How old were you when ?

WTFm8

29. I’ll be 31 this week.

Applied to/hired for a FT job and just filed grievance to get pay corrected for all hours worked since I started.

HR double screwed up, first interview was wrong pay/time ranges. 2nd interview was correct pay/time ranges but when I went to setup direct deposit online it said AM Sort. Went to driver school the first day of employment.

They continue denying direct hire 6 for 1 rule and we have at least 2 FT drivers in the building.

When I get it, I’ll then file on the 3rd party audit section, paid for by UPS, part of the contract for pension/benefit contributions also.

Screenshots from job I applied to, HR emails saved stating position starts at $18.75, and followup emails. Also saved emails from the union stating inside work when not driving for the day is to be done by drivers that are SCHEDULED for the day, not drivers ‘laid off’ for the day. Forced inside for local sort when not driving Jan-Feb and a few weeks in June being paid at $10-$11/hr, supplement states to be paid at normal rate of pay for lower classification work.

Waited till I had a year seniority to really make a big deal about it, filed once before but withdrew grievance like an idiot.

Told the building manager and ORS it’s not my problem that they’re improperly staffing operations and to pay me for all work at my correct rate of pay for the classification I was hired for.

A3490A6C-4EF6-44A8-98EA-13F0A4D1A67B.png

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
42 and I am 1 month away from 64 and want nothing to do with full time. When I was younger my wife worked at UPS and they did not hire relatives. So I embarked on my wonderful full time career which now finally pays me handsomely, but the benefits still suck. But I have the teamsters 401K and the part time pension going for me which is nice and our benefits make it so hard to leave.