How to quit my job at Fedex Ground

sjh

I'm assuming you're a driver? If so, talk to your employer (contractor who gives you your paycheck) and simply say you're quitting. Two weeks notice is what is typically considered respectable. Longer - up to a month - extremely generous.

FUFred

After you leave your station, drive to the other side of town, farthur is better. Have a friend pick you up, leave your id, shirt, gas card ( if you have one) power pad in the truck, leave the keys in the cup holder lock the drivers door leave the passenger door open,
​ send dispatch a message, truck in parked on xyz road in abc town, I quit. Thats it

Schlepper

I just did this. Gave two weeks to the contractor, didn't worry about telling anyone else. Within two days he had a trainee riding with me to get a feel for the route. It's the contractor's responsibility, so no worries about telling station management, they'll figure it out.

MaineGroundDriver

Wow, I would never quit without giving notice and I would NEVER quit via txt and/or no show .. that's just ignorant, sackless and other various terms used to describe an idiot ..

Nick9075

two weeks notice? LOL!!, many quit via text message or just no call no show.

Your drivers have no respect for you, do they?

I guess not but the feeling is mutual. It's all about money right? One guy quits its easy to find another.

The employees are just seen as replaceable resources. Do you honestly believe that the top level executives have any real respect for the workers of ground or home delivery ? They may recite all this touchy freely bs on shows like cnbc but its all bs
I will tell you one thing. The senior manager and p&d managers have no respect for me and would pull my contract in a ny.minute given the chance

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'd take my concerns to the managing director. Or just take the money and run.

Yeah but would the managing director even care?

I mean if it's anything like upper Express management they're much more likely to side with station management.

55+

If you think you can handle staying another two weeks then show some class and give notice..It only ruins our rep even more when drivers just up and leave without notice..show those mgrs that you are more mature than they are and leave on your terms and with integrity.

HomeDelivery

it depends on the contractor; if he treated you like crap, return the favor

if, however, he valued your service, go ahead and do the right thing & train your replacement about your route.

at HD, though, you can be replaced just like that~ (snaps fingers) w/ someone else to do the route w/ less stops at first so the replacement won't be overwhelmed... then gauge the replacement's load capacity & give him more stops if he is a runner-gunner. & vice versa if he's a method-worker

some said my recent raise was kinda high & i told that contractor if i cost to much to keep him from his profits, to find another driver that'll take less pay-per-stop or salary day... dunno the specifics, but i know i'm still not making enough for this type of job.

sjh

I guess not but the feeling is mutual. It's all about money right? One guy quits its easy to find another.

The employees are just seen as replaceable resources. Do you honestly believe that the top level executives have any real respect for the workers of ground or home delivery ? They may recite all this touchy freely bs on shows like cnbc but its all bs
I will tell you one thing. The senior manager and p&d managers have no respect for me and would pull my contract in a ny.minute given the chance

Does your contractor relations guy have any weight with your managers? That sucks, but seems to be a common theme. I don't think managers over contractors ever works. Managers will always always treat them like employees; like they're the ones signing the checks.

However, I don't believe a contractor's relationship with his managers should dictate his relationship with his employees. Our employees highly respect my husband -- highly -- and we have tremendous respect for them. They are (on average) the highest-paid employees in our terminal, plus we give paid vacation, annual raises, a matching retirement program, monthly bonuses, Christmas bonuses, Employee of the Month bonuses, loyalty bonuses (we have two guys who have been with our company 5 years, so we gave them several hundred $$$ and a small party), and bring in donuts, cinnamon rolls, breakfast burritos, tamales, etc often. Our next goals are uniform allowances (for shoes...they wear out WAY too fast on this job), health insurance (!!), and cell phone subsidies...but those won't happen till we've paid off the rest of our business debt. As it is, we haven't taken a personal raise in 3 years because our settlement enhancements go straight to the drivers.

Drivers might be easily replaced, but not good ones. We'd rather have a workforce of top-notch drivers, and treat them as such, then to have constant turn-around. But I guess if it really is "all about the money" than you probably disagree.