How to enter pick ups into DIAD

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I feel defeated by what people are saying on this forum. I know I can do better. I want to do better. I just need the right supervision. My old UPS guy is calling me later to go over a few things. Like I said, I do like the job. I just need to establish a system/routine.
Baptism by fire, that is the ups way.

That’s ups get used to it Time to get real
Quit whining about whatever it is you’re whining about nobody cares or wants to hear it and either get it done or move on
That’s ups get used to it Time to get real
Quit whining about whatever it is you’re whining about nobody cares or wants to hear it and either get it done or move on
I’m looking for help/information. Not whining. Thanks.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I feel defeated by what people are saying on this forum. I know I can do better. I want to do better. I just need the right supervision. My old UPS guy is calling me later to go over a few things. Like I said, I do like the job. I just need to establish a system/routine.

You have to get a thicker skin to work here. In fact I would advise you to get off brown cafe entirely and just focus on work. Ask your supervisor or real coworkers these questions. You should be showing a big improvement within a week. If you aren’t then I would start to worry.

You have to get a thicker skin to work here. In fact I would advise you to get off brown cafe entirely and just focus on work. Ask your supervisor or real coworkers these questions. You should be showing a big improvement within a week. If you aren’t then I would start to worry.
I’m just trying to figure out how to delete my account here. Thanks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Brah, if you’re wanting somebody to hold your hand and tell you what a great job you’re doing you’re at the wrong place

Sink or swim that’s the cold hard truth

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I’m just trying to figure out how to delete my account here. Thanks
62B68A76-B5F5-4990-AD9E-6E7082359A6D.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've used unscheduled once or twice when the office messes up. No word yet. The system is pretty idiot proof. Any scan in the building appears to start the billing process if you don't scan yourself.

This is why they like to put in extra scans on saturday. Pieces could sit in the building without a scan until Monday worst case.

Whither

Scofflaw
I am a uniform driver. I had three 5 hour trainIng days this past week. I was given return labels for the pick ups. But never told how to enter them into the DIAD.
If you haven't deleted your account, I don't think anyone answered your question correctly ...

It sounds like you're talking about 'calltag' pickups. They will show in your board along with deliveries, scheduled pickups, and on-call pickups. When you get to the address, you scan the label. Per company training, make a legitimate attempt: knock, ring, bellow out "UPS!" Wait around a bit, listen for any sound that someone's home, and repeat. If it's a business, obviously you go in and make contact to get the return.

At this point, you need to know there are generally 2 types of calltags. RS1 and RS3. This will be in bold at the top of each label. (There are also Damage call-tags but those are rare.) If no one's home, you leave an RS1 calltag at/near the door. Follow the prompts in the DIAD (it's pretty self-explanatory, e.g., 'Left Tag' and '1 - Resi'). Your center may have the new doorhanger bags so it's easy to leave them on the doorknob. Otherwise, as close to the door as possible, e.g., partially under the welcome mat, etc. If they're home and the return pkg is ready, you take the pkg, and put the label on, follow the prompts and stop complete. If they're home and the pkg isn't ready, you leave the tag.

If it's an RS3, same process except -- you never leave the tag, even if the customer asks you to do so. If they're not home, sheet it NI (not-in)-1 with a filled out infonotice. If they're home but the pkg isn't ready, sheet it NR (not ready)-1, and let the person who answers know we'll try 3 times to pickup the pkg, urge them to have it ready ASAP tmrw if it's the 1st or 2nd attempt. In both cases, fill out the back of the tag and bring it back with you to the pkg car. You'll turn it back in at the center that night. If they're home and the pkg is ready, same process as the RS1 calltags except there won't be a prompt when you scan it. Just hit stop complete and 1-resi or 2-comm.

