how long do you think sticks will be around?

govols019

You smell that?
In case y'all don't know, if you turn your dash lights all the way off your headlights won't beep if you leave them on. I do this only when it rains, not at night.

Doesn't work on all newer cars. Wished it did...Also wish I could meet the person that thought that beeping for the headlights was a good idea.

mdnj88

The beeping headlights drives me crazy as well. I have a newer 1300 and after my bulk stops I could basically work out of an 800, there is an older stick diesel parked outside the building as a spare. High back seat, low step, lap belt with power steering that I've been begging for. Between the beeping lights and the delay on putting the transmission in drive is enough to make me want an older car

Marne Vet

Wouldn't want to go back to an old 800 or 1000 any day. I love my automatic, and it's one of the last reasons I've stayed as a driver. My knees and legs are shot, and there's no way I can continue driving those old pieces of crap. Nothing about the older manuals is better. I didn't get stuck one time this Winter with all the new we had in the new 8, and having a better heater does make a difference. More room in the cab in the newer vehicle, and the seat is a 1,000x's more comfortable. So it beeps a lot. Are you kidding me?! I'll take the minor annoyance of a few beeps all day than get stuck driving an old P800. You rookies have no idea how much those manuals and clutches wear on your bodies.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Wouldn't want to go back to an old 800 or 1000 any day. I love my automatic, and it's one of the last reasons I've stayed as a driver. My knees and legs are shot, and there's no way I can continue driving those old pieces of crap. Nothing about the older manuals is better. I didn't get stuck one time this Winter with all the new we had in the new 8, and having a better heater does make a difference. More room in the cab in the newer vehicle, and the seat is a 1,000x's more comfortable. So it beeps a lot. Are you kidding me?! I'll take the minor annoyance of a few beeps all day than get stuck driving an old P800. You rookies have no idea how much those manuals and clutches wear on your bodies.

Clutches! We don't use stinking clutches.!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
All you radio guys. Hook alligator clips to the splitter. Under the diad holder on interior fire wall. You will see the red (hot) and black (ground) . I also have had the mechanic hook up a plug in the cab. On the side of the dashboard

mdnj88

Wouldn't want to go back to an old 800 or 1000 any day. I love my automatic, and it's one of the last reasons I've stayed as a driver. My knees and legs are shot, and there's no way I can continue driving those old pieces of crap. Nothing about the older manuals is better. I didn't get stuck one time this Winter with all the new we had in the new 8, and having a better heater does make a difference. More room in the cab in the newer vehicle, and the seat is a 1,000x's more comfortable. .

We have 1000's in the 1995-98 range that are stick but power steering. 115-135 all diesel. THAT is the car I want. I'm with you though, I wouldn't wish a manual steering car on anyone.

iowa boy

Clutches! We don't use stinking clutches.!

Was thinking the same thing. Have driven manual tranny vehicles since I was 14. I have grown to hate the clutch.

Only time I use the clutch is when I come to a complete stop or when shifting from reverse to 2 or vice versa.

Cementups

Box Monkey
All you radio guys. Hook alligator clips to the splitter. Under the diad holder on interior fire wall. You will see the red (hot) and black (ground) . I also have had the mechanic hook up a plug in the cab. On the side of the dashboard

not all of the newer package cars have the post under the dash. I've turned down nicer trucks because I need to have the post to hook up my radio an those trucks didn't have them.

morgahorse

The Ryobi portable radio with rechargeable battery works great and is loud enough to be heard all day and you can hook your ipod up to it.

mixyo

Dispatcher
We were told a couple of years ago that automotive was no longer buying parts for them and that as the current parts supply ran out, the cars would be crushed rather than be repaired.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would love to watch one of those get crushed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Had an on-car with me one day and he noticed that I wasn't using my clutch quite a few times and asked me why. Told him clutches were overrated.

So the car can be shifted without using the clutch? When you hear it get to the necessary RPMs you just move the stick to the new position?

Never occurred to me to do that....

S

selfcancelsignal

I heard it will be an all automatic fleet by 2015/2016.
I heard 2 to 3 years like a year ago, so similar. I have a hard time believing that though. They're just gonna keep fixing the older crap & handing it down from bigger hubs to smaller centers all over the world. I think it'll be a lot longer. Hope I'm wrong, though I don't mind driving a stick.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal