How to enter pick ups into DIAD

Steamer

Black Friday was my first day driving for UPS. Thrown to the wolves! The DIAD was my nemesis. Can someone tell me how to enter a pick up? How about leaving a note for a closed business. I think I properly entered that info into the DIAD, but I’m not sure. Thanks for the help.
You're too new to get this complicated with it. The DIAD is overwhelming at first. But when you use it 150 times a day you will get it real fast. But either they send them to your board for a scheduled pick up and you open it up to scan in the packages. Enter the count. Then stop complete. Or you can enter them in special counts which is probably what you need to do.

There is another way for a bit of time credit but it's more complicated for a new hire. "Unscheduled pick up". Enter the shipper info. Enter shipper number which is the first 6 AFTER the 1Z. And that's it. Scan the packages in and enter the count. But honestly for you if you just pick the stuff up they don't care about your time or count. You don't stand a chance to be a RPCD unless you kiss butt. Work at a stupid pace this time of year. And never have an accident or get hurt. It's a tough job to get. Everyone of vying for it. And even then you aren't on their radar for a full time position. But it's a start.

Want to get more complicated and faster when delivering? Use that orange shift button on the DIAD.... Front door delivery. SHIFT 5,7 STOP COMPELTE. The rest will come to you after that. Keep an eye out for your next stop too. Grab it while in the back of the car. Especially the ones next door to each other. Run them both at one time.

Last edited:
You're too new to get this complicated with it. The DIAD is overwhelming at first. But when you use it 150 times a day you will get it real fast. But either they send them to your board for a scheduled pick up and you open it up to scan in the packages. Enter the count. Then stop complete. Or you can enter them in special counts which is probably what you need to do.

There is another way for a bit of time credit but it's more complicated for a new hire. "Unscheduled pick up". Enter the shipper info. Enter shipper number which is the first 6 AFTER the 1Z. And that's it. Scan the packages in and enter the count. But honestly for you if you just pick the stuff up they don't care about your time or count. You don't stand a chance to be a RPCD unless you kiss butt. Work at a stupid pace this time of year. And never have an accident or get hurt. It's a tough job to get. Everyone of vying for it. And even then you aren't on their radar for a full time position. But it's a start.

Want to get more complicated and faster when delivering? Use that orange shift button on the DIAD.... Front door delivery. SHIFT 5,7 STOP COMPELTE. The rest will come to you after that. Keep an eye out for your next stop too. Grab it while in the back of the car. Especially the ones next door to each other. Run them both at one time.
You aren't supposed to use unscheduled pickup

onewithedd

There is no more special count pickup screen on DIAD 6 you have to choose “walk up pickup” scan the packages and hit complete. In your summary ate the end of the day it shows as a stop

PPH_over_9000

There is no more special count pickup screen on DIAD 6 you have to choose “walk up pickup” scan the packages and hit complete. In your summary ate the end of the day it shows as a stop

My guy! Where is "Walk up pick-up" at???

It's probably super easy to find but i just have no clue. Is it hidden behind the 3 dot-menu where you report misloads?

BrownSnowFlake

Yes. But the supervisor said on my first training day that the odds are slim to none.
I would hope by asking these questions, that I’m going to find out how to do the things I don’t know how to do, so maybe I’ll increase my chances of getting hired.
Just FYI this is my experience:

Worked as a seasonal helper one xmas, applied to be a loader after peak but they had all the people they needed.

Got hired as a loader 2 years later, worked as a loader for 6 years. Signed 3 bid sheets before finally qualifying as a driver, and I still think they lowered the standards because my center was starting Saturday delivery.

Hope this helps.

Steamer

Just FYI this is my experience:

Worked as a seasonal helper one xmas, applied to be a loader after peak but they had all the people they needed.

Got hired as a loader 2 years later, worked as a loader for 6 years. Signed 3 bid sheets before finally qualifying as a driver, and I still think they lowered the standards because my center was starting Saturday delivery.

Hope this helps.
I got hired on as a full time RPCD from being seasonal. The only one in my group to make it. Even the guy that was supposed to be hired on as full time failed. I was the management pick. But then again I scratched out daily coming in an hour under or more. Never late on commits. Never missed an ODS pick up. Got commercial stops off before they closed. And volunteered for everything. I was told that my numbers make me look like a superstar on paper. Even my safety record of minimal backing and at a safe speed, with seatbelt use being perfect. And that was from senior drivers. They joke that I hacked the system somehow. Even when finished for the day I would call in to see if they needed help somewhere. It's not that hard to be good. I figure why not? We get paid by the hour anyhow. People that want less work don't make much sense. We get the job to make money.

Last edited: