How long have you been retired?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
From what posts I have read, I too could never imagine going back as it sounds like such a different company to work for.
I keep hearing the same thing . But , even if it was the same company , I wouldn't do it for triple whatever they are getting an hour and having the same gravy airport run I walked away from. Our time now is priceless .

BrownFlush

Direct deposit is the way to go. Then use your banks drive up cash machine (no charges for using it) as a money tree.
Gothca.... I probably haven't signed a check for like 20 years. Used to get 10 minutes of OT every Friday till UPS signed us up . Teamster check does the same thing and assume SS will also. Guess I should have clarified what I farm for in the mailbox !

BrownFlush

10 MORE minutes of OT every Friday ( I should have written ) because of that stop at the bank.. sorry another post on this , I didn't see where you could edit...

ski or die

Ski or Die
19 years 3 months and 7 days. I'm still a spring chicken. Only 68. Retired young enough to enjoy life, family, and grandchildren. Getting away from all that stress added years on my life.

Shiftless

thanks..amen.. I really don't know how to react yet. Going on international vacation on sat for a week. then it's budget time..

You will learn! Being retired will sink in, right now you feel like you are on a vacation I bet. I too will be doing some international travels for over a month here coming up. Usually we fly or cruise somewhere for 2 weeks every year. This year we already did the two weeker, now it's time for the big one! A bucket load of moola the kids will never see out of the inheritance package all spent on us! Enjoy your retirement.

Shiftless

I still find it amazing how many drivers don't take the retirement as early as possible when they have the ability to do that! Gotta Love Choices!

I have had a blast being retired. All those years of performing a daily grind paid off for me!
Glad I did, what I did, when I did it!