How much money do Part time Supervisors make per week?

rod

Retired 22 years
It was interesting how many part time sups complained and were then fired. We did go through 2 cms in a year, not sure if they were fired of transferred.
center manager's are rarely fired. If they really screw up they are usually moved to another location------------where they continue to juggle numbers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PT sups start at around 14.50 an hour, and are payed a "guarantee" of 27.5 hours a week. But you shouldn't care because you don't want to be a pt sup, unless you understand that in all likelihood that is the last job you will ever have at UPS.
Based on the amount and intensity of whining and bitching on here, that is exactly what he should be looking for.

RolloTony Brown Town

The reason you hear "pt sups make 300/week" is because 90% of ups pt sups make between 15-17/hr and generally after 401k deductions, health insurance, and taxes take home between 300-350 per week.

The other 10% of pt sups make up the lifer pt sups who have maxed out and the brand new supervisors who can barely do the hourly job and are essentially off the street hires making under 300/week. Usually by raise time in march though those new part time sups catch up to the rest of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

center manager's are rarely fired. If they really screw up they are usually moved to another location------------where they continue to juggle numbers.

Our current center manager replaced one who was fired for fudging numbers. I read in the legal section of the paper yesterday where his BMW was being auctioned off to satisfy a garagemen's lien.

nostrebor

PT sups are salary for 27.5 hours, if they work past that they get paid hourly based on their rate and OT kicks in sometime, I get conflicting answers when I talk to PT sups about it.
Only after 40 hours do you get overtime. Used to get "premium pay" which was after 27.5 and under 40.0 and that amount was pay plus 10%. That was taken away though a few years ago.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mack Grant

Yep, same ol' same UPS. If there is a problem lets just move it somewhere else.

I believe the company calls it "special assignment". We had a hub mgr who riled more than a few feathers in our building. One day during the middle of the week, he was just gone...Asked one of the FT Sups about it and he said with a grin " he's been sent on special assignment."

laffter

One of my part time sups says he has to pay something like $50 a week in addition to his regular insurance payments, because he smokes.

laffter

It's probably $50/month, not week.

What he told me was out of every paycheck, which means per week. And it wasn't fifty, but something like fifty- maybe forty. Either way, that's a :censored2: ton of money compared to how much they make.

Can anyone here back this up? I suppose he could have misspoke, but weekly and monthly are miles apart.

kurtkampy

Part time sup in my center, a really nice guy trying to get promoted, came in at 2 AM, and worked until noon. Then he went out and driver helped until 7 PM. I really don't think he got any extra besides his salary. I really like this and guy and hope he gets promoted otherwise the company is just using him royally.

Mack Grant

Part time sup in my center, a really nice guy trying to get promoted, came in at 2 AM, and worked until noon. Then he went out and driver helped until 7 PM. I really don't think he got any extra besides his salary. I really like this and guy and hope he gets promoted otherwise the company is just using him royally.

You were right in the second part of your statement.

Wondering how much money they make per week.

Some people say 300 per week, but that is hard to believe as my supervisors are working 35 hours a week and get paid about 14.80 from what I know. (Mine usually comes an hour before me and leaves an hour after me. That's 7 hours a day totaling 35 hours a week.)

I would assume most part time sups are around 35 hours a week as well.

14.80 times 35= $518 (I understand taxes lower it. But cant be by over 200 bucks)

So are people lieing when they say its 300 a week? Because as a loader, I could be making close to 300 a week If I worked 35 hours a week.
whatever they get paid its too much

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I thought management was paid monthly, not weekly.

They get paid weekly, like us. They also get 4$ more per hour then their current rate as PT. Overall, I wouldnt do it. My PT soup is 21 and started after peak last year, he already has a ton of gray hairs on his head. At 21!

PT Car Washer

But he is an equal part of your center management team. Someday he may be your next Pre load or Center Manager. After that the sky is the limit.