How many of you actually like your job?

purplesky

Why exactly?

Women talk and its a small world. You are the UPS guy and trust me even if you are a cover guy the community will get to know you. I dated several women in the same zipcode and sure enough they somehow knew each other one way or another.

Its like dating a coworker in a way. Relationships and hookups can end badly sometimes so if you are forced to deliver to her office or home it can be very uncomfortable.:wink2:

I wasnt a manwhore but I did have too much fun. I actually had some hookers on my route and that was really funny to watch that operation in action.

curiousbrain

I love my job at the airport. I hated most things at the hub, save for the friends and the consistent work pace. An air gateway or hub is seriously where it's at.....

I hate infringement from people who haven't a clue, and don't care to ask. But, seriously, I love my job. The people, the shift, specifics of what I do day to day...etc. When I first started at the airport after leaving a large hub, it felt like an elephant had stepped off my chest. I was suffocated in the hub, and felt like I could breath again. Job security is better for FT/PT sups in the air division as well due to very specific (and expensive) training. Morale is better than anywhere I've worked in the past. With the exception of one bad apple, this place is near perfect....

Most of this.

I complain a bit (a lot lately), but I am worked very hard and compensated very little, so I consider it a right.

I would say, though, that I don't feel any particular loyalty to the company, but I do feel loyalty to my immediate bosses; they hired me, trained me, and took a chance on me. In return, I never miss a day, do everything they ask, so on and so forth. There is much I (and everyone, probably) could say on this topic, but it is difficult - my feelings about the job are so real and tangible to me, yet are very difficult to translate into words.

I love and hate my job.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Most of this.

I complain a bit (a lot lately), but I am worked very hard and compensated very little, so I consider it a right.

I would say, though, that I don't feel any particular loyalty to the company, but I do feel loyalty to my immediate bosses; they hired me, trained me, and took a chance on me. In return, I never miss a day, do everything they ask, so on and so forth. There is much I (and everyone, probably) could say on this topic, but it is difficult - my feelings about the job are so real and tangible to me, yet are very difficult to translate into words.

I love and hate my job.

You translated it into words just fine. Well said, sir.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
cosmo1,

No.

I will not do this on open forum,

Sincerely,
I

ill answer it for you.TROLL!!!!

theres no reason not to state what your job title is. Unless its CEO or something it's pretty hard for anyone here to nail you down just by stating your job title.

U

uber

theres no reason not to state what your job title is. Unless its CEO or something it's pretty hard for anyone here to nail you down just by stating your job title.

I think he said he's PT sup before.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Brownslave688,

It is not a requirement to state your job title or not state your job title to be a member of the Brown Cafe Community.

I choose not to be fixated or to try to control any of the persons or personalities in this community.

I don't always agree and I sometimes have difficult discussions with individuals on this site.

Sometimes these discussions go absolutely no where, they just pass time.

Rarely but at other times connection happens and understanding of one another seems to happen in spite of our differences.

I guess for an online community/discussion forum that is probably more than should be expected but meaningful none the less.

I don't approve of name calling and I don't approve of trying to control or bully individuals into posting what they are not comfortable posting.

This type of posting, in my opinion, shows a lot about the character of the individuals who are trying to bully.

Although I am responding to your post I am not specifically refering to you but by all means if you think the shoe fits then wear it if you like.

Peace be with you!

Sincerely,
I

oldupsman

I used to love my job, I felt great working on my own and I enjoy working with the public. It has always been hard work, which never bothered me. Its just got ridiculous the last few years with all the stupid garbage we have to put up with in operations. The culture of the company changed for the worse since it went public, and ever since we went on PAS/EDD the daily grind has just gotten worse and worse. I'm tired of the increased workload the last couple of years, getting home past 8 PM is getting old. I turn 55 in May, lately I have been considering retiring early and find something to do that I enjoy.
Hey Scratch, 55 isn't early. It's just right. Get out while you're in one piece.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Welcome to the forum Brown Now (not that I have a right to greet you like I'm the mayor or something.) I started just before the strike in '97. Since then, the company has started it's slow and steady descent into corporate land. Some of it good...a lot of it bad. There's no more culture building at UPS. When we had company picnics and Atlanta kept their nose out of everything, this company rocked the party that rocked ya body. Nowadays it's a corporate grind. However, all things being equal, still one of the best jobs in the US for pay, benes, and retirement. The 10-15 minutes you're in the building is harder than the time spent on the road. Perspective gets you much further along and more or less in tact...well...your mind will be more or less in tact, your body though...it's going to be crap. No way around it unless you take really great care of it and take all your supplements and stretch...but even still...crap.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
cosmo1,

No.

I will not do this on open forum,

Sincerely,
I

Gotcha! You feel as though You can come on to Brown Cafe and ask Us personal questions about our faiths, beliefs and work ethics, yet when one of Us asks a personal question about You, well, nada.

I, you have reached the point of irrelevance.

Ted

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Gotcha! You feel as though You can come on to Brown Cafe and ask Us personal questions about our faiths, beliefs and work ethics, yet when one of Us asks a personal question about You, well, nada.

I, you have reached the point of irrelevance.

Ted

BINGO...Cosmo, thank you,, the religious BULLY as usual, wont play fair.. i to say TROLL