How lazy can you get

ManInBrown

Different strokes for different folks

I walk off everything under a half mile to front door, as long as I know the customer doesn't have a loose dog

Probably a runner gunner would be my guess

Turdferguson

Just a turd
As a retired UPS driver of over 30 yrs, I never backed that vehicle unless there was no alternative. Those who have posted snide remarks are usually the first to cry out about safety concerns. Just be honest about it. The guy has no regard for safety concerns and is just plain lazy. My neighbor has 3 young girls that could run out to his vehicle while he is backing. I don't know what this guy is thinking.

Did you have Orion before you retired?
The snide remarks come with the thread title

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Most old school drivers like myself had to run their areas as efficient as possible without Orion. As for the thread title, I saw what I saw. A driver too lazy to walk up the driveway.
So you didn't run with Orion. Diffrent company than it was back then. You didn't have telematics hooked to your car where some shmooe could sit at a desk and pick every move you made apart. You weren't timed by a computer on how many seconds you bulkhead was open before it was closed, how many seconds before you scanned a package after the bulkhead was closed, how many seconds before you stop completed the package after you scanned it, how many seconds before you started the package car after the stop complete. On every single stop, every single day. Not just when a supervisor was doing an on area observation. Walk a mile in his shoes before you slam someone

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Easy Answer : Put your shades down and mind your own business

4yU5WRr2cmevS.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Best defense is to teach your kids not to play around moving vehicles. If they are too young to grasp that idea they don't belong out in the driveway by themselves.

So you didn't run with Orion. Diffrent company than it was back then. You didn't have telematics hooked to your car where some shmooe could sit at a desk and pick every move you made apart. You weren't timed by a computer on how many seconds you bulkhead was open before it was closed, how many seconds before you scanned a package after the bulkhead was closed, how many seconds before you stop completed the package after you scanned it, how many seconds before you started the package car after the stop complete. On every single stop, every single day. Not just when a supervisor was doing an on area observation. Walk a mile in his shoes before you slam someone
May not have had all that stuff but, still had a planned day and a paid day just like you.

Best defense is to teach your kids not to play around moving vehicles. If they are too young to grasp that idea they don't belong out in the driveway by themselves.
Hey Rod I totally agree but, as Art Linkletter often said....kids do the funniest things

Poop Head

Judge me.
I didn't see anything about how far he backed up? Was it just far enough to get off the street and turn? Was it all the way up the driveway? Like someone else said, hows the culdusac? Maybe there's an unruly dog that has darted out Infront of him in the past? Wild children? Maybe he is that driver that somehow managed get ejected from the car while turning, sending the car into some poor family's house or landscaping?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Truth!!!

jaker

trolling
As a retired UPS driver of over 30 yrs, I never backed that vehicle unless there was no alternative. Those who have posted snide remarks are usually the first to cry out about safety concerns. Just be honest about it. The guy has no regard for safety concerns and is just plain lazy. My neighbor has 3 young girls that could run out to his vehicle while he is backing. I don't know what this guy is thinking.
I stop reading your post after this one , because you should like a person peeking though the blinds looking at driver and then complain to ups when he does something wrong instead of just saying it to him

And yes you did deliver and get paid , but please tell us how many stops you did and how many stops that route does now

watdaflock?

Maybe the driver had 200+ stops today, all with 40' driveways and wanted to get home before midnight
It would mean the driver walked a tad over one miles distance. By looking at the waist line of majority of the drivers in my hub, they could use a bit more walking.
Granted most drivers can back up their PC a lot quicker than walk so being lazy is more efficient, majority of the time.

Hope this helps.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Granted most drivers can back up their PC a lot quicker than walk so being lazy is more efficient, majority of the time.

Not necessarily true.

We have done the demonstration where two drivers deliver to the same "stop". They both start from the same position. One backs up to the delivery stop while the other walks off the stop. The distance was about 100'. The driver who walked completed the stop before the one who drove.

jaker

trolling
Not necessarily true.

We have done the demonstration where two drivers deliver to the same "stop". They both start from the same position. One backs up to the delivery stop while the other walks off the stop. The distance was about 100'. The driver who walked completed the stop before the one who drove.
What's this we stuff , did you think your hub was the only one to do the demonstration or are you thinking your hub was the only one who saw the video on it

oldupsman

I stop reading your post after this one , because you should like a person peeking though the blinds looking at driver and then complain to ups when he does something wrong instead of just saying it to him

And yes you did deliver and get paid , but please tell us how many stops you did and how many stops that route does now

You seem to think you do more stops now then we used to do in the "old days' huh? I would have enjoyed going out every morning
knowing exactly what's on the car. It was not unusual in the old days to be told in the morning that you had 150 stops
on the car when you really had 180.

Sorry, here's how this old guy sees it. If I followed every rule you guys are told and must follow every day, I'd see it as a blessing.
I'd be doing less work then I did 25 years ago. You want me to use my seat belt, close the bulkhead door, and turn off the car at
every stop? Sure, no problem, take off 30 stops.

Now I'm not going to get into a pissing match about which generation works harder. Lets just agree they both work hard.