How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And you doubted me! Lol
So you have a copy of the application and the approval of it? Please share. Thanks in advance.
Suspicious by nature I see. Lol. Why would they not approve it? The plan is in the worst shape of all of them. That’s why they’re getting the bulk of the money. Are you retired or close to it?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Suspicious by nature I see. Lol. Why would they not approve it? The plan is in the worst shape of all of them. That’s why they’re getting the bulk of the money. Are you retired or close to it?
Not suspicious- haven't seen Central States application listed on the website. With the amount of plans needing help, I doubt Central will get 56 billion. But maybe. Just show me a picture of the application and the approval. Seems like a simple task. I'm sort of retired lol.

UnionStrong

Not suspicious- haven't seen Central States application listed on the website. With the amount of plans needing help, I doubt Central will get 56 billion. But maybe. Just show me a picture of the application and the approval. Seems like a simple task. I'm sort of retired lol.
Fair enough. I wouldn’t know where to get that picture though. Many plans, including mine, are in trouble, so we’re in the same boat. I just started collecting my pension.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Fair enough. I wouldn’t know where to get that picture though. Many plans, including mine, are in trouble, so we’re in the same boat. I just started collecting my pension.
Exactly- there are several plans in need. That is why it is doubtful CS will get $56 billion. I realize how emotional it is for everyone. But really $88 billion isn't going to do a lot. The funds need to be managed better. (This is an opinion).

UnionStrong

Exactly- there are several plans in need. That is why it is doubtful CS will get $56 billion. I realize how emotional it is for everyone. But really $88 billion isn't going to do a lot. The funds need to be managed better. (This is an opinion).
For sure they need better management. I read the deal when it was passed, the figure agreed upon took into account what every troubled plan needed to stay solvent for 30 years. Most only needed 2-4 billion. But the CS was the one that really needed help, having to cut pension amounts etc. I hope they bail them out and make all those guys whole. 🍀 We shall see.

What'dyabringmetoday???

For sure they need better management. I read the deal when it was passed, the figure agreed upon took into account what every troubled plan needed to stay solvent for 30 years. Most only needed 2-4 billion. But the CS was the one that really needed help, having to cut pension amounts etc. I hope they bail them out and make all those guys whole. 🍀 We shall see.
I hope so too- but I just don't understand how people can toss numbers around if an application hasn't even been filed. Maybe it has but I haven't seen any proof. Our fund can't apply until January.

542thruNthru

@What'dyabringmetoday??? @UnionStrong @DELACROIX

They can't even apply till April 2022

"But specifically how much money the Central States plan will get, and when it will be deposited, remains to be worked out by the PBGC, Mullane and Priede said. The Teamsters plan right now has to wait until April to apply for funds because the government is prioritizing processing smaller, already-insolvent union pension funds, they said."

"But specifically how much money the Central States plan will get, and when it will be deposited, remains to be worked out by the PBGC, Mullane and Priede said. The Teamsters plan right now has to wait until April to apply for funds because the government is prioritizing processing smaller, already-insolvent union pension funds, they said."
And that's the way it should be because many of those smaller plans that already taken a cut the central states planned and make any cuts yet

What'dyabringmetoday???

But, but- I thought this was all settled? Lol!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
By the time April rolls around there won't be any money left for Central States. Sounds like Hoffa and Denis T got buffaloed again.

542thruNthru

By the time April rolls around there won't be any money left for Central States. Sounds like Hoffa and Denis T got buffaloed again.
I blame the members in the east and central for their pension problems. They are constantly voting in bad teamster officials because they don't know any better. ;)

Last edited:

UnionStrong

My plan will be ok. O’Brien is a trustee. Lol

542thruNthru

My plan will be ok. O’Brien is a trustee.
latest.gif

Adam_5d873b_1409587.gif