How to become a pilot

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
And so?

I give what I get. You conveniently skipped over ALOT. Conveniently. What you are talking about is a reaction to an attack. You skip over that part. This thread is about becoming a pilot. But here we are talking about this crap. I'm all for talking about aviation. Now, you being a snot nosed punk half my age....that''s your problem. With my age comes experience. I have that to offer.

Yet, I'm abusively attacked.....I will defend myself. It's not going to be pretty.......or nice.

And advising a man twice your age? Better know of what you speak.

And yeah, I'll display my talents and accomplishments when my integrity is questioned.

I don't give the tiniest care what you think or how seasoned and smart you think you are.....sonny.

Look, I realize you don't like me....I could really care less. But in fairness(I don't have high hopes), just a little review of the give and take.

Just because you guys can't figure out how to accomplish something or whatever personal failures/shortcomings envelope your miserable existences.....doesn't mean I'm not a pilot or didn't go to school. I encourage you to think this through before you utter another stupid/uninformed retort. BTW, don't like my response? Skip over it fool....very easy.

Now, given all that....want to talk about how to become a pilot?
If you’re trying to equate your experience as a private pilot with experience that one would have flying for UPS airlines… That’s like saying a 16-year-old kid gets his license, dad buys him a Ford F150, and he can tell you exactly how to do your job and feeders… Yes he’s a driver but there’s different categories of drivers and prerequisites in order to drive in certain functions… As well as fly. So thank you for telling us about your medical certification, glad to hear you are healthy and what not…

MisplacedRailWorker

So which branch would be the best to get flight experience? Do all branches require you to be an officer to fly planes? I need to fly whatever experience I need to become a UPS pilot.
The Marine Corps is the least competitive. I say this being a Marine. Navy would be a little bit more competitive but a lot more flying slots than the Air Force at the present.

And yes, you must be an officer in order to fly fixed wing aircraft in any branch of the military. And the main distinction is that an officer has a 4-year degree.

MisplacedRailWorker

Want to talk aviation? I got 4 degrees in it from Maintenance to Airport Management. I own a plane. I'm instrument rated.

I love to talk airplanes and all that entails.

Or STFU.
In 2021, two hundred dollars can get you the latest release of Prepar3d, the Flight Simulator that was modified by Lockheed-Martin (from FSX) which allows the user to accrue flight hours at home.

I don’t own a plane. If I did, you still wouldn’t find me asserting clout and stupidity related to an airline pilot job at UPS. Because never in your life will you or would you ever have had the time or experience to even APPLY for first officer at big brown. Why? Feeder hours (allegedly)

quad decade guy

If you’re trying to equate your experience as a private pilot with experience that one would have flying for UPS airlines… That’s like saying a 16-year-old kid gets his license, dad buys him a Ford F150, and he can tell you exactly how to do your job and feeders… Yes he’s a driver but there’s different categories of drivers and prerequisites in order to drive in certain functions… As well as fly. So thank you for telling us about your medical certification, glad to hear you are healthy and what not…
Ok. Fair enough.

Now, Chuck Yeager......

Your qualifications.......please: For all to see...........

BTW, refute anything I've said exactly......exactly now.

BTW, do you know me? Really? Except of course whatever snippet you are trying to smear me with here.

Please tell me what I know.

Your job here is....?

Pilot qualifications? Hours? Education?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok. Fair enough.

Now, Chuck Yeager......

BTW, do you know me? Really? Except of course whatever snippet you are trying to smear me with here.

Your job here is....?

Here we go again
Smh

Ok. Fair enough.

Now, Chuck Yeager......

Your job here is....?

Translation:

You're not wrong, but I still know more than you, just ask me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just responding to an attack....right?

Or with your hate, miss that?

See, you can't respond intelligently because you are such an a whole and mentally deficient, hard to deal with and have lived a simplistic life.....of which about all you are capable of....

So, how do you become a pilot?

Come on.....based on your experience.....

Gimme the keys and stand back

Lmao did your mom tell you that you were special when you were a young lad

oldngray

nowhere special
z-pilots.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got about five hours of Boeing flight time in Delta simulators, so I guess I'm the most qualified on this thread. Back years ago when I was a BSA leader, one of the other leaders worked for Delta maintaining their simulators. They train other pilots too and had to run these things 24/7/365 out of the year. Between Christmas and New Years' no pilot training was scheduled so we would get to take the troop and play on them. You can feel the tires hit simulated gaps in the runway and pull G-forces on takeoff. They can fly by themselves. They are easy to get off the ground but you wouldn't want me landing one with the auto-pilot turned off!

