How many injuries is too many? On Topic (long) please help

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We have had more injuries in our building by 3/1/18 than 2016-2017. As of 4/13, our building has surpassed four years of injuries.

When is it time to write/call OSHA? Steward and union complaints fall on deaf ears because there's simply nothing they can do about safety anymore. For all other things under the sun, our union and steward are the cream of the crop, but for safety issues they don't even want to weigh in outside of "this is the worst we have seen".

We had someone recently get a concussion when a car pulled out and moved a temporary dock, knocking her out as it took the rollers with it.

One guy broke his arm and hand when a trailer failed to secure brakes. It happened again recently but off a 10 foot dock. A kid was walking into a trailer (which a sup opened and kicking the latch open pushed the trailer out). One guy was walking and a failed ebrake caused him to fall five feet off a dock.

The other day a worker secured the belt from 1800 packages in 3.5 cars, was buried past egress, a supervisor unsecured the belt and she blew out her back. AFAIK, she's still in hospital because she cannot move.

This is just a brief list. Half of our preload schedule is workers on comp. Supervisors are working. There's a laundry list of things wrong with our facility and management. My brothers and sisters and myself are getting seriously injured.

Management isn't doing anything except working union workers hours and blaming them for the injuries. It is a shtshow. The unload kid who fell off the dock was smart enough to "hit the deck" and lay flat so the feeder didn't pop his head like a cherry. Sup didn't even try to inform the feeder to stop. He saw the kid fall and did nothing.

This is horrendous. It wasn't like this before our new center manager and this last round of supervisors. I will admit I am angry from my own limb injuries, but too many people are getting hurt too often. A supervisor removed a set of stairs "they thought no one was using" and someone broke their leg and hip.

The 10+ of us are "banging on union doors" and there's simply nothing they can do. We are approaching 20 injuries. Thankfully no deaths.. yet =/

I've been posting here for years but it'd be too obvious who I am or where we are and apologize in advance for puppetry. We are suffering badly here. Many more unreported injuries. There's bloody packages coming down the belt almost every day. 3-4x a week at least.

This has gotta stop. What to do please?

Thanks in advance for any help on what to do or where to go. The only thing we can think of is writing a laundry list of the problems and all signing it with our names and contact info and getting it to OSHA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.
Bologna

john chesney

We have had more injuries in our building by 3/1/18 than 2016-2017. As of 4/13, our building has surpassed four years of injuries.

When is it time to write/call OSHA? Steward and union complaints fall on deaf ears because there's simply nothing they can do about safety anymore. For all other things under the sun, our union and steward are the cream of the crop, but for safety issues they don't even want to weigh in outside of "this is the worst we have seen".

We had someone recently get a concussion when a car pulled out and moved a temporary dock, knocking her out as it took the rollers with it.

One guy broke his arm and hand when a trailer failed to secure brakes. It happened again recently but off a 10 foot dock. A kid was walking into a trailer (which a sup opened and kicking the latch open pushed the trailer out). One guy was walking and a failed ebrake caused him to fall five feet off a dock.

The other day a worker secured the belt from 1800 packages in 3.5 cars, was buried past egress, a supervisor unsecured the belt and she blew out her back. AFAIK, she's still in hospital because she cannot move.

This is just a brief list. Half of our preload schedule is workers on comp. Supervisors are working. There's a laundry list of things wrong with our facility and management. My brothers and sisters and myself are getting seriously injured.

Management isn't doing anything except working union workers hours and blaming them for the injuries. It is a shtshow. The unload kid who fell off the dock was smart enough to "hit the deck" and lay flat so the feeder didn't pop his head like a cherry. Sup didn't even try to inform the feeder to stop. He saw the kid fall and did nothing.

This is horrendous. It wasn't like this before our new center manager and this last round of supervisors. I will admit I am angry from my own limb injuries, but too many people are getting hurt too often. A supervisor removed a set of stairs "they thought no one was using" and someone broke their leg and hip.

The 10+ of us are "banging on union doors" and there's simply nothing they can do. We are approaching 20 injuries. Thankfully no deaths.. yet =/

I've been posting here for years but it'd be too obvious who I am or where we are and apologize in advance for puppetry. We are suffering badly here. Many more unreported injuries. There's bloody packages coming down the belt almost every day. 3-4x a week at least.

This has gotta stop. What to do please?

Thanks in advance for any help on what to do or where to go. The only thing we can think of is writing a laundry list of the problems and all signing it with our names and contact info and getting it to OSHA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.
Call now.

SSDD

What should we do with pictures of our facility? If I recall correctly it's instant termination for taking pictures of operations and dispersing them.

Does that apply to providing them to OSHA?

I'm not the only one with damning pictures and I'm sure I'll be asked by coworkers looking to move forward on this.

Thanks again for the assistance.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What should we do with pictures of our facility? If I recall correctly it's instant termination for taking pictures of operations and dispersing them.

I'm not the only one with damning pictures and I'm sure I'll be asked by coworkers looking to move forward on this.

It is against company policy to take pictures on company property. Let OSHA take pictures.

john chesney

Do not let anyone know you have any pictures . You possibly could be terminated.Ask Osha case manager after complaint is filed during investigation that someone MAY have pictures and if disclosing them can cause retaliation

SSDD

*Very* good to know. I'll be sure to communicate this clearly to others. I know I'm not the only injured worker with very damning pictures.

SSDD

Thanks for the info and messages. I'm afraid posting more about this could damage, influence, or jeopardize future outcomes for the building or people in it. Stay safe. Your last stop of the day is home.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Don’t get why you even ask if you should call OSHA. If this situation is real it seems OSHA should absolutely be involved. They clearly don’t respect the need for safety and are failing in their main job, part timers and supervisors.
I have been warned about going to OSHA . prior to exhausting the local grievance procedure. The red tape involved, makes having a safe workplace pretty much impossible. IE planners are simply going to blow out parts of the operation; inside, drivers, whatever, because that is SOP.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B750999E-F1F0-4E0D-A552-7AC7ECC7422A.jpeg
Workmans comp is great!