How is the weather in your area today?

ibleedbrown

It's 99 degrees in the chicagoland area! It will be an adventure and a challenge at work on the primary sort tonight!! I'm on vacation next week and u better believe ill be having some adult refreshments when this week is over! In the mean time stay hydrated everyone!

kingOFchester

To quote Adrian Cronauer from Good Morning Vietnam: The weather out there today is hot and :censored2:ty with continued hot and :censored2:ty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy weather with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's "BUTT" in a wagon rut.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

In the midwest here and one of the banks on my route had 104 as the temp today. Thankfully we can wear shorts and the shirt jacks help when you don't have to tuck them in.

I am still in pretty decent shape and the heat doesn't bother me much. The worst part for me is the gravel roads. If I have been sweating at all the dust sticks to me and my clothes and I look like I have been rolling in the dirt all day.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
wind was coming off of the ocean today, small craft warnings are out, the temp may have been in the 90's but that wind over the cool ocean water made it feel like the 60's

ibleedbrown

you guys will never believe this one!!! it was a great day even @ 99 degrees! our building gave us ice cold bottled water and they even brought a fully air conditioned trailer for people to chill in at break or to go into if we started feeling too hot. wow it seems the evil empire has a heart after all!!

Scuderia

East and central states just get no breaks. First it's horrible winter storms, and now a massive heatwave. Of course global warming has nothing to do with more severe weather.

Thebrownstreak

It was 95 today here. The thermometer on my phone said 116 in the back of the truck. Brought 2 shirts. When one was soaked I'd change it. By the time I was ready for the new one the other was dry.

Converge

you guys will never believe this one!!! it was a great day even @ 99 degrees! our building gave us ice cold bottled water and they even brought a fully air conditioned trailer for people to chill in at break or to go into if we started feeling too hot. wow it seems the evil empire has a heart after all!!

really!? they should be doing that everywhere. Here in Jersey it was probably almost low 90's for the past week and supposed to be around the 100's until sunday. I can definitely say this heat is starting to take its toll on me now loading in these trailers. :/

ibleedbrown

Yeah they should! In all fairness I think they did because the humidity factor put us over 100 degrees. They will have the air conditioned trailer there the remainder of the week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Finally a nice day here (not 95 and humid). It was 65 degrees at 5:30 this morning so I went for a boat ride on the river to watch the sun come up and drown a few worms. Actually wore long pants and a sweatshirt. Fish weren't biting. Back home by 8:30 - wife wasn't out of bed yet so I took the motorcycle to town for breakfast. Back home by 10:00 --wife still sleeping--- so back to town on the motorcycle for a workout at the YMCW. Back home by 11:30 and the wife was gone to her mothers. Its now nap time. So far its been a great day.