How to piss off a Driver?

Loyal Teamster

Let's see, we know that you're from Dallas, and we know you drive (in your mind) a 60's something Chrysler. Keep dropping clues, and as soon as you do sabotage that load, see ya'!!!!!!

I keep changing locations for the same purpose, Identification. I'm your LOCAL Teamster.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You get paid 70k+ a year to gripe at a job just as hard as yours, even harder at times, at 15k a year and think your right? Most drivers came from easy scrap jobs, small sort, debag and others. They never really worked a hard job here before. Now, that they actually have to touch packages and work for a change, they are pissed off. This job has lots of babies, deal with it.

You are an idiot !!!

Just the responsibility as a driver is more stressful than you loading 4 cars !!!!

There's a reason we make that much, and some days it just ain't enough !!!

PS : Keep the misloads to a minimum

Wish you were my loader,Loyal Teamster. I'd love to see you intentionally screw up my load. I have ways of dealing with your kind. But the unfortunate part is that your loads are probably so bad to begin with no one could tell the difference between intentional and your actual loading ability. Careful whom you intentionally piss off,some of us aren't playing with a full deck,if you catch my drift. ;)

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
They had this building wide handout before I went on vacation and one of the topics was "sabotage". When asked what it meant one of the instances would be "knowingly misloading.....blah blah blah". I guess they had a rash of people tossing boxes in others loads, etc. Basically they grouped it in with dishonesty.

If they want to fire a preloader for bad loads, then all of us would be gone. Its not us at fault, its IE and dispatch kiss their ass. Sabotage on a load would look just as bad on management then on a preloader who cant get fired. They cant provide enough time and evidence on the claim to call it so. Chalk it up to the conditions on the job and one will always skate away free, no one should be fired for production here.

This always be a lose, lose for you to claim it so.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
You are an idiot !!!

Just the responsibility as a driver is more stressful than you loading 4 cars !!!!

I beg to differ.

Our jobs are very hardcore. We will walk, carry and place more packages in a 4 hour period then you will deliver and pick up in a 8 hour timeframe. And we get paid in fractions of what a driver would. Preload is nothing a driver would ever want to do.

I know we dont make enough money on preload, because they only think this type of job is for college kids and those who need the benefits.

The real job at UPS is preload.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I beg to differ.

Our jobs are very hardcore. We will walk, carry and place more packages in a 4 hour period then you will deliver and pick up in a 8 hour timeframe. And we get paid in fractions of what a driver would. Preload is nothing a driver would ever want to do.

I know we dont make enough money on preload, because they only think this type of job is for college kids and those who need the benefits.

I've been a loader for 5+ years and I call bull****. Yes we work hard, and yes I make less than half what a driver earns an hour. However, drivers work their asses off too. Just because I load 1100 packages and he only delivers say 325, he's out there in the pouring rain, freezing cold, snow, and the heat. And 8 hr shifts?? In my hub, most drivers aren't back till at least 7pm. Yes, it's a hot, sweaty mess in the hub in the summer. But do you know how hot the backs of those cars get baking in the sun during their shifts?? Not to mention their 150 pieces of pickups, and annoying customers. And the air....one of my guys left the building yesterday at 910am...with a 35 min drive to his delivery area with 32 air stops. Talk about being set up for failure. So, until managment decides to build us a line outside so we can load cars in the snow....drivers have it worse than we do.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You are an idiot !!!

I beg to differ.

The most retarded statement since Loyal Teamster's last post.

UPS Preloader

I've been a loader for 5+ years and I call bull****. Yes we work hard, and yes I make less than half what a driver earns an hour. However, drivers work their asses off too. Just because I load 1100 packages and he only delivers say 325, he's out there in the pouring rain, freezing cold, snow, and the heat. And 8 hr shifts?? In my hub, most drivers aren't back till at least 7pm. Yes, it's a hot, sweaty mess in the hub in the summer. But do you know how hot the backs of those cars get baking in the sun during their shifts?? Not to mention their 150 pieces of pickups, and annoying customers. And the air....one of my guys left the building yesterday at 910am...with a 35 min drive to his delivery area with 32 air stops. Talk about being set up for failure. So, until managment decides to build us a line outside so we can load cars in the snow....drivers have it worse than we do.