DeltaFlightSim.jpg

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Upser out of Charleston WV, very curious how to become a pilot for UPS. I’m only 20 years old, and have no experience piloting a plane whatsoever. Anyone a pilot that can give me some directions to accomplish this dream?

UPS and FedEx are considered premium jobs among airline pilots. You need to keep that in mind because your going to be competing with people that are service academy grads, former military pilots... even the pilots that did not go the military route all have thousands of hours at regional airlines or other cargo carriers.

If you have a clean mental bill of health ( no disqualifying conditions such as ADHD diagnosis) then the next thing you need to do is see if you can pass a first class medical, then obtain a 4 year degree, your not going to be competitive without one for any airline job. Then you can go the civilian route, become a flight instructor and build hours to get into a regional airline. Those are the first steps. The military route is risky in my opinion. You could become a air force officer and not get selected for a flight role. A friend of mine had a son go to the air force academy and barely get into a cargo plane. He wanted to be a fighter pilot but they only had enough spots in fighters for the top 2-3 or so in his flight class the kid was devastated... and this guy went to the academy, you will be competing with guys like him.

MisplacedRailWorker

UPS and FedEx are considered premium jobs among airline pilots. You need to keep that in mind because your going to be competing with people that are service academy grads, former military pilots... even the pilots that did not go the military route all have thousands of hours at regional airlines or other cargo carriers.

If you have a clean mental bill of health ( no disqualifying conditions such as ADHD diagnosis) then the next thing you need to do is see if you can pass a first class medical, then obtain a 4 year degree, your not going to be competitive without one for any airline job. Then you can go the civilian route, become a flight instructor and build hours to get into a regional airline. Those are the first steps. The military route is risky in my opinion. You could become a air force officer and not get selected for a flight role. A friend of mine had a son go to the air force academy and barely get into a cargo plane. He wanted to be a fighter pilot but they only had enough spots in fighters for the top 2-3 or so in his flight class the kid was devastated... and this guy went to the academy, you will be competing with guys like him.
Listen pal, I need you to join quad dick guy and get :censored2:ed with the ADHD :censored2: OK? I joined the military with 1 million :censored2:ing problems, and I left with 1 million :censored2:ing more on top of that… Leave it the :censored2: alone. If the kid has trouble focusing, maybe he’s horny or growing up or maybe just “Human“

he needs to be competitive, not alter his mental state. :censored2: meds :censored2: drugs you answer no on the questionnaire. You can take that to the bank, there’s no polygraph, there’s no bull:censored2:, and there’s no job unless you answer no to have you ever used drugs… You currently use drugs… Does that and the third you get it? Enough with the :censored2: mother:censored2:ing touting of how amazing you are for being an :censored2: on the Internet because you probably have undiagnosed bipolar pedophilia desires

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Listen pal, I need you to join quad dick guy and get *ed with the ADHD * OK? I joined the military with 1 million *ing problems, and I left with 1 million *ing more on top of that… Leave it the * alone. If the kid has trouble focusing, maybe he’s horny or growing up or maybe just “Human“

he needs to be competitive, not alter his mental state. * meds * drugs you answer no on the questionnaire. You can take that to the bank, there’s no polygraph, there’s no bull*, and there’s no job unless you answer no to have you ever used drugs… You currently use drugs… Does that and the third you get it? Enough with the * mother*ing touting of how amazing you are for being an * on the Internet because you probably have undiagnosed bipolar pedophilia desires
I have a Snickers if you’d like one. Lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Listen pal, I need you to join quad dick guy and get *ed with the ADHD * OK? I joined the military with 1 million *ing problems, and I left with 1 million *ing more on top of that… Leave it the * alone. If the kid has trouble focusing, maybe he’s horny or growing up or maybe just “Human“

he needs to be competitive, not alter his mental state. * meds * drugs you answer no on the questionnaire. You can take that to the bank, there’s no polygraph, there’s no bull*, and there’s no job unless you answer no to have you ever used drugs… You currently use drugs… Does that and the third you get it? Enough with the * mother*ing touting of how amazing you are for being an * on the Internet because you probably have undiagnosed bipolar pedophilia desires

You never fail to disappoint

quad decade guy

Good info.

I would add that crying about ANY flying slot is pretty immature. Expecting a top slot would be way uninformed. Who would go into the Academy without knowing this?

I would guess that your friends son was pretty average at the academy. That's where "other" folks go IF they even get a flying slot. There are exceptions where some top finishers want cargo or helicopters and such.

You also didn't talk about wash out rates...they are very high. I've read 50% or higher. Just because you are relatively smart or a girl or minority(yes they are selected that way) doesn't mean you can cut it.