language:

"Article 16
Section 3.3 Alternative Work (Alcohol/Controlled Substance)
When an employee, in any job classifcation requiring driving, has lost his/her license for driving under the infuence of alcohol or a controlled substance he/she will be offered available inside work of one (1) full-time or two (2) part-time openings, not to exceed two
(2) years provided that the employee is assessed by a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and is released to return to work by the SAP. The SAP shall establish the terms upon which the employee may return to work. The employee must also enter a rehabilitation program, if required by the SAP, within one (1) month of the SAP’s assessment. The employee shall be returned to driving once he/she successfully completes the rehabilitation program, provided his/her driving privileges have been restored. The employee shall receive the appropriate rate of pay for the job performed based on his/her seniority. Coverage for benefts shall continue for the length of the leave of absence or for the job duration, up to two (2) years.
Any driver cited for Driving Under the Infuence who does not have his/her license suspended, or who has limited driving privileges, shall be assessed by a SAP within fve (5) working days of the cita- tion. If the SAP determines the driver does not require rehabilita- tion, then he/she shall be allowed to return to driving. Until the as- sessment is completed, the driver shall be allowed to work at his hourly wage and guarantee. If rehabilitation is required, the above paragraph shall also be applicable. The right to rehabilitation pro- vided in Article 35, Section 4.11 shall not be applicable to a driver who completes a rehabilitation program under this paragraph, un- less, as a result of the DUI citation, the driver is convicted or loses his/her license for driving.
This Section does not apply to the employee that has lost his/her license for being disqualifed for testing positive for controlled sub- stances."

Well done. Though was he assessed by a SAP professional? He needs to contact his BA. This all was decided at panel.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well done. Though was he assessed by a SAP professional? He needs to contact his BA. This all was decided at panel.

They might not have that requirement, if they have that language at all. The question he really had was about his pay rate. Sounds like they were over paying him sometimes, unless he was doing a job that would pay $39 at his seniority level.
@Brett W Foley what jobs have you been doing? And do any of them have a pay scale that would account for the difference? If not, you may want to inform UPS of the overpayment so they don't come after you for it later.

542thruNthru

They might not have that requirement, if they have that language at all. The question he really had was about his pay rate. Sounds like they were over paying him sometimes, unless he was doing a job that would pay $39 at his seniority level.
@Brett W Foley what jobs have you been doing? And do any of them have a pay scale that would account for the difference? If not, you may want to inform UPS of the overpayment so they don't come after you for it later.

I personally don't know any position inside the building that pays $39 a hour.