Don't give them to much credit, Heff's head is already to big. LOL (Just kidding Heff.)

UPS Preloader

I beg to differ.

Our jobs are very hardcore. I THINK WE ALL AGREE ON THIS.

We will walk, carry and place more packages in a 4 hour period than a driver will deliver & pick up in a 8 hour timeframe. I WOULD AGREE WITH THIS.

We get paid in fractions of what a driver would. YES, AND SOME FRACTIONS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS.

Preload is nothing a driver would ever want to do. YOUR RIGHT, THAT'S WHY THEY BECAME DRIVERS!!!!

I know we don't make enough money on preload, because they only think this type of job is for college kids and those who need the benefits. IT'S DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY THINK. IT IS WHAT IT IS AND IT WAS A RESULT OF PART-TIMERS NOT VOTING.

The real job at UPS is preload. NO, THE REAL JOB AT UPS IS SURVIVING!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have a huge respect for preload because I spent my first 6 1/2 years at UPS there.

Getting up early, walking in sleepy eyed, and basically jumping onto a treadmill going 30 miles an hour.
I respect it because I enjoyed my time there and the "act of preloading" is essential to the process of delivery.

After saying this, the process is so dumbed down that all you need is an adult body and a 2nd grade education now.
There's a reason UPS spent millions on PAS !!
A true preloader's worth was on his/her ability to read the load charts, keep track of stop counts, and move splits on their own to keep the route within it's MIN/MAX.

That era is long gone, a preloader is no more special than the pickoff guy, an unloader, and the train guy.
You are just a pair of hands between the package being picked up by A DRIVER and it being delivered by one. Even UPS ties know that.

Damn, even Loyal Teamster is a preloader. Where is your God now ????? :beersmiley1:

PS: This was not a jab at preloaders, but to knock ORLY down a few pegs !!!!!! :wink2:

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a huge respect for preload because I spent my first 6 1/2 years at UPS there.

Getting up early, walking in sleepy eyed, and basically jumping onto a treadmill going 30 miles an hour.
I respect it because I enjoyed my time there and the "act of preloading" is essential to the process of delivery.

After saying this, the process is so dumbed down that all you need is an adult body and a 2nd grade education now.
A true preloader's worth was on his/her ability to read the load charts, keep track of stop counts, and move splits on their own to keep the route within it's MIN/MAX.

That era is long gone, a preloader is no more special than the pickoff guy, an unloader, and the train guy.
You are just a pair of hands between the package being picked up by A DRIVER and it being delivered by one. Even UPS ties know that.

Damn, even Loyal Teamster is a preloader. Where is your God now ????? :beersmiley1:

PS: This was not a jab at preloaders, but to knock ORLY down a few pegs !!!!!! :wink2:
Agreed, loading is not rocket science, yet so many manage to **** it up daily. Hmmm...where do I put this over 70?? I'm thinking, label side down on the wrong side of the truck....

P700slave

Guess you dont want your job. I had a preloader once that was a jerk, so over the course of six months, I managed to get him fired. Grow up junior.

Loyal Teamster

True, preloader job is simple, All they need is to read a 4 digit number and put it in order. In a few years it should be considered an unskilled job, next step un-unionize part timers, and replace them with young kids that can read up to # 8999. & pay them minimum wage with no benefits. this would increase productivity in the long run and generate billions more in profits.

Its what i would do from a business prospective.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

UPS Preloader

True, preloader job is simple, All they need is to read a 4 digit number and put it in order. In a few years it should be considered an unskilled job, next step un-unionize part timers, and replace them with young kids that can read up to # 8999. & pay them minimum wage with no benefits. this would increase productivity in the long run and generate billions more in profits.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

So let me know if I interpret this correctly. "Loyal Teamster" would get rid of the Teamsters?

UPS Preloader

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Loyal Teamster, please take your meds, wait an hour, and then try answering the question again.