How to get promotions? How to be sent oversea? How to get more power or money?

Hi guys. My Name is Yichang. I am a new UPS employee. I was originally from China. And this is pretty much my first US big job.( big is to the company, I use to work in small business. ) I just found this website and I want to learn some experience from you guys. Thank you so much for your comments.
I just got a position at UPS as pt supervisor. I am also a full-time college student. My previous job was at a different city as a marketing analyst and business manager.(2 & 1 year experience) The reason I quit my last job was that the company was small ( no more promotions available )and I need to go back to my school. Here are some of my questions. It's my pleasure to have any comments good or bad. Thank you all.
I would like to maximize my profit. ( To me profit = money, power, skills, experience ) I don't mean any bad to my boss or my team or the company.

1. How to get promotions within the same building fast? (How should I talk to my boss? , should I go around and try to learn everything?)
2. How to be sent oversea? I want to be sent to Asia so badly. I could help to build more UPS facilities or help UPS business locally.
3. How to get the best out of all the benefits? I do understand there are a lot of benefits in big companies. I would love to see your comments about which of those did actually help you out and how to get them.

Thank you for your time and comments. I wish you the best my friends.

Nah
1. How to get promotions within the same building fast? (How should I talk to my boss? , should I go around and try to learn everything?)
Promotions, if deserved, never come fast. But basically prove you have more than 5 brain cells. That will go a long way.
2. How to be sent oversea? I want to be sent to Asia so badly. I could help to build more UPS facilities or help UPS business locally.
Quit and get rehired.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
If you have a degree it might help move up faster on the management side. Though you’ll hate your life every single day. So I just suggest staying hourly and go driving.

Thebrownblob

If you have a degree it might help move up faster on the management side. Though you’ll hate your life every single day. So I just suggest staying hourly and go driving.
20-25 years ago there was possibly some reason for people to go into management. Now it seems like the only people who are interested are ones who don’t know any better, and think they’re getting a promotion, or those that can’t do the job of package car or feeders. Most people in management don’t even control much of anything, someone from some remote place tells them how to do everything. I’m not sure why Center Manager‘s are called “business managers” anymore they are not allowed to manage the business at all, just constant conference calls.

Cowboy Mac

Hi guys. My Name is Yichang. I am a new UPS employee. I was originally from China. And this is pretty much my first US big job.( big is to the company, I use to work in small business. ) I just found this website and I want to learn some experience from you guys. Thank you so much for your comments.
I just got a position at UPS as pt supervisor. I am also a full-time college student. My previous job was at a different city as a marketing analyst and business manager.(2 & 1 year experience) The reason I quit my last job was that the company was small ( no more promotions available )and I need to go back to my school. Here are some of my questions. It's my pleasure to have any comments good or bad. Thank you all.
I would like to maximize my profit. ( To me profit = money, power, skills, experience ) I don't mean any bad to my boss or my team or the company.

3. How to get the best out of all the benefits? I do understand there are a lot of benefits in big companies. I would love to see your comments about which of those did actually help you out and how to get them.

First of all, congrats on getting out of China. If you want to have more profit, then live below your means. This is especially important as a PT supervisor.

upser2020

I've seen a few people make it from pt sup to full time sup in 2 years but we have a pretty new building. As far as going overseas there are ways to transfer but from what I understand it's not always easy

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Is this a serious post ?

Box Ox

50L.gif

Promotions, if deserved, never come fast. But basically prove you have more than 5 brain cells. That will go a long way.

Quit and get rehired.
Thank you for your comment. You mentioned about the long time. Is it more because of its a big company thing? Or if it’s because I am on the operation side? Do u have any info about the marketing side of ups? Thank you again.

How tho be sent oversea?

Join the military.....

Asia?

USA will be controlled by the Chinese soon.......just stay here.
Thank you for your comment. I am not a big fan of military but after I graduated I might try to apply for an officer there. Join us military does effect you when u go to china.
Not trying to get political but even when china can control the entire Asian. It’s not going to benefit the ordinary people like me.

I've seen a few people make it from pt sup to full time sup in 2 years but we have a pretty new building. As far as going overseas there are ways to transfer but from what I understand it's not always easy
Thank you for your comment. Is it true that most people not trending to move up when they have the ft manager or supervisor position? It seems like when people get that position they just stop there.

First of all, congrats on getting out of China. If you want to have more profit, then live below your means. This is especially important as a PT supervisor.
Thank you for your comment. I did try to search up “ live below your means”, so as a normal pt supervisor I make about 2200 a month. My rent is about 900, car+Untility bill+Clothes+groceries+tuition saving. It’s kind hard for me to save money without a side job. I am not trying to dream about my features. But as an English second language people, during china is abandoning part of their production lines, big companies are all changing their shipping routes. I really want to grab the chance by this specific time. Plus it seems maximizes my advantage to most Spanish English bilinguals in US. Thank you again for your comment. I wish I can hear back from u. And I wish you have a good day. It’s my pleasure to have your advice.

Cowboy Mac

Thank you for your comment. I did try to search up “ live below your means”, so as a normal pt supervisor I make about 2200 a month. My rent is about 900, car+Untility bill+Clothes+groceries+tuition saving. It’s kind hard for me to save money without a side job. I am not trying to dream about my features. But as an English second language people, during china is abandoning part of their production lines, big companies are all changing their shipping routes. I really want to grab the chance by this specific time. Plus it seems maximizes my advantage to most Spanish English bilinguals in US. Thank you again for your comment. I wish I can hear back from u. And I wish you have a good day. It’s my pleasure to have your advice.
Living below your means is to spend less than you make. As a college student, your main goal should be to get through school without any debt. Don’t worry too much about saving for retirement or having nice things until after you graduate. Just get through school and get that degree or you will be stuck in operations. You’ll be alright.

Living below your means is to spend less than you make. As a college student, your main goal should be to get through school without any debt. Don’t worry too much about saving for retirement or having nice things until after you graduate. Just get through school and get that degree or you will be stuck in operations. You’ll be alright.
Thank you so much. I really appreiach your advice. I hope you have a really nice day. I will surely work on them. Thank you again.