How lazy can you get

dudebro

You seem to think you do more stops now then we used to do in the "old days' huh? I would have enjoyed going out every morning
knowing exactly what's on the car. It was not unusual in the old days to be told in the morning that you had 150 stops
on the car when you really had 180.
You could do that to rookie old school drivers. After they had a year and you told them there were 150 stops, they'd eyeball the load, hop once or twice on the rear bumper, and say "Buuuull-smile*t, I'd bet my paycheck there are 180 stops on this car".

oldupsman

[QUOTE

This company has change a lot in the past ten years and for you to come in and talk like you are bad just or it's 2008 tells that you left at a good time

Because we all know what would really happen to you or your route if you was still here[/QUOTE]

Changed? Changed how? You get in the car and hump boxes.

If i was still on my route I'd be doing less if anything. How could I not?
Seat belt every stop? Close door every stop? Turn off car every stop?
Don't pull in the driveway? Every stop would take 30 more seconds. I talk to with guys I worked with all the time.
They're not doing any more work than before. There only complaint is
the stupid stuff management tries to scare you with. But it's just laughable.
Now I'll give you this. I had, and it still is a very strong local. We didn't take crap from any manager no matter how high up the ladder they were. They still don't.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
It's funny to hear the retire guys talk about how hard it was , but the guys who are about to retire now always talk how great those days was compare to now

So somewhere someone is lying , but who

The ones about to retire are lying. Those that retired years back had it tough!!! A good way to judge this is when we retired it was VERY rare anyone worked longer than 30 years. Now days they seem to go 35 or 40 years. That proves it MUST be easier now :rolleyes:

Gear

Parts on Order
I noticed the current old time drivers are saying its way harder now then it was before them to the retired guys. You guys (current old timers) are the same ones telling the newer drivers how much easier it is today then years ago.

You cant have it both ways.
Which ones is it-
Harder years ago or
Harder today.

Gear

Parts on Order
The ones about to retire are lying. Those that retired years back had it tough!!! A good way to judge this is when we retired it was VERY rare anyone worked longer than 30 years. Now days they seem to go 35 or 40 years. That proves it MUST be easier now :rolleyes:

If you're able to retire and insist on hanging around hogging up a good union job, you're not working hard. Im not sure if you're being serious or not but I agree with your logic.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you're able to retire and insist on hanging around hogging up a good union job, you're not working hard. Im not sure if you're being serious or not but I agree with your logic.

Lifes to short to be serious. I don't care who works/worked harder. I will concede to the fact that the drivers of today are more like robots than we were. Sucks to be them. When I left I had never even worked in a truck that had a back-up camera let alone all that other BS they have on them now.