How often does your truck get washed

PT Car Washer

Ask them to clean out the back as well. When our rural trucks get bad we have the car washers take the hose and boom to the back and wash it all out. Good as new. Just make sure you tell your preloader in case the washers do a half ass job. We've had some preloaders just shrug and put boxes on a soaked floor.
That was my building 30+ years ago. Rural route trucks were hosed out every night. As a preloader I complained about the floor or shelves still being wet when we started loading. I had no idea what they looked like when the trucks came in the night before until I worked the Car Wash. Now it is up to the driver to clean his truck inside or outside. Still have FT car washers making $32+/hr to park the cars for preload and whatever for the next 3 or 4 hours after the cars are parked.

Mr.Helper

My driver's PC is washed at least once a week and it's not done that well but who am I to judge.

I would love to power wash the :censored2:ing cab and cargo area though. Cat litter, silica beads, sand, pulverized pet food, grime...you guys know. Ahh, to polish the shelving, put on new labels...make it all look new just to see how nice it could look even if it only lasted a 1/2 day.

Oak

Not a car in our center has been washed since before peak. Local sort was given spray bottles of some kind of cleaner and paper towels to wipe down the inside of the cars after a building fire. The cars reaked pretty bad after the fire and after the drivers complained. That was management's resolution.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Our cars never get washed. It saves money that way. Who gives a :censored2: if we can barely see out our windows and mirrors right?
always did the windshield myself with rain x, one of my pet peaves is visibility. Not sure how these drivers can drive around and see out or drive around with grease and a dashboard that looks like dust bowl.

clean hairy

Just imagine the poor mechanic who might have to get inside the dashboard to do a repair!
Guessing 1/2" of dust, grime and misc goop in there?

Dr.Brownz

Maybe once a year in the spring when outbound volume is low and the pt need something to do to get 3.5 hours (if the spring rains havent taken care of it)

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-09.gif