Sometimes people will say they cancelled the return. So in that case you'll go to non-delivery menu, Other, Refused, and assign it cancelled. Other times people have no idea what you're talking about: Non-delivery, Other, Refused, Didn't Want. If no one with that name lives at the address: Non-delivery, Other, No Such Person. In all of these cases, you take the tag back to the center, likewise if they've put 4 different Amazon returns in a single box. You use 1 label, sheet it appropriately, and sheet the rest as Refused and take them back to the center.

If you haven't deleted your account, I don't think anyone answered your question correctly ...

It sounds like you're talking about 'calltag' pickups. They will show in your board along with deliveries, scheduled pickups, and on-call pickups. When you get to the address, you scan the label. Per company training, make a legitimate attempt: knock, ring, bellow out "UPS!" Wait around a bit, listen for any sound that someone's home, and repeat. If it's a business, obviously you go in and make contact to get the return.

At this point, you need to know there are generally 2 types of calltags. RS1 and RS3. This will be in bold at the top of each label. (There are also Damage call-tags but those are rare.) If no one's home, you leave an RS1 calltag at/near the door. Follow the prompts in the DIAD (it's pretty self-explanatory, e.g., 'Left Tag' and '1 - Resi'). Your center may have the new doorhanger bags so it's easy to leave them on the doorknob. Otherwise, as close to the door as possible, e.g., partially under the welcome mat, etc. If they're home and the return pkg is ready, you take the pkg, and put the label on, follow the prompts and stop complete. If they're home and the pkg isn't ready, you leave the tag.

If it's an RS3, same process except -- you never leave the tag, even if the customer asks you to do so. If they're not home, sheet it NI (not-in)-1 with a filled out infonotice. If they're home but the pkg isn't ready, sheet it NR (not ready)-1, and let the person who answers know we'll try 3 times to pickup the pkg, urge them to have it ready ASAP tmrw if it's the 1st or 2nd attempt. In both cases, fill out the back of the tag and bring it back with you to the pkg car. You'll turn it back in at the center that night. If they're home and the pkg is ready, same process as the RS1 calltags except there won't be a prompt when you scan it. Just hit stop complete and 1-resi or 2-comm.

Sometimes people will say they cancelled the return. So in that case you'll go to non-delivery menu, Other, Refused, and assign it cancelled. Other times people have no idea what you're talking about: Non-delivery, Other, Refused, Didn't Want. If no one with that name lives at the address: Non-delivery, Other, No Such Person. In all of these cases, you take the tag back to the center, likewise if they've put 4 different Amazon returns in a single box. You use 1 label, sheet it appropriately, and sheet the rest as Refused and take them back to the center.
Thanks Mom

JL 0513

A lot of questions here. Probably won't get answers from OP who looks like he split.

174 stops on 1st day is being set up to fail, but many other unexplained variables have to be considered.
Piece count, miles, whether it is a city, suburban, or country route? It's Black Friday so was it near a shopping district with crazy traffic? And the DIAD was said to be the biggest problem. If it was a DIAD 6, then that's guaranteed failure and management should know this. It's killing seasoned drivers, imagine using a DIAD 6 on day 1 as a driver with a heavy dispatch.

BUT, if he had a DIAD 5 with a working cradle and didn't deal with heavy traffic, then yeah, he's screwed.

Thank you for answering my question. Appreciate it.

badpal

I bet half the on car sups in the country can't explain it that good.

onewithedd

As far as the “search” function goes, it’ll be a waste of your time!!

This group of people usually have “derailed” a thread within one page of replies and you will never find the info you need.

It basically comes down to grade school bullying!!

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
We haven't been allowed to use that for years
Same. I've always wondered why they don't take it out of the DIAD then like they do everything else they don't want us to do, like when a pkg is o/70 and it says 69lbs on the label we can't 'special counts' it, or editing a pkg once it's stop completed or editing lunch/breaks... etc.

Same. I've always wondered why they don't take it out of the DIAD then like they do everything else they don't want us to do, like when a pkg is o/70 and it says 69lbs on the label we can't 'special counts' it, or editing a pkg once it's stop completed or editing lunch/breaks... etc.
I quit trying to figure out this place a long time ago