How Many Part-Time Supes Load?

drewed

Shankman
Because pt sups r made to work so they dont have to pays ft

well if you use that logic, lets say as a pt sup theyre paying 17 an hr (a rough of what salary based on hrs is) then i get time carded for 23 an hr...so to do that one hr of work theyre paying out 40 an hr when they could have paid a ft 23 or even 34.50 at overtime rate....answer me why would they do that to themselves?

SoyFish

Hmmm only once when I was in training did the PT Sups load a truck, but that was only cause I was really slow to start with. Since then, nope none of them I have seen loading...at least not on my belt.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
well if you use that logic, lets say as a pt sup theyre paying 17 an hr (a rough of what salary based on hrs is) then i get time carded for 23 an hr...so to do that one hr of work theyre paying out 40 an hr when they could have paid a ft 23 or even 34.50 at overtime rate....answer me why would they do that to themselves?

PROPS to you DREWED..on just being able to respond to that post....lol!

pkg handler

im a supe in phila preload and we had a guy today who was here from 3: 45 - 7 : 15 .. just the bare minimum he had a 750 piece pull i think. Everybody was off the clock by 8:20 i believe ..could have been earlier if i didnt have to break a late jam

Mike Hawk

About once every 2 weeks I make it out under 5 hours, 6.5 today, had to fold 3 days worth of smalls bags and still didn't finish them all before they kicked me out.

bellesotico

BOXstar
About once every 2 weeks I make it out under 5 hours, 6.5 today, had to fold 3 days worth of smalls bags and still didn't finish them all before they kicked me out.

Even though our building volume is "light"..the flow is heavy.
I've been avg 4 hours a day before they start freaking out and shoving me out the door.
Are they starting you early? We have been starting at 4:55.

Mike Hawk

3:00 usually, 3:10 this week. The average flow on the one belt in the center is 1300-1400 PPH. The flow goes up and down though, one unloader and the shifter unloads when not shifting.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I went 4:40 on the twi and 4:30 on the midnight yesterday, 9:10 total. Volume was a bit above average but because of the west coast loads being delayed still it's difficult to judge what the volume shouldbe. I bet Monday everyone gets slammed.

P

PTSup4-2long

[evil]Lets see...[/evil]
I was a loader, I was an unloader. I enjoyed both.
I am a sup. now and it is very difficult for me not to work.
Not b/c I want to. Not b/c I am trying to make numbers...
or steal union time/ jobs..
I do it b/c the people on my belt, simply can not keep up, choose not to keep up, and I hate to see them buried in the incredibly large volume coming down the belt!
:smart:Here is an idea, I do it for morale! I do it to assist.. to train (over and over), I do it to help people catch up! So they do not feel overwelmed.
But I guess you will always have the shop stewart and the union rep who attempt to make problems out of everything.

Maybe I wouldn't have to work if the hourlies on my belt simply...
a) showed up on time
b) came to work
c) utilized the methods
d) actually tried to put the work away

Then again it is easier for one to run to the union...or tell the shop stewart the sup was working (even when they were actually assisting "you") than
to take [evil]responsibility and accountability [/evil]for your actions.
:whiteflag:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

we have a woman on the sort aisle that is a PT sup, who works daily. So far in 2 days I have her working 8 hours. There is no reason for it other than understaffing. Sure, people call in and bang out sick whatever excuse etc...but that isn't the case here - she's just in it to make her #'s look good. Boy, is she in for a rude awakening next Monday when I put in for 32 hours grievance and introduce myself. ;)