How many hours a day on average do UPS employees work on Peak season

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I was a part timer, we'd start around 11pm and get done around 5am during peak. Once in a while we'd run into the preload shift and leave at 6am, but it was rare. During peak most people were offered a double.

jaker

trolling
It really depends on where you are at , you will get a different answer from everyone

With that said in our hub they where working 9+ hours a day

They started at 2300 and got off Somewhere around 0830 if they was lucky

gatorkev85

Yea on Fridays our shift is 10+ hours, I'm not sure how they get away with working us part time employees that much for one shift and we only get one Ten minute break. It's brutal but the money is good I guess

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
When I worked preload we'd start at 0001 and end around 0900...I was an idiot and did helper a few times and made 15 an hour doing that when I could have worked inside the building longer making more..id say do that instead of being a drivers bitch

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
As a part time employee, do we get full time hours on peak season?. I heard from one of my co-workers hat on average we work 6 to 7 hours a day on average, then I heard someone say they once had to work 12 hours on peak season, but I'm not sure if he was in double shift. I'm only a part-time employee.

Depends on your hub. I typically get 62-70 hours/week during peak double shifting 6 days/week.

HBGPreloader

I work preload and averaged about 8.5 hours on Sunday/Mondays - starting as early as 10 pm Sunday evenings.

During the remainder of of the week, I averaged about 6.5 hours per day. I could have picked up more hours, but there were others who appreciated the overtime more than I do.

I'm sort of kicking my self in the butt right now, though, because the extra hours would have padded my worker's comp checks.

dudebro

Well at least you're goofs and not pompous dicks like people on reddit.

HEY! I'm on reddit!

Anyway, good on you for wanting to go out with the driver to see how the preload sets up the driver day. You will learn a lot, and I wish all of the preloaders were as conscientious as you are.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

HEY! I'm on reddit!

Anyway, good on you for wanting to go out with the driver to see how the preload sets up the driver day. You will learn a lot, and I wish all of the preloaders were as conscientious as you are.

Preloaders riding with the drivers used to be a common practice for the reason(s) that you mentioned.

dudebro

Yea on Fridays our shift is 10+ hours, I'm not sure how they get away with working us part time employees that much for one shift and we only get one Ten minute break. It's brutal but the money is good I guess
I worked at an airport where if we knew we were going to work over 8 we shut the place down for an hour and bought everyone pizza. There should be some type of local agreement for people to get a meal on a shift that